1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emma's Journal of Amazingness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ScottishEmma, Jun 30, 2017.

1. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Day 4 of cycle

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

how is it going???

3. mmarston

mmarston New Member

Thanks for sharing, Emma! I have these cherry spots too, lots of teeny little ones with a few bigger ones. They're pretty much all over now. I first noticed them during my first pregnancy at 38. They initially cropped up on the inside of my thighs so I've always assumed it was due to my hormones because I was on supplemental progesterone at the time. Now it's making me wonder if all of green smoothies at the time had more to do with them. Also, speaking off odd skin features, as I've gotten older (I'm 46 now) I've been getting lots more 'white' freckles. I have fair, Irish skin with regular brown freckles, but have been wondering if all people with freckles eventually get these small, white confetti spots? Or is just an indication of nutritional defeciencies?

ScottishEmma likes this.
  4. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I've seen a few posts about the white freckles. One very recent if you run a search through you'll find it. I think JK said it was to do with changing microbiome on skin due to more sun.

I definitely think that the increase in iodine of late has contributed and the sun exposure. I'm keeping my eye on them :)

mmarston likes this.
  5. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Started looking at my snps

I saw a post yesterday on the forum about the CBS and JK recommending avoiding sulphur foods. I have 4 CBS homozygous mutations.

Totally fucking confused because that includes the cruciferous which would help my estrogen CYP1B1 mutation.

But I'm going to give it a try.

Started taking DIM with a view to balancing estrogen to do with CYp1B1 and general cycle imbalance. So far I'm feeling a positive impact from it. I know, SUNplements not supplements but still.

Doctor is running more labs after I told him I wasn't happy with just assuming everything is fine because my TSH came back within range - didn't test T3 or T4 because no need apparently. I do have cold extremities and feel cold a lot of the time. Not going to get too hung up on labs.

Generally I'm ok. I'm approaching my Winter in my cycle and I've had a couple of intrusive thoughts but no rage which is good. Day 22 so we shall see. I genuinely feel the DIM has helped me.

I blacked out my room and dropped the use of the eye mask after some great conversations with @Sue-UK The sleep is definitely different - our room was super bright before.

45 DAYS TIL WE MOVE TO SPAIN

caroline likes this.
  6. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

2 weeks until we move to Spain. I'm slightly worried about the RF when we're there as it'll be much more dense population that we're used to and we've got it really good here at our house in terms of no other WIFI signals etc. Hoping the sun negates some of the nnEMF we'll face. I've said to my husband if we get to the apartment and it's seriously bad, we'll just need to move to another house and lose the deposit :)

I'm seriously getting fucked off with the mast situation here. I phoned a house builder to complain about a mast they have right beside apartments they've built. Like, within 8 feet of them. I took my Cornet to the west end of Glasgow, a place I love to hang out and discovered the RF is really high. So disappointed about what's going on.

I've been taking DIM and Calcium Gluconate for about a month now and this is the second cycle where I've come on 24 days i.e. my cycle has shortenend.

Still experiencing mega shitness after ovulation in terms of low mood, motivation and moodiness. I'm sure the hot sun will help.

I've hacked lighting for Spain by attaching filters that block blue on to various torches so I'm comfortable with what we've got out there.

Dropped CT completely and planning on starting in Spain. It's just too fucking cold and I'm already massively feeling the cold post ovulation. I lie in bed with jumpers and blankets and duvet and I'm still Baltic.

All in all, excited to move to amazing weather and food in two weeks :)

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice!

ScottishEmma likes this.
  8. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Caramba!

I'm off to Lanzarote in a-week-and-a-bit for a cheap ten-day blast. Thankfully, Lanzarote is still a bit backward with the old Wi-Fi (at least it was the last time I looked. Yikes!).

Good luck with your move!

If I could live anywhere, It would probably be here....https://duckduckgo.com/?q=naxos+plaka+beach&atb=v61-4&iax=1&ia=images

ScottishEmma likes this.
  9. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yep, looks a lot better than may places. Check out https://wigle.net/ Enjoy! I'm actually learning Spanish and loving it. All my high school French is coming back to me weirdly...

And yeah, Greece is next on my list for a move after Spain :)

Jake Tassell and caroline like this.
  10. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

ScottishEmma and Sheddie like this.
  11. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

My thing is, and has been for a while, "I wanna live at the beach".

My girlfriend (who is French) favours The South of France. I'm more inclined towards Greece, 'cause of the land/sea/sun/sky/people/old skool-ness, and all the obvious things you might think of, but also, personality-wise, I'm a bit of a Zorba. I'm basically a loud peasant who enjoys the company of other loud peasants.

A few years ago whilst on holiday in The Epirus, I hopped over the border to Albania. Wow, that was a revelation. They had no techno whatsoever. No bugger had a cellphone, computer, or anything remotely like that, and, as per Jack's comments re: techno having rendered the Japs neuter, you saw the total other side of that coin: All the women and men there were, like, physically and temperamentally real polar opposites. Soft, dreamy-eyed women with hourglass figures, strapping, muscular, powerful-looking blokes who'd probably never been near a gym in their lives. It was the first thing you noticed, and it was quite startling. Made you think about everything else.

