1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emma's Journal of Amazingness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ScottishEmma, Jun 30, 2017.

1. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Took MB courtesy of Mitoblue for the first time today. Ordered straight up MB and the mist. The husband is on board with trying this. I found a couple of really lucid moments where my awareness seemed to creep up a notch or two - interesting!!

Went to the doc today for a blood test. Told him I want thyroid checked due to raynauds flare up (although this may be salt intake increase) and hormone panel due to increased amounts of cherry angiomas (don't even know if he knew what I meant!!) and my hormone cycle.

Today is day 24 of my cycle and I was feeling the rage. I'm so keen to get these hormones balanced. Guessing Spain will help... TWO MONTHS TO GO!!

caroline likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I can just imagine you rolling into your Doc's office!!! pistols blazing!

ScottishEmma likes this.
  3. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yesterday - dentist. Refused to fill in my forms on their tablet. The nurse offered to do it for me :) Also refused "a couple of x-rays". I'm not interested in being submissive to the system.

Went for oysters, fried whitebait and mussels yesterday with the husband. I had 3 oysters! Loaded with spiced onions, tabasco and lemon juice. I WAS HIGH AS A KITE AFTERWARDS! I won't say I love them but I'm going to, god damn it!! :)

After listening to another podcast with JK and Ruben - who was talking about contrast showers - I've approached CT slightly differently the last two days. Roasting hot tub and then cold shower. Then back to the tub then back to the shower. 3 - 4 times of this and I'm able to stay in the cold a couple of minutes. I much prefer knowing I can get in hot water in a minute. I know, I'm a work in progress!!

Feeling great despite no fucking sun for days and none until next weekend :( Less than two months til the move!!!

Attached Files:

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am guessing that "submissive" is the last thing anyone would call you!!! Gotta love your gentle demeanour - LOL

BTW - you are raising a girl child????? yikes!

ScottishEmma likes this.
  5. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yes, and she's more feisty than me! She's 2. Watch out world :)

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was thinking we should move your ardent desire for bigger boobs to your journal ....instead of poor Mathew's journal.

This would be a great hack for you.... maybe
    nightly breast massages by your significant other....
    lots and lots of high quality fat
    strengthen breast muscles
    maybe "ask Jack" - I feel pretty certain that he is a breast man - but then again - I could be wrong....

ScottishEmma likes this.
  7. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yes, the husband is obliging with a nightly massage. Poor thing! :)

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I should have added .....bicycle pump!

my sympathy to your DH ....

ScottishEmma likes this.
  9. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

I'm no forager but I'm getting in more yard plants for a more "edible landscape." Purslane sneaks into potted plants on my patio -- they get added in to smoothies/salads/bone broths; I planted comfrey and the young leaves, steamed with garlic, butter & salt, are fun -- although I prefer spinach. A friend took some comfrey that didn't like where I planted them and now always adds comfrey as fodder for her farm & pet animals. She'll even dehydrate some as they die here with the first frost. (I think comfrey fodder is better known in Australia?) Foraging for Fiddleheads up north was our Mum's compulsory family-activity every Spring.

Alas, I never beat the birds to the wild, or someone-put-them-there, grapes.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  10. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Amazing the differences between UK and US. We can't eat fiddleheads here - too poisonous! :)

11. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Thanks to @fitness@home I used genetic genie to get some info on my SNPs. I almost paid for a report at MTHFR support - is it worth it for more info??

Here's my breakdown from GG. Putting it here so I've got it handy... LITERALLY NO IDEA WHAT IT ALL MEANS! :)

COMT V158M rs4680 AG +/-
    COMT H62H rs4633 CT +/-
    COMT P199P rs769224 GG -/-
    VDR Bsm rs1544410 CC -/-
    VDR Taq rs731236 AA +/+
    MAO A R297R rs6323 GT +/-
    ACAT1-02 rs3741049 GG -/-
    MTHFR C677T rs1801133 GG -/-
    MTHFR 03 P39P rs2066470 GG -/-
    MTHFR A1298C rs1801131 GT +/-
    MTR A2756G rs1805087 AG +/-
    MTRR A66G rs1801394 AA -/-
    MTRR H595Y not found n/a not genotyped
    MTRR K350A rs162036 AG +/-
    MTRR R415T not found n/a not genotyped
    MTRR A664A rs1802059 AG +/-
    BHMT-02 rs567754 CC -/-
    BHMT-04 not found n/a not genotyped
    BHMT-08 rs651852 CC -/-
    AHCY-01 rs819147 TT -/-
    AHCY-02 not found n/a not genotyped
    AHCY-19 rs819171 TT -/-
    CBS C699T rs234706 AA +/+
    CBS A360A rs1801181 GG -/-
    CBS N212N not found n/a not genotyped
    SHMT1 C1420T not found n/a not genotyped

