1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

EMF in cars....

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Hope, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

Martha Ray likes this.
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Interesting. Anti-lock brakes, even the radial tires?

3. cantweight

cantweight Gold

In 2007 I bought a honda minivan. It was really nice all the bells and whistles. My kids were 7, 5, and 2...it was perfect for us. I told my husband every time I started that car it felt like it was sucking out my soul. We sold it after one year I couldn't take it. I thought it was my ego that didnt want to be a "minivan mom" but I am sure now it was the EMF exposure. I am still happy as a clam in my almost 10 yr old suburban.

4. Martin

Martin Gold

My '98 Dudge Ram truck (gasoline engine) is fairly low-tech, but still got an average of 0.5 gauss reading at my knees with the engine running. But turn on the radio, heater, or wipers - in other words, anything with an electric motor or big magnets(speakers), and it spikes up to over 1.0 gauss.

I'm checking DW's late model car when my RF meter that I rented arrives. NOT going to be pretty, methinks.

BGH

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've got a 2011 Subaru Outback - MT. No bluetooth or WiFi in it. thought it does have seat heaters (which I don't turn on), Radio, Wipers, heated mirrors etc. I haven't been turning on the heater :) CT in the car.

I only drive MT. Find one that's used in good condition is a PITA. took my husband 8 mths to find a used truck w/MT.

I'd be interested in seeing the difference btwn the same vehicle - w/a MT and an AT.

then look at the same vehicle from 1980 w/a MT and one from today w/a MT.

(MT = manual transmission)

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

driving in a car is exactly equivalent to flying in a plane with one major difference........The higher you go up the more EMF you face........but in a car you are far closer to the source of EMF than in a plane........the main worry I have and I spoke about this with Dave Asprey in a recent podcast is the new regulations allowing WiFI and phone use in flight. It creates a giant microwave oven in the air for people using it.........

Louise Roux likes this.
  7. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

My Subaru Forester is a nightmare...five years old. It has clearly been a "soul sucker" as well....I just feel crappy if I drive very much. I try to stay out of the car as much as possible....will be trading it in as soon as possible. We did get a new truck this year that actually feels and tests way better...

8. nicld

nicld Gold

Does anyone know if the car earthing grounding mat would work? I am in my car 2 hours a day.

9. Hope

Hope Gold

Yeah, that totally sucks. I wish they wouldn't do that.

10. Hope

Hope Gold

I have no idea - what would you ground to?? lessemf has some grounding strap but no clue if it's good.

Gretchen - so glad MT is better. That's what I totally prefer and have. Must teach my DH to do it. He has bluetooth in it, and I realized with this that driving in his car tires me out.....I also stopped using the GPS unless I must use it bc of traffic and I'm lost. Makes a difference for sure.

There have got to be more things we can do, just don't know what yet.

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

My DH always says GPS makes people stupid. he's been saying this for YEARS!. we're both fans of using maps. I've got indepth ADC maps of NoVa that I can pull out while in traffic - find where I'm at, and plot an alternate route in less time that it would take my google maps app, or imaps app to figure out where I'm at. I can't wait until the kids are old enough to start using a compass and learning orienteering. I'd love to do geo-cashing with them as well. but I really don't want to use a hand held gps.

Martha Ray likes this.
  12. bacon lover

bacon lover New Member

I read somewhere you can ground while riding in your car by clipping an antistatic wrist strap to the metal frame of your seat. Just like Jack talks about putting your foot on the seat frame in an airplane. I don't know if this works I searched the internet and they called it the tube effect? I put the wrist strap on every time I drive.

Martha Ray likes this.
  13. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think it is a double whammy of EMF and also not using your spatial sense. I know when I take an alternate route it can be a challenge, especially if the sun is behind clouds and the roads are curvy. I feel a real sense of accomplishment if I arrive without taking wrong turns. :)

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I think that's an excellent point Sally!

15. Hope

Hope Gold

Yeah, that's great if you know the area. When I moved to the DC area, I was utterly utterly overwhelmed using maps on my own, from home or whatever. It was far too stressful with all the cars, huge ugly roads and beton everywhere, yuck.....but thankfully, my sense of direction has not suffered like other stuff for living in this area. Now that I know where to go, no problem....anywhere else I have lived before was nothing like this area....and thankfully there are always back roads that the GPS would never send me through either, LOL.

16. Hope

Hope Gold

Wow neat, I will have to try that!! Thanks :)

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you can do this but the amount of EMF present is very close in a car cockpit.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Spatial sense when driving is good thing to have, but to a point.
    In rural area there is no question that it is helpful,
    but in metropolitan areas may not be as useful due to changing traffic conditions.

http://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmtraffic

My subscription to SiriusXM Traffic will expire soon.
    What is your experience with this service?

My daughter and her husband do not care for it, but they have smart phones and are able to get better service with their apps.
    I am newer sure how good is the advice from SiriusXM. (Feels annoying constantly changing roads).
    Today around 6AM I-80 (E-W)was blocked solidly both ways, many people had to reroute via RT46, I-287 (N-S) is always busy.
    Some timely help would have been useful. Static GPS is useless in changing road conditions.

http://www.localconditions.com/weather-parsippany-new-jersey/07054/traffic.php

/////

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

This weekend while traveling in our vehicle I got a headache. I knew it was because of dehydration, because over the holidays I didn't concentrate on drinking enough water. So I drank a bottle of RO water. Sometime later I took of my glasses (no, I was not the driver!) and I found that the headache eased up soon after that. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but next time I get a headache, these eyesight enhancing radio/microwave antennas are outta here!

Tanya likes this.
  20. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

Are there any map devices out there (anymore) that either does not use GPS or has the option to turn off GPS and rely on preloaded maps? I.e. something that can work just like Google maps, you put in your starting and ending addresses and it spits out directions, but not using GPS for real time navigation. I can't find anything.

The wife is threatening to buy a GPS if I don't find an alternative, since she doesn't seem to want to train herself to use traditional maps or cultivate a better sense of direction, at least not anytime soon. *shrug*