1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Enterolabs compare educate thread!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MamaGrok, Oct 8, 2012.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Post your results here! I would like to see how those who have done the PanelA+C testing have fared. Do your results correspond with your observations about foods you don't tolerate or crave or notice raise your antibodies or ANA? What kind of changes have you seen since eliminating those foods?

I'm going to order testing this week for my whole family and will post results here when I get them.

2. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I think this thread is a great idea. I expect my results within another week. Might take up to 3 weeks. This will be interesting to see the symptoms we are all having and the results of all the tests and start doing our own n=1.

3. Really excited to see how everyone fares in these tests. They are on my wish list for now.

4. CarolMorris

CarolMorris New Member

Mine too!!

5. My DH just told me to get this test when I explained what it would tell me! Can anyone who has ordered this tell me what it costs? I will call them later but wondered if anyone got this w/o doc and what it's pricing is.

6. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Just mailed mine in today and am looking forward to some useful results.

7. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

8. Thanks! I had been on the site about a month ago and looked around but the prices being right on the site didn't totally register. Dull brain today and I don't like it!

9. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

That was my thinking. How could one in our shoes pass it by??? I spent about $650 but I added the also fat malabsorption to see how bad or not bad I have it and I also got the A & C. Thinking we only have to do this much once to know since it will never go away if positive.

10. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

I ordered this for my little girl several days ago (A+C) and will report back on our experience. Hoping that the kit gets here soon....

11. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I am trying to attach my lab results. Let's see if I am successful. Not too happy with the results.

Attached files Enterolabresult 10-17-12.txt (10.5 KB)

12. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

This is very interesting. Not all bad news. Sounds like you can have cashews. Love cashews. I am going to do this. So does the sensitivity for tuna include all fish?

13. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I love cashews too! Thanks for the reminder. I believe it only tests those things listed. Perhaps they are the most reactive in the general population??? I don't know how to interpret the meat thing. How can I not eat meat? What about bacon (pork)?

14. This has a lot of info in it for you. It looks to me like the results are very valuable.

So you cannot eat dairy, eggs, grains (most if not all but I think you are off all), and no chicken (no loss there) and pork. We eat turkey bacon but maybe that's like chicken. But there is also lamb bacon that is wonderful and similar but not totally alike.

I'm curious how the beef result would be interpreted too. I had an allergy test and almonds came up as a very mild allergy. They told me I could have them every four days. I just eliminated them. But I wonder if you can have beef just not all the time.

Also cashews are good for soups, smoothies, and other items for a creamy thickening ingredient. DH has a problem w/cashews so we don't eat them but I've heard good results.

I'm trying to figure out are you Celiac or Celiac Sprue with these results or is that inconclusive on that front?

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Thanks Patty and yes I have dropped eggs, dairy and grains except the little slip of butter here or there but mostly ghee. Pork is REALLY tough for me as I work for a pork mfg company and I live off the stuff. We make awesome bacon, braunsweiger, hams, etc. I would think that turkey falls in the same class as chicken. I think I need to tell my son to get me a deer. He's bow hunting at present and that would probably be a safe bet.

As for celiac vs. celiac sprue, I don't think there is a difference and I believe it is inconclusive as you have to have a biopsy to confirm. All I know is I have the gene and my daughter actually has confirmed celiac by biopsy. Guessing if I'm not there already, I'm well on my way if I don't change things around.

16. Good thing you caught it now before it manifested into something worse! I think a lot of people maybe scared to have this done because of the fear of the results. I'm excited for you because you now know what you cannot do. I can't wait to get my testing done after the first of the year.

Working for a pork manufacturer just puts another kink in the wheel of life and you will just work through that. Like I said DH doesn't eat pork so I have gotten used to other meats cured similar to bacon and it's not even my issue! I've have enough foods on my own that must be eliminated!!

My understanding, very limited at best, was that celiac was just ABs produced from the wheat and Celiac Sprue was ABs from both dairy and wheat. Like I said I don't know that much about it and I'm sure you know waaaay more with your daughter being Celiac.

Also I think Cyrex Labs does a pretty conclusive blood test for Celiac. I had their cross-reactive for gluten test done and it was good info. I was told things can change once you get the body healthier so I am hoping to get that test redone again next year sometime. But first is EnteroLab A+C.

17. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

You know, as much as I bitch about all of this I am so grateful to Jack for helping all of us figure all this stuff out. WHERE would we all be without him.....

I am going to read more about celiac now as I have never heard of it that way. Very interesting.

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Wow, amazing results. THANK YOU for sharing them.

Are we fairly confident that the protein results are accurate across the board, like for pork, tuna, etc.? (I'm wracking my brain to figure out how one would develop a sensitivity just to tuna, or to something as health-crucial as fish in general.)

19. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I called her today just to get a better explanation of my results. She made it sound it was accurate. She also told me I shouldn't eat salmon right now as sometimes there is a cross reaction to tuna. I have a lot in the freezer. Kinda wondering what I am supposed to eat? Can't eat chicken, pork, tuna and even beef is on the list. Can't eat grains. Veggies are carbs. No eggs. No dairy. Hmmm, what else is left, water! I wonder how shellfish play into this - totally different then tuna. I realize I am exaggerating a bit but still I didn't expect to react to any meats.

She did tell me to start with the top of the list and gradually not eat those things and if I do only eat them every 4 days like Patty said. She said right now things are pretty flared up and by not eating from the top would help. I asked her if I will ever be able to eat some of those things and she said I might if I get my system settled down. She also said to not eat a lot of the things that I didn't react to as I might start. She also mentioned to keep a food journal and note everything I can think of to see what I might react to.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

"Lucky you".

You can eat shelfish (omega3+phospholipids), olive oil(omega9), coconut oil(saturated), sea-weed, sea-salt, black pepper.

Water.