1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

EMF playing electric guitar

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Butters, May 21, 2018.

1. Butters

Butters New Member

Hello guys.
    I just wanted to start again with playing guitar with my 28 years. I was on the run to buy an acustic guitar manly do ditch the EMFs I supposed to get from my electric guitar.
    Now I tested this thing with my meter and there was absolutely no EMF coming out of the back where the coils are. Only big magnetic EMF is in Front of the AMP which I can midigate by staying far away.

Is that possible? Or did I measure wrong? Anyone did some readings on electric guitars?

2. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

If the pickups are passive there should be no emfs for the guitar

3. Butters

Butters New Member

What do you mean by passive?

4. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Active pickups have barteries like emg style. Strat style are passive so no electricity is required. Good to see you measured no emf though,

5. Butters

Butters New Member

Ah ok. Thank you very much. I thought I would having a grill party for my sausage when playing.

6. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

What type of amp do you have? Tube or solid state? I assume the tube would have more emf.also I am sure pedal boards have a bunch near the power supply.

7. Butters

Butters New Member

I have a fender frontman 15G but it seems it is not functioning well, so I just use the raw guitar now :D. No emf at all.

8. Butters

Butters New Member

Just wondered why Jack then said, playing electric guitar is so bad. Must be the other EMF environment in which you are usually when playing.

9. OptimalSkr

OptimalSkr New Member

Well at a show with a whole band it probably sucks for emfs. Also most concerts are at night in crazy lighting. And super loud, I always got tinnitus from them so had to stop going.

10. Butters

Butters New Member

Yeah. I will try my way with an acoustic now. Kinda like the vibrations, getting deep inside my body. Feels calm. Lets see what an old man can do.

Edit:
    Its difficult to play in the evening, because of my kid.
    Is there a possibility for playing electric guitar over headphones without much EMF? I know headphones are overkill, but maybe not with every amp or every headphone.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

FWIW I found almost everything more difficult with a young child. If you're just finding guitar practice difficult you're way ahead of where I was.

Be careful Butters. The days are long but the years are short. You'll get tired but you'll blink and have a young adult instead of a child. it will be a good kind of ache but your heart will ache a bit. Buckle up mein Freund.

12. Butters

Butters New Member

Oh. Always a joy to read a comment under my posts :D

To this topic: It should be possible to play with battery powered effect pedals or headphones amps without much EMF.

13. Butters

Butters New Member

I wish to reheat the topic again. Ive been playing acoustic guitar for a while now, but the wish to play some electric guitar again manifests somehow. But this is a topic rarely discussed on the internet. I couldn't find anything substantial on EMFs from electric guitars connected to amps.
    I found some posts in the forum, in which people said they dont play electric guitar anymore but again I found no measurements. I would do measurements by myself but in the moment I own no amp. Buying a guitar and an amp to find out there is too much dirty electricity would be a little too expensive.
    So I try to find a differentiated view on that topic.
    Is anyone here to provide some measurements or talk about different situations (amp on powergrid, amp with battery) and the corresponding EMFs?