1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emerging from Darkness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, May 4, 2018.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I started my new job yesterday, and it was good. Really good.

Since the time changed, especially ~ I was able to sit and enjoy sunrise for awhile while kids were getting ready for school ... and give them hugs and see them off to school.

Then I drove to my new workplace ... a very nice farmhouse, about 20 minutes out *in the country* on 20 acres.

I was promptly greeted by two beautiful Irish setters, who welcomed me fully by washing my glasses for me with their (noses? tongues?) Lol ... I’m not sure, it all happened so quickly.

Perhaps I sound a tad superstitious when I say ~ don’t want to say too much at this point ~ “don’t want to jinx it” ... or perhaps that’s just a sign to you all that I’ve found something that could really, really mean a lot to me.

LieselK, Inger, caroline and 2 others like this.
  2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I have not regretted my decision to quit school -- not at all -- not for a second.

I'm thankful to all who encourage me each day to follow my heart ~ whether it is talking to me directly, or just by sharing your own stories here.

I'm reading books now because I want to, WHEN I want to ... and I've been working my way through one by Gregory Berns called How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain.

This caught my attention because {I have a dog and} the kids and I watched a documentary several years ago, which was excellent -- very thought-provoking -- and I'm pretty sure we didn't even have a dog at the time. I think it was Nova: Dogs Decoded.

All of this to say ~ we've added another member to our family. This is Winnie ~ which means a lot of really cool things, if you look it up, but most importantly: first-born daughter. :love:

IMG_0403.JPG

We picked her up Saturday night, then I had to work on Sunday while she settled in with the rest of the family.

They spent a lot of time outside with her, and got some really good pics and videos.

IMG_0436.jpeg

What does Rocket think? Well ... it's a process. Lol. I think they're going to be good friends.

IMG_0435.jpeg

Phosphene, LieselK and drezy like this.
  3. drezy

drezy New Member

Rocket's face says: "So... When does this other dog go home?"

Jenelle likes this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

:rofl: Yes, I’m sure you’re right.

If you really zoom in and look ~ he also looks EXHAUSTED. “What the hell ... does this thing ever stop moving?!”

drezy likes this.
  5. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

This is my experience here in Florida too. "Why are you HERE?!" They act like it's hell or something... lol This is where I have been placed after being open to the change and I embrace it.

Phosphene, Jenelle and caroline like this.
  6. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

An awesome new job AND a puppy?! All wonderful! In reading through your recent posts I can see your boldness and strength shining through. It's really inspiring!

Jenelle and caroline like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

we all need boldness and strength and joy to move forward ....and follow our intuition and instincts.

We all have so much to look forward to......we are a very lucky bunch of people, but then, we followed our intuition and landed here.

We are all amazing in our own special ways.

Phosphene, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

IMG_0471.jpeg

Winnie had her first snow on Monday ... and I'm here posting about it on Saturday ... Lol. It's been a busy (and awesome) week! :love:

I recently was reminded the hard way not to put all of my eggs in one basket. In this case, it was losing all of the pictures on my phone from the past couple of years. Damn you, phones and technology ... damn you. It was ~ and continues to be ~ a hard lesson, indeed.

So I'm trying to make sure I at least preserve my favorite pictures, in multiple ways now. I even ordered some good-old PRINTS the other day ... it has been *way* too long since I'd done that. And they are incredibly cheap (or even free) if you can find the right deals.

I might even find the time to put them in an album! :thumbsup:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

601778E6-7C9A-4266-BC56-A69CA2590197.jpeg I think this pretty much sums it up. :rofl: :love:

drezy and Phosphene like this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Awwwww... :)

Friendly creatures make everything better. We need them more than ever now to show us the way back.

What the heck are those creatures behind the furry ones? Friendly?

Jenelle likes this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Remember I got a good deal on that new couch? Then we had to cover the whole thing in an assortment of blankets. She likes to chew and scratch. She’s like a kitten at this point. LOL. So that is a guardians of the galaxy blanket. :rofl:

Speaking of guardians of the galaxy, if you haven’t seen the movie, at least listen to the soundtrack. It has some really good ones on there!

12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Emerging From Darkness ... again. 4 months have gone by since I last posted here ~ that's interesting.

I do know exactly what occurred at that time in my life when I stopped posting. @Inger talks about the build-up of trauma, and how it affects us ~ even when we are not aware of it. Even when we refuse to acknowledge it. This is after I recently described on Sean's journal the "dam" I've created in my mind ... holding things back ... holding things back ...

It's a reality that I could die soon. And that's not overly dramatic. Even without this virus circulating ~ it's a reality that all of us - any of us - could die soon. Today, I choose not to - at any point - curl up on my couch in a ball of depression.

I watched 7 minutes of the video the other day - the guy going on and on (and on) about "fuck you" - fuck the virus, fuck this, fuck that, fuck all of it. I really couldn't believe that it went on for another 11 minutes after I stopped watching ... I got the message loud and clear after just a few minutes. Lol. He's so angry. So, so angry. There's an anger in me, yes ~ but there is something else, much larger. Today, I choose to focus on that.

caroline, Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ve been off the forum for a few months as well. Combination of factors but I do still care very much about members of this community.

Been thinking of you and your selfless and now treacherous vocation. I know all about The Dam. Stay safe!

Jenelle likes this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thinking of all of us..... be safe and continue doing what you do best.

Jenelle likes this.
  15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

JanSz likes this.