1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

EMF/Battery/Inverter question for Mercedes Sprinter Van Conversion

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Tyler Hanson, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm having a 170 Mercedes Sprinter built out and headed south for sun. I was on clubhouse and I heard Jack talking about golf carts and how bad they are for magnetic fields. I went.... fuck! It completely slipped my mind, for some reason I brushed off DC batteries as being harmful. I have a tri meeter I'm going to go measure it with.. but I think I know its going to be bad.

I have 3 100 amp lithium ion batteries right below my head where I sleep in my van (2 feet), and a 1000 watt inverter as well. Is my best bet to line the batteries and inverter with led boxes?

P.S. I am going to be putting a magnetico sleep pad in my setup.....

Will this work or should I burn it down with some gas?

Cheers,

Thank you!

Tyler

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Where is the battery?

3. there are 3 huge lithium batteries placed about 2 feet below where my girlfriend and I sleep..... line with 1/8th led?

thank you very much

4. I believe if you isolate the batteries with a shut off switch and prevent current flow, no fields will be generated. During operation will be different. I would check both states. If the emfe levels while running are not okay with you, there is no reason to pursue it. If you shut off your electric system and use candles or small battery led light. I would be interested to see how much nnemf is generated while at the charging station. I am not afraid of it, but I avoid it while possible and would choose an old ratty chevy van down by the river over a pimpy electric with uncertain of negative health effects. Good luck whatever you do.

5. Here is a 40v cordless blower I'm testing but plan to return to the store.
    IMG_20210428_152041299_HDR.jpg first pic. Powered110v cord without connection.meter next to battery .07 milliguass.
    Charging was at 1.88 milliguass.
    IMG_20210428_152214866_HDR.jpg IMG_20210428_152041299_HDR.jpg IMG_20210428_155656539.jpg H]
    In use was at 392.
    Last pic is a little black light flouresent light. Doesn't put out much light but emf is through the roof.735 mg