1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Emerging from Darkness

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Jenelle, May 4, 2018.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great update Jenelle..........congratulations on choosing wisely - at least for now!

Life is a moveable feast .....who knows what/who will present itself to you......I so so glad you are open to all possibilities on this wonderful quantum journey of entanglement.

Sending you a huge hug X

Jenelle likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy Gold

Well now there's maybe one reason to look forward to getting older!

Nurse Jenelle, when I get there please slip the following into my file:

"Drezy's temperature is only available under his tongue"

Do that and I'll be your best behaved patient.

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Congrats Jenelle! I’ll bet you’ll be a ray of sunshine in that place.

One of these days I’ll get talking about this vision I have of a quantum “retirement community” somewhere. Still incubating...

Jenelle likes this.
  4. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks for your comments and good wishes! I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner.

The new job is going well. It's just a big adjustment, taking up a lot of my time for now. Since I'm still training, I think I'm probably working more than they will actually need me when I'm on my own. We'll see.

I got my first paycheck... I quit working to be home with the kids in November 2000 -- so I can't really explain how freaking cool that was. Lol. All of this hard work I've done over the past two years, finally paying off. And not just in monetary form. I love my job. It's rewarding far beyond the paycheck. I could write stories all day.

And @Phosphene you are so not alone in those visions. You can bet I have pictured it, as well.

caroline and Phosphene like this.
  5. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

In other good news ~ our 4 privacy fence panels we quite unprofessionally installed over the summer held up to 65 MPH winds that came through here a couple of days ago. :thumbsup:

Our neighbors on the other side (who have been here for our entire 15+ years) are moving ... soon. I'll be purchasing panels for the other side of my sunning area now, and those suckers are going up as soon as the ground is soft & weather good enough to do it. Hopefully before new neighbors move in.

This will allow me and my Kiniki a lot more roaming room. I haven't decided if I will put panels across the back and do the whole area yet. There's a duplex quite close behind us, but we have a row of huge overgrown bushes that provide "mostly privacy". That may not be good enough for me anymore.

Phosphene, caroline and drezy like this.
  6. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Jenelle and caroline like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

WARNING I love that tub, but DO take a measuring tape with you.

It turns out the manufacturer, in order to maximize shipping/packing varies the length of this tub pretty wildly. My buddy got one that measured 4'11". We checked and it did indeed have the same product number. He went and exchanged it, but that's a little bit of a hassle. Just meausure them before you buy.

That's a great gift. Mine gets used 3 times a week by 3 people almost every week.

8. drezy

drezy Gold

Oh right and Happy Birthday Jenelle!

Jenelle likes this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Duly noted. I realized that with some strategic positioning this can act as a bit of privacy barricade as well. Duh.

drezy likes this.
  10. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

How very nice of you to notice, and stop in here with birthday wishes. Thank you, @Phosphene and @drezy!

Enjoy your new tub. That's awesome! :)

It was the big 4-0. And it was a good day.

My husband and I both had the day off, which is rare. We went to the grocery store together. Lol. Kids had activities in the evening after school, as usual. No gifts and no big plans. But I'm in a good place in life, and I'm so thankful to be here ~ so that's plenty.

caroline, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Belated Happy Birthday Jennelle x

Jenelle likes this.
  12. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Happy birthday. My brother and uncle get it a few days late too sometimes so don’t hold it against me. ;)

Jenelle likes this.
  13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to say that ~ and sorry that, yes, I am posting late at night. Just this one time. ;)

I wanted to say 3 words: Dave and Buster's.

That's it.

Good Lord. We're on our way back home from seeing my husband's family for the first time in 3 years. It's been raining ALL day, so we decided to check this place out in Kansas City. Now I'm in the truck with the dog, waiting for the rest of my family to come out of the building.

Please... just come out of the building. Lol.

What strikes me most is that there are so many families in there with small children. It's loud, it's bright, and it's non-stop video games. For us ~ I'd say this is a one-time thing. But how many come here regularly? Geez.

14. Mike David

Sensory overload? The more time I spend in nature and being in tune with all the little different sounds the less I can put up with that crap

Phosphene and Jenelle like this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Why not go in and drink their 40 oz Long Island Ice Tea that even makes Big Gulps look small?

Jenelle and Mike David like this.
  16. Mike David

Does that help with the eye twitching and the head squeezing effect

Jenelle likes this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

Temporarily. The next morning it comes back 5x stronger. It also becomes impossible to sort out whether it's the sugar shock or the alcohol.

It's a brilliantly devious business plan to set kids loose, get mom and dad drunk, inevitably mom and dad will loose logic by the time kids come back and ask to double down on the money spent. All the while blue lights flash and blink away.

I stand in awe. It's like someone thought "Let's drop this MkUltra and set this up over here!"

Jenelle and Mike David like this.
  18. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Lol... I drank club soda and silver tequila to help mute the effect. Apparently between that and the sensory overload, by the time I decided to go wait in the truck ~ I'd forgotten what city I was even in. :rofl: It was St. Louis ... not KC ... not that it matters ... it's all over now, and I can't say I'll be going back.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  19. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

At least I didn't forget WHO I was.

Some guy pulled up as soon as I stepped outside, rolled down his window and said, "You want to drive?"

I'm like: "What?"

He says, "Are you Elizabeth?"

Ummm... no. No I am not. :rofl:

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

What I learned from that story is that it wasn't Brad Pitt that pulled up...

Jenelle likes this.