1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Enterolabs compare educate thread!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MamaGrok, Oct 8, 2012.

1. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

LMAO, but I know you are RIGHT! Guess I better tell the dh we have to go for lobster tonight.

2. When put in this frame it looks like great results! Mind-shifting.....

3. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I fear this test...

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2-3 lobsters just for you,

you can't eat sides.

5. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I love your way of thinking....;)

6. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I want to know ASAP when you find out what Dr. Kruse says about the practical implications of your results!

7. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Got my results back today and mostly very good news. There's one confusing & contradictory finding perhaps someone can help explain:

Based on a recent reaction when I inadvertently ate gluten, I'm convinced I am gluten sensitive. I would like to understand the transglutaminase result and why that indicates I'm not gluten sensitive.

The other quandary is that I had low values for casein & eggs (both 4) but I wonder whether it makes sense to eat them or not since I show some level of antibodies...

8. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I totally don't know, but would guess that you're sensitive to the gliadin protein, but not the transglutaminase enzyme that your body produces to help you digest gluten. Thus, still wheat sensitive, just not autoimmune to this specific enzyme at this point.

9. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I don't totally know either. However I do know that tissue transglutaminase antibodies are associated with celiac disease (autoimmune). The body even tries to destroy it's own gluten enzyme. In your case, it looks like this is not happening at a significant level, like MamaGrok said. I wonder if JK would say that any level of ttg antibodies is a marker for celiac (much like he says with low levels of thyroid antibodies and Hashi's). That I really couldn't say.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I only had one test done at EnteroLab, the fecal IgA. I got a 150 (normal is less than 10). Guess that explains the tremendous health benefits I saw when I ditched wheat. Even when I was just cutting back I saw benefits. And I've seen more benefits this year from staying away from other grains as Jack has advised.

11. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Is that the same as the fecal sIgA from GI Effects? I got a 170 (range 20-140Ithink), but it describes the results as indicating "Immune reaction to antigens from bacteria, yeast, or other microbes." I still don't really know what that means.

12. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Okay, Got my almost 4yo daughter's enterolab back this morning.

Most of it makes complete sense. I'm a bit surprised by the eggs and rice though, and I thought almonds were an issue.

Luckily no meats were on her reaction list.

This was an expensive test but I wish I had this information for her 2 years ago.... I can't get that crucial development time back. But, now I know better and can do better moving forward with her....

DDENTEROLABRESULTS.txt

13. This tells you so much! I can hear the wheels in your head turning right now! Can't wait to do this .....

14. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

It does Patty.... there's a lot of grinding with the turning though. :=)

and we are going to need to get together for another Ocean swim!

15. After this week I'll be ready to go out again!

16. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Good! Maybe we should figure out how to go spear fishing like those guys we saw... (I'm not really sure if I'm joking or not). Been trying to look at N.County beaches that might not have such big swells ... Brian is off today so we are planning on all going down to the beach after lunch and then maybe we'll stop by Pt. Loma seafood.

I've been really surprised about how hubby has been processing the results of this Enterolab report . When I ordered it I prepped him that any food that came back positive we would never be giving her again. YET, I've had to verbally beat him over the head for the last 24 hours to get through loud and clear No.More.Dairy.Period.EVER.Again. He is usually the sense of reason when poor thinking sets in around here..... It made me realize how effective the "got milk" type advertising really is. I'm off to make her a coconut milk mousse with grassfed gelatin now....

17. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Thank you for sharing the report! So does enterolabs distinguish between egg white & yolk?

18. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

No, it doesnt... After her diet has been totally free of the "food that gives her boo boos" I might test yolks. Not sure yet. I don't eat eggs. Havent since Colleen Coble associated a reaction with drowsiness and it struck a chord. I might not worry about it and just get her eating fish eggs. Hubby eats chicken eggs but he makes his own for himself before the rest of us are up.

19. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

MG, not sure what Jack would say, but my new doc (who is an MD, func. med and anti-aging) told me to consider duck or quail eggs. Of course I won't be eating them all the time if do go that route. I will probably try it and see how I do though.

20. Yeah that spear fishing thing looked kinda fun! I asked my girlfriend about beaches in Encinitas and she really didn't have any suggestions. We need to find one now that the water is getting cooler even if the weather is not! Have fun at the beach...great day for it!

Can your daughter have goat milk? I thought the BCM-7 was strictly a cow dairy test. Also it seemed to me that it was a test for A1 diary. Goat and sheep are A2 dairy and most cows in the US are A1. OK someone straighten me out if I am wrong. I do eat some goat and sheep just now cow.

BTW, I made a chocolate pudding with beef gelatin, coconut milk, and 90% chocolate that was yummy! Also made a cranberry jello thingy with the gelatin, ground up cranberries, orange peel, and a dash of stevia. It was so good I made it again!