1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emerging from Darkness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, May 4, 2018.

1. Also.... the Red Nose thing......... Everyone is always commenting on it, but one thing I did which really helped it - throw away my Samsung Smartphone...... the up close blue light was the villain!

Phosphene, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

It's so bad ~ but it's so good! :rofl:

Man... you are welcome in Indiana USA anytime. And I am not even kidding. My husband would be like, "Oh, ok, it's the dude from London. Cool."

I definitely recommend a summer visit ~ because, in case you missed it, the winters here SUCK! Haha.

I don't know if I qualify as a Black Swan ~ but we do try. Daily. Thank you.

Phosphene likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

My one little is 14.

Yeah, you go from:
    "Oh,man he didn't take a dump(or nap) today"
    to
    "Alrighty, guess he doesn't need any help with homework or projects..."

Alex97232, Jenelle and Phosphene like this.
  4. Or is it just bad? Honestly, so torn.

Hahahaha does he know everything about me?....... sometimes I forget, when posting on a journal, how public it is.... so many people watch but never comment. I wonder all the people who know our shit, stuff that we don't even remember we've written LOL.

Thank you for the offer - once I get to myself set up in the Caribbean - I want to travel the US, so I'll take you up on it - definitely be making stops to visit all the mitochondriacs....

Jenelle and Phosphene like this.
  5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

You’re of course welcome to visit good ole central PA as well. May-October only!

Better yet maybe you’ll be in the Caribbean by then and can pop on over to Mexico while a bunch of us are there. (Then I wouldn’t have to worry about how non-mito friendly parts of my slightly-too-big house still are.) :rolleyes::whistle:

That song is cringe-worthy but I can see how it grows on you like a fungus. I had my hair like that chick on the right for awhile too.

63EA6CC7-3F45-4501-B235-4E4E7C289E2F.jpeg

Sean Waters, Jenelle and drezy like this.
  6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Haha, NO ... he has spent zero time here on these forums. Guaranteed. :rofl:

I talked to him about you a little bit last summer when we were conversing. I helped you, and you helped me, and it gave me the feel goods ~ so I shared it with him.

And I shared it with the whole family when I was literally lmao about your mom saying "You and JK can fuck off out of my house!" (or something similar) because I'm sure there have been times when they (the kids anyway) have thought the same thing! :rofl:

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Just wait until the day you go to take his car to get worked on, and you happen to find a box of condoms in his console ~ just out in the open, right on top.

It may not hit you like it did my husband... but it hit him. Not so much the confirmation that he's having sex... More like, "holy shit, my kid's grown up and making his own decisions". It was a defining moment.

It didn't really have an effect on me. I know that I've talked to him openly over the years about ALL of the realities of that choice ... and I know he's got his head on about as straight as I could possibly hope for.

He also knows (because I've made it quite clear due to situations with other members in our family) that I will not be raising my grandkids for them. You decide to grow up, you decide to grow up all the way!

8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

@Phosphene I could totally dig up a picture of myself with hair like that! :rofl: It was 6th & maybe part of 7th grade for me.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  9. @Phosphene ah yes... a JK event would be epic, but I also think visiting your homes would be amazing... you know, just to see how you all cope with people who say things like "take JK and GTFO my house" LOL... @Jenelle glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. Nah but seriously, I'll visit you all - need to go do CT @drezy place too and get chauffeured round Cowboy Country... maybe I'll meet Doug and see if he likes his own song?

Phosphene, drezy and Jenelle like this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

IMG_7838.JPG
    Lake Michigan with my boys. Finally. Only took 18 years!

I spent a lot of time on these beaches with another family while I was in high school. That friendship had a falling out many years ago and I haven't talked to her in a long time. But I was thinking of them last night, and sure thankful for all of those experiences.

11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

12. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

So I don't gunk up other people's journals with my own stuff... an update.

Worked 2 jobs for about 6 weeks ~ you know, just to see if I could kill myself, I guess. Lol.

Actually ... I realized that the first place I was at really just was NOT a good fit for me. My 12-hour days were consistently turning into 15- or 16-hour days. So I started at another facility, working PRN at both of them. It didn't take long before I decided to let the first one go.

I do miss the people. I liked and respected so many of my coworkers. I loved taking care of the residents. They become like family. But ultimately, it was dragging me down to a place I did not want to be.

My new job is an hour drive each way, but it is worth it. Shifts are 8 hours and most days, you actually get to leave on time. The pace is not 100 MPH all day every day ~ and when I leave there, I can actually think about other things besides work.

I didn't realize how very stressed I was at the first job until I really got away from it.

---

So I've been hammering away at my BSN online. Loving this self-paced program. But I had to come and share with you guys -- my first roadblock:

BIOCHEMISTRY.

I just did my pre-assessment, and it's the first one I haven't passed with flying colors. That's okay -- it doesn't count for a score or anything. But it gives you an idea of where to focus your studies.

DNA and RNA ... that's where I go first. My lowest score.

"DNA Inheritance and Genetic Testing"

"Nucleotides and Central Dogma" <-- (I don't even know what that means)

"DNA Mutation and Repair"

I'll be using resources like Khan Academy and whatever else I can find that will help all of this be interesting and "click" with me. @drezy if you and @Sean Waters want to dress up and make a fun music video or something ... I'm game. :rofl:

14. Hahahahha... I've just quit my Nutritional therapy/ Biochemistry diploma, so I probably ain't the best guy to go to....

Unless, they got any modules on Quantum Bi-.......... nevermind :)

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.