First we'll look at a few of your MTHFR mutations. According to research, these mutations are important and can be implicated in various disease states.
    You have 1 heterozygous (yellow) mutation(s). These are generally not as bad as red homozygous mutation, but they may still worth paying attention to. They include:
    • MTHFR A1298C
    Now let's move on to discuss what these MTHFR mutation(s) mean.
    MTHFR A1298C
    MTHFR A1298C is involved in converting 5-methylfolate (5MTHF) to tetrahydrofolate (THF). Unlike MTHFR C677T, the A1298C mutation does not lead to elevated homocysteine levels. This reaction helps generate BH4. BH4 is important for the detoxification of ammonia. The gene is compromised about 70% in MTHFR A1298C (+/+) individuals, and about 30% in people with a heterozygous (+/-) mutation.
    BH4 acts as a rate limiting factor for the production of neurotransmitters and catecholamines including serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine. A MTHFR A1298C + status may cause a decrease in any of these neurotransmitters or catecholamines. BH4 is also a cofactor in the production of nitric oxide. A dysfunctional BH4 enzyme may lead to mental/emotional and/or physical symptoms. Mercury, lead, and aluminum may act as a drain on BH4.
    All of Your Other Mutations
    Now we are going to look at all of your mutations. You do not necessarily need to worry about all of these mutations, but certain mutations may cause problems in certain individuals. Genetic Genie does not look at the expression of your genes, it only looks at specific gene SNPs. Keep in mind that even if you are homozygous or heterozygous for a certain mutations, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the functioning of that gene. You have 2 homozygous (+/+) mutations and 6 heterozygous (+/-) mutations.
    Here are your homozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
    • VDR Taq
    • CBS C699T
    Here are your heterozygous mutations as indicated in your SNP gene table above (not including MTHFR):
    • COMT V158M
    • COMT H62H
    • MAO-A R297R
    • MTR A2756G
    • MTRR K350A
    • MTRR A664A

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Yes, the report in MTHFR Support is worth it. I think mine is nearly 40 pages. As they add to it your report is updated.

There are other apps like Livewello that do similar. I just like to to support Sterling when I can...

She's very real, gritty and down to earth - likes to help people. A bit of a drama queen on Facebook at times, but I think that's because she feel everything so intensely

ScottishEmma likes this.
  13. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

You will be able to look many of these up in the SNPbit Compedium...

ScottishEmma likes this.
  14. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I'm incredibly grateful, thank you! I'll give MTHFR a go!

15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

So having found out my SNPs it seems I have a bad mix for estrogen CYP1B1 and COMT V158M and H62H.

I get my hormone panel results on Thursday. I'm interested that I already knew that estrogen was off in my body. I have quite a number of cherry angiomas and my mood during my cycle is pretty nasty!

Looking forward to getting my results. It's a basic NHS test so I may pay for something more indepth...

caroline likes this.
  16. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Should get my blood test results back today - hopefully. I think they may have added a vitamin D test in which is brilliant because I forgot to ask for it.

I'm not feeling my usual zing this cycle - normally days 3 - 15 I'm on fire. Not so this month.

I researched my snps and found a lot of estrogen focused issues.

I'm literally COVERED in cherry angiomas. They are cropping up everywhere and I don't know if this is a good sign or not.

I've upped the iodine topically to every day. Also drinking 1 litre of MB infused water.

I got some CHAGA! I used to drink it religiously every day then fell out the way of it a few months back. Whilst I ditched my chocolate bar addiction (YAY!) I replaced it with caffeinated chai tea with honey which wasn't doing me much good in the morning so I'm back to chaga. Hopefully this will also boost my tan!!

Having second thoughts about a plastic brace. I think if I have estrogen issues then sucking in BPA every night ain't a good idea. Worried my teeth will go everywhere when this brace comes off in a fortnight... Vanity!

I'll post back when I get my results...

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Cherry angiomas are listed as a detox symptom in my Iodine book..... I have no cherry angiomas and did not got any from the iodine protocol either, but I do not have too much estrogen, that might be why... I got awful weird pimples tho - bromide detox!

ScottishEmma likes this.
  18. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

This makes me feel more positive

http://www.cheeseslave.com/cherry-angiomas-iodine-and-bromide-detox/

mmarston likes this.
  19. Inger

Inger Silver

Nice, Emma :) :)

20. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I know it's not very detailed but here are some results

TSH 1.38
    FSH 5.6 u/l
    LH 4.8 u/l
    Oestradiol 124 pmol/l

The range for oestradiol is between 100-2000 so I'm within range but that looks low? Approx day 3-5 of cycle when blood taken...

@JanSz any ideas?