1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emma's Journal of Amazingness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ScottishEmma, Jun 30, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Emma - I think it is harder doing it the way you are doing it! You can wear a hat and wool socks and mittens if you need to. I used to wear a spandex top - helps to compress fat cells....altho you don't look like you have any extra fat! damn!

Just do it!

2. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I dunno, I kinda feel as if I need a bit of warmth to do it. I'm a very cold person and doing it here on a cold day is so utterly unappealing!

Ha, I don't have much fat going on to keep me warm but I do have a lotta cellulite on my upper back thighs.

Does CT get rid of cellulite? :)

Kathy1967 and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you feel cold overall, check your
    Cortisol(7;30AM) should be in upper 1/4 of laboratory range
    freeT3 should be in upper 1/8 of laboratory range
    RT3 should be in the middle
    sodium should be 141-143 or possibly higher, eat only unrefined salt, from teaspoon, as much as feel good, at least 1/8-1/4 teaspoon a day
    all that on top of food seasoning

////////
    You should feel warm in the core of your body (including during CT)

////////

Kathy1967 and ScottishEmma like this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

wear a spandex top and bike shorts - it compresses your cellulite!

5. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Thanks, I'll get another test at docs.

I've been eating salt straight the last few days and I like it!

6. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

Emma, dry brushing is one of my favorite hacks, along with grapefruit essential oil that I add to a little coconut oil and apply to my body before dry brushing in the morning. Nude sunbathing, especially in the morning, plenty of good spring water and doing body weight squats throughout the course of the day helps, along with CT. I also take ACV several times a day, which is another favorite hack of mine. The squats are also great for strengthening the vagina, as I can really vice grip my husband very well, which he loves! I've had three babies and I will be 57 in a week. Here is a shot of my back end from two years ago, when I was just shy of 55. Picture4340.jpg

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

show and tell ......nice

8. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Wow! Awesome. Yes I've heard grapefruit is good. Apparently you can add one drop of the essential oil to water to...

Why do you drink ACV out of curiosity? Detox? I've never much liked it with water...

9. drezy

drezy New Member

Nice BUN/Creat ratio.

Kathy1967, caroline and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  10. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

It's another one of my mitohacks.

Kathy1967, ScottishEmma and drezy like this.
  11. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

What benefits do you perceive from it?

Kathy1967 likes this.
  12. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Update: -

Quite a lot of pink clothes. I'm off to order purple clothes dye from amazon to turn them purple.

Raynauds seems to be making an appearance the last couple of weeks. Not sure if salt or iodine a cause. I'm going to the docs this week to request full hormone panel for estrogen - seem to have a lot of cherry angiomas - mostly on and around my breasts...

Also thyroid panel. I'm just too fucking cold for my liking.

Decided to approach CT baths properly but slowly. Realised they're probably not cold enough so I'm going to add ice but start very slowly by submerging in a small amount and build up rather than sit in empty bath and fill it...

Almost ready to become a member. Looking forward to hearing the July webinar.

Kathy1967 likes this.
  13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Emma I had horrendous Raynauds in my 30s. By the time I joined here I had overcome the worst of it years before, but still had a "predisposition". CT was tough to start with, becoming cold adapted from warm adapted wasn't without some bumps in the road. From CT6 "The cold adapted human thyroid FXN: does not bother with T3 at all. Why? When you are supremely LS by cold you go straight to the source, the hypothalamus and make TRH from the brain. The brain controls all thyroid function in cold. Forget the Moose thyroid." Also "If you have been an estrogen collector as a warm adapted hominid (most are too) you will notice some bumps as you adapt. Fear not. It soon shall pass."

I went through numb fingers and toes, (get out now), and a lot of feeling cold afterwards. In hindsight I would have tackled it differently, been a little kinder to myself, I was too focused on losing weight rather than my redox/heteroplasmy. I knew I was getting better at CT when I would start generating heat before getting in to the tub, whilst breaking the ice with a hammer, and became more resistant to the cold (and heat) generally. :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've remembered another hack I did, when the water wasn't cold enough, but it could help your transition ... I made ice in soap sized blocks, sat in the cool/just warm water and "washed" myself with the soap, just kept it moving over my body to avoid ice burns, to stimulate the surface receptors without it being too extreme. I just flipped it between my hands, but you could use a glove or put socks on your hands to keep them warmer whilst you do it. :)

15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

That's a brilliant idea!! Today is the first day I put ice in my bath!!

Kathy1967 likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Emma -you sit in the tub and then fill it up? I think that would be so much harder. Fill the tub up and then get in quickly - all the while uttering some really vile language!

Have you thought of an ice vest? I used to freeze baggies full of water and then put them on my tummy or inside my underwear. Be sure to wear a T-shirt.

17. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yes, for some reason I thought it was easier. Perhaps not :) Ice in the freezer ready to go today and it's set to be SUNNY all day. Which makes it easier...

Kathy1967 and caroline like this.
  18. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

So it turns out we've been sleeping on mouldy mattresses for the last two years without realising :( They've been dumped. Wondering how or if that has affected our health...

Kathy1967 likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

how did you know they were mouldy?

Kathy1967 likes this.
  20. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Visibly when I turned them over! Nasty!!

Kathy1967 likes this.