1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emerging from Darkness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, May 4, 2018.

1. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Nope. Brad Pitt was back in the building playing games with his many children ~ unaware that some creepy weirdo was ready to drive off with his wife. ;)

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  2. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

We were greeted back home with what I've decided is one last snow ~ right before April arrives.

It's been slowly melting off all day... and I am so GLADLY saying goodbye to it!

IMG_7557.JPG.jpeg

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’ve somehow managed to avoid this unholy entity called Dave and Busters, but it sounds just like Chuck E. Cheese. Remember that hellishness? Has it been banished to darkness or just reincarnated into D and B?

I recall a few horrid birthday parties I attended, huddled in a corner with (if memory serves) a watery beer and cardboard pizza while the kids bounced off the walls. And the bells and buzzers and lights!!! :alien::eek::shit:

Somehow I survived, but never again. I’ve even sworn off Disney World and potential future grandkids’ pleas shall go unheeded and countered with nature.

Jenelle likes this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Good old CEC is still around. Yes, it's like that, but with way better food and a full bar of drinks to choose from. :rolleyes:

...oh, and I didn't see a guy in a mouse suit... but maybe I just didn't stay long enough.

5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

The sun is shining on my face and arms today ~ 64 degrees here ~ and I feel like an animal coming out of hibernation.

Finally.

Sean Waters, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Pro tip:

If you look down at your arm and realize that a power line is casting a shadow on it ... you might be sunning in the wrong spot.

:thumbsup:

Sean Waters likes this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

IMG_7580.JPG

Two girls stare at a cell phone together, while one guy stands there ~ awkwardly excluded. Man, if this doesn't convince my son to go to school there ... I don't know what will! o_O

Sean Waters likes this.
  8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Good signs in my world:

Today we bought a picnic table and a lawnmower.

And I actually had a patient ask me, "Jenelle. Why is your nose always red like Rudolph?" :rofl:

9. drezy

drezy Gold

Well.... look who just blew in with the wind!

Yeah, @Jenelle the first 2 months of strong UV tend to leave my nose reddish for a while. You are not alone.

Sean Waters and Jenelle like this.
  10. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Yeah, my sister-in-law commented on how tanned I was and it took me a bit by surprise. I guess I really have been harvesting the meager UV2-4 over the past few months, finally now into 7-9. Too bad the color is still mainly on the front. Working on it!

11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I'm push-mowing the yard for the first time this season ... and man, I feel so ALIVE!

It's not even sunny ... the rain is rolling in. Still, I feel so good just to be out ~ with a tank top on.

I love mowing. It's one of my favorite things ever. :rofl: Really gives me time to think. And just enjoy nature.

Sean Waters, caroline and drezy like this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Wow! Just a tank top on?

I never tried that bio hack. Very creative Jenelle!

Sean Waters, caroline and Jenelle like this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

The neighbors might be offended ~ but I don't care! :rofl:

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Summer is finally getting into full swing ~ nature is awake and alive all around us.

I've got a nest of baby birds on my back patio (on top of the meter again... poor birds!)

Uncovered a toad from his hiding spot while I was ripping old carpet out of the sunroom today.

Found an inchworm on my coffee cup. My husband made the kids laugh when he said the worm was trying to drink the coffee: "Screw this! I want to be a footworm, not an inchworm!" :rofl: (Maybe you had to be there.... or maybe you can picture my whole family actually outside, barefoot, together, in the grass, in the sunshine, laughing... and it's enough to make you smile, too.)

I am blessed to live somewhere where we have large, old, mature trees throughout our neighborhood... I'm blessed with good neighbors. Squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, and sometimes deer.

But it's times like these -- when I am truly awake, feeling my best, and taking it all in... when it really, really hits me how long and depressing the winter months are for all of us. I told my husband today while we were out on our walk, living here is literally taking years off our lives. And he agrees.

We are finally in a position where I feel like we have a choice. For now, for this moment, we choose to stay here and continue to work toward a new plan, a new location.

We are crammed in this house like a can of sardines -- but I will NOT buy another house here. I just keep playing the song over and over in my head, "Love grows best in little houses... with few walls to separate... where you eat and sleep so close together, you can't help but communicate... oh, and if we had more room between us, think of all we'd miss... love grows best in houses just like this."

Thanks, Doug Stone!

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

lovely thoughts ....smart too!

drezy and Jenelle like this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

It's great to hear from you.

I had to dig my cowboy boots out of the back of the closet to listen properly to that song.

I agree. I've had old coworker buy McMansions more than double the size of my home. I think little homes are great because
    1. You are nearer to each other. Kids are going to grow up and leave so fast our heads will spin.
    2. If the house is too big and comfy you'll spend too much time in it and having to clean it... Get outside! All money spent on my property now is spent improving my outdoor setup.

17. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Yes.

My big project yesterday was cleaning out the sunroom/dog room, ripping out the carpet so it's just a concrete floor now. We leave the outside door propped open all the time so he can go in and out (we just have to let him out the sliding door to the house). So the carpet was wet and nasty. Plus, one corner is leaking.

I started out the day telling my husband we were NOT going to put a single dime in this sunroom -- because eventually, I was picturing tearing it down / letting it fall down (lol) and then just having more patio there.

BUT after getting all of our stupid miscellaneous shit out of it (which is now stacked up in the garage, and I have to sort through) ... making it into a useable space, with just a table and chairs in there -- it came in handy yesterday and this morning during the rain, for sure. I can still have all of the windows and the door open, and be outside without being outside.

Which is great, because, in other news -- I started my BSN degree online. It's a self-paced program that you can sort of fly through if you already have prior knowledge of a subject, or slow down and take more time on the ones you don't. I love it so far. Now that I have my picnic table on my patio, and my sunroom all set up for studying -- no reason I have to be stuck inside my little house this summer. Even though, you know, love grows best there. Lol. ;)

18. @Jenelle LOL.... Cant decide if I absolutely love or absolutely despise that song

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

LOL @Sean Waters ... thanks for stopping in. I'm sorry if now it is stuck in your head, too! :rofl:

Thankfully, I love the song. Because I'd say I think of it at least daily. It holds a lot of meaning for me.

We've had our fair share of life throwing surprises at us -- but I'm feeling very grateful for where we are and what we have right now. And that is a beautiful place to be.

Our oldest turns 18 in a couple of weeks. In August, we'll celebrate being married for 20 years.

We are at that stage of the game where, as @drezy said, we can see the kids moving on and making their own lives. And it's okay. We've stayed strong and best friends through it all. It's exciting, in a way ~ picturing that next chapter together. When you're in the middle of raising 3 littles... you can't picture that AT ALL. Lol.

JK and being a part of this forum has helped me stay focused and appreciate the things that really matter in life. Thank you all for being here. :)

20. @Jenelle no problem. Thank YOU for being here.

20 years of marriage and 3 kids is just insane. And doing it Black Swan style? Unreal achievement. Congratulations man.

That song is really bad though.......... but so good as well.

When are we all going to meet up?........

Phosphene, drezy and Jenelle like this.