On the other hand, things move so quickly, I'd probably go back there now only to find they've got smart phones coming out of their ears and gender neutral toilets. LOL.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    ScottishEmma and Lahelada like this.
  12. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

*Also, I'm a fool for a bouzouki...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    ScottishEmma likes this.
  13. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I'm totes up for some plate-smashing. Esp around days 19-21 of my cycle... :)

Yeah, I'm totally up for Greece next Summer end. I went a few times with my folks when I was a kid and something really draws me to it...

Sheddie likes this.
  14. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

HAHAHAH.

When it gets to that square on the calendar, my girlfriend usually opts for Queen Victoria Jamaican cigarettes. LOL.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  15. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

hahaha, I had to Google them.

Just realised I keep saying "I'm totally up for..." Weird.

Jake Tassell likes this.
  16. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

That was a reference to that whole 'Queen-Victoria-smoked-marijuana-to-alleviate-her-menstrual-cramps' schtick.

Dunno if that's true or not, but that story was put about a lot by 1960's drug culture proselytisers, for obvious reasons.

Another one was, "Sherlock Holmes smoked opium", but wait a minute - Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character! LOL.

What they never tell you on those 'psychedelic swinging London' TV documentaries they have on BBC4, was how much of a feature opium was on that scene.

I used to know the painter Duggy Fields who was Syd Barrett's flat-mate. He told me that the Barrett-era Floyd weren't into acid, but opium. 'The Piper of The Gate of Dawn' album probably reflects that.

Ripley's believe-it-or-not: Fields also told me that Syd wasn't particularly into drugs, at least no more so than anyone else at the time. That the 'Brylcreem' thing never happened, that he didn't know if Syd had actually ever taken LSD, and that the whole Syd-Barrett-acid-casualty legend was a mountain of apocrypha and gossip set in concrete by those who sought to benefit most from it.

Fields still lives in the 'Madcap Laughs' flat in Earl's Court Square.
    http://atagong.com/iggy/img/StormWatch/TheMadcapLaugs_BC.jpg

It looks a bit smarter now than it did then.

A lot of British psychedelia drew on that whole British Empire drug-culture thing. Laudanum-drenched neo-gothic architecture, etc...

I never take drugs, unless you count ciggies and beer.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  17. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I figured you meant weed :) Definitely helps take the edge off, right?

I certainly had my fair share in my teenage years. Now half a bottle of wine and I'm steamboated :)

I definitely want to know what the 'Brylcream' thing was!

18. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Oh some legendary yarn about Syd on stage being out of his head on acid with a pot of Brylcreem dribbling down his face. LOL.

I mean, I wasn't there, I was at infant school. I can only relay what the Dugster said.

Prior to being told this, I'd also heard similar stuff from another member of that Cambridge circle, along the lines of 'Syd-Barrett-Legend-sob-story-cover-for-Floyd-boardroom-coup'. And then Waters & co spend the next two decades going to the bank making concept albums about The Legend of Syd Barrett. Bizarre. And I met that guy in the middle of a series of strange Syd Barrett coincidences that happened to me whilst reading Julian Palacios 'Lost in The Woods - Syd Barrett & The Pink Floyd'. I remember, I was reading that book on the top deck of a bus about to go over Westminster Bridge, and some guy gets on with a black Fender Telecaster (Syd guitar). Later on that night I was DJ-ing, and talking to a punter up at the decks, I mentioned in passing that I needed a guitar amp, and he says: "I've got one I never use, you can have it if you like". It turns out to be a Selmer Treble 'n' Bass 50 MKII (Syd amp). Then a few days later, I get a call from my agent "We've got a job for you, it's in Cambridge". I went to do the job, the studio complex was like just a few streets away from Syd's mum's house. A short while after that, I went for a casting, and the casting director was called so-and-so 'Barrett', and that sort of stuff just went on and on. It was all very weird with a great big capital W up the front, and a huge ! at the end of it. LOL.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  19. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

So basically Syd Barrett is your spirit animal? ;)

Jake Tassell likes this.
  20. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

HAHAHAH. No not really. Basically, I finished reading the book and all the coincidences stopped.

It was proper bizarre. It was like there was something in the causal part of my head-gear superconducting all this stuff.

Good job I wasn't reading 'The Day The Earth Caught Fire'. LOL.

I'm not that much of a Syd Barrett fan, but he was an interesting figure, very talented, and it's an interesting scenario.

My own subjective take is... It's a fast life. The other Floyds wanted superstardom, sports cars, big houses in the country, trophy women, huge bank balances and coke on tap, and they made the probably correct assessment they weren't going to get it with this guy driving, so Syd's all washed up and out of The Floyd at age 21 and Waters & co. go on to achieve their end.

Life can be cruel. If Dylan, Morrison, or Morrissey (LOL) had written "No Good Trying", it probably would have been taken as proof of genius, instead it's cited as evidence of Barrett's 'clinical psychosis', but I think a less hysterical, more down-to-Earth view is preferable to either of those, i.e. It's a quirky, charismatic young guy, not all that long out of Camberwell Art School who's immersed himself in Hilaire Belloc, Bob Dylan and Arthur Rimbaud, and it's a charming record...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017