1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emerging from Darkness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, May 4, 2018.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Are those bushes on your property or just behind it? You should approach the workers sweetly in your kiniki and explain their purpose.

And I get it about the lazy men/teenagers. They would help with “above and beyond” house and yard work only when poked and prodded, vaguely threatened, and sometimes bribed. I’ve completly relinquished my obsession with having a perfect home and yard now. That helps a lot, but your fence is important. Hmmmm...

Another set of panels?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Jenelle likes this.
  2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

:rofl:

THANKS!

3. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yeah, my home is FAR from perfect.

It probably will end up having to be more privacy fence. Because, you know, that’s so much easier and cheaper, right?

4. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

wait... women have testicles too? and why would you put miracle gro on them anway? isn't that for plants or something?

5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Sunset over Lake Erie. This is the best pic I can get for now. :love:

80930FF3-00C8-4326-AAAD-54B0991B043A.jpeg

MITpowered26, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hey, Lake Erie touches part of Pennsylvania. Hola sister!

Beautiful pic.

Jenelle likes this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yes ~ I was thinking of you. Hola!

Also yesterday ... the woman I’m interviewing with moved to my town from Pennsylvania. She said right on the border, like they always went shopping in Maryland. She showed me a fall pic from her hometown (mountains) and it was beautiful.

Yes @drezy since I’m already in the hall of shame for today with my early-morning-still-very-dark posting ... I’m going for #1 trophy by posting after dark, as well. ;)

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

So our trip this weekend was our first Airbnb experience ~ thanks to all who’ve talked about it here.

I think I might be an Airbnb addict now. :)

On Saturday ~ Cedar Point was (possibly?) the most packed it has ever been, due to the killer deal they offered on annual passes for the rest of this season and ALL of next year, as well.

We left our rental house — 5 minutes away from the entrance to CP — and in 1.5 hours, we drove 4 blocks. When my husband finally decided to turn around, park the truck, and WALK IN with the younger kids ... I said, I’ll just stay at the house. The older kids had gotten there earlier in the day & parked, no problem. So they could all ride home together and no one would have to walk home late at night in the dark. But there wasn’t going to be room for me.

BESIDES ... I had enjoyed myself Friday night, when it wasn’t so packed ... and I had NO desire to be in that crowd on Saturday. It got so crazy that they shut down the roads and didn’t allow anyone to enter for several hours. Ridiculous.

9. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

This quiet time alone at the rental house allowed me to accomplish a couple of big things.

1) I found a kick-ass “pool house / guest house” on 25 acres ... not far from our home, where we can have the open house when our son graduates in June.

I messaged back and forth with the lady (on Airbnb, of course) and she is cool with everything I was picturing.

THIS PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL ... and now that stress I’ve had looming in the back of my mind, “where are we going to have it, what are we going to do if it rains” ~ etc etc ~ is GONE.

I was so excited on Sunday morning when I told everyone, I was like a kid at Christmas. Seriously. And ~ this place has a diving board ~ so that’s ALL my husband needs to know about it. Lol.

*We are never going to want to leave.*

2) I really liked the couch at the rental house, so I asked the guy about it. Put together my Big Lots coupons + a good sale going on ... ordered a nice big sectional for less than $600 TOTAL.

This was a much-needed purchase. I won’t bore everyone with the details — the point is — you need to have ROOM for everyone if you actually want your kids & their friends to hang out in the same room with you. Lol.

So my husband and I picked it up last night, and we are rearranging the house to accommodate it. It’s good. Good things are happening. :)

Phosphene likes this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

We used to own some Cedar Point stock—probably should’ve held onto it. People will jut want to be more and more amused as we march in our current direction. (Though I do love a good roller coaster.)

So you had a day all alone in someone else’s clean house??? Bliss right?

Jenelle likes this.
  11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Posted too soon! Of course it was bliss...:)

We still have the same forest green leather sofa, loveseat, chair, ottoman set for the past 20 years. Getting time for something new but why? They’re still fine—just rough around the edges.

Hubs likes to remind me that it’s a LOVEseat. :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Jenelle likes this.
  12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

@Phosphene :rofl: yes it was good to have the time alone ... in a clean, uncluttered space, where I didn't have a million things staring at me that needed to be done.

But it was WEIRD ~ not even having the dog with me. We ended up (after renting a pet-friendly house on airbnb, lol) leaving him at home w/ middle son who hates scary things AND roller coasters ... middle son stayed the night with the neighbors across the street, but was able to go back and forth and take care of the dog.

It was weird.

And I really would have liked to go to the beach and watch the sunset and get pics ~ but I didn't want to go alone in a huge truck, on tiny streets, in a place I'm not familiar with. Besides -- the traffic. Did I mention the traffic?

I didn't ride any of the roller coasters on Friday night when I was there. I think I must have gotten that all out of my system when I was younger. I was really content just to be along, take pics of the kids ... watch the people ... and I got that ONE nice sunset picture.

Watching the people was, you know, actually sort of depressing. LOTS of alcohol going on at Halloweekends ... fine and dandy ... but there was clearly some who did not know when to stop. And who takes a newborn? I mean, seriously! It was freaking COLD.

13. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Traffic vaccination of choice for me right now: good music and podcasts

14. After being away from the forum for a week reading this hit me at a perfect time. "Life" like you having the opportunity to greet your kids after school, is more "life" than rushing around all day long and not having enough time to enjoy the extra money anyway. Live on, sister!

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  15. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

You are absolutely right. See, I knew people here would truly understand ... at a deeper level. Thank you.

Have a wonderful day! :)

Phosphene and Christine_L like this.
  16. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

This whole 5G thing reminds me of the lotus flower scene from Percy Jackson.

It’s a fun scene ... but eventually, Percy’s father (Poseidon) tells him to WAKE UP ... and they gtfo.

A whole lot of time was wasted, though ~ and they were on a time-sensitive mission.

Phosphene and MITpowered26 like this.
  17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Just got the official email HIRING me for the new position I'd posted about.

Wow
    ... I'm so grateful and excited for this opportunity. It feels like a good fit. :thumbsup:

18. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Deets sista, deets!

Jenelle likes this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

LOL. I’ll be back. Before sunset. ;)

20. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Ok ~ I might have to post my deets in chunks. Because, kids. :) And I think a lot about what I want to say.

First off — after applying, I was told to send a “short statement” about why I would be the “perfect” one for the job.

Well. I sent back a LONG statement — with bullet points — and told her {paraphrased, but close} “I cannot tell you that I am the perfect candidate for the position. And I’m not going to regurgitate the information that is already on my resume. But what I do want to tell you is this:”

And it took me a long time. Lol. Because I had done my research about her company before applying ... and because I put a lot of thought into my words. Especially when it’s something that is important to me, or something I am passionate about.

Well. She loved it.

She told me she was “blown away” ... and that everyone else was responding with buzz words, like “detail-oriented” etc. She said, “it was just so BOLD and like, out there!”

And that is because I am authentic. I am me, through and through ... take it or leave it, love me or leave me ... I cannot STAND fake, and I cannot pretend to be someone I’m not.