1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Email letter from Coreena to MrPinkies....

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by MrPinkies, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

I've decided to post this for her... I've decided to post it mainly because some of the things she has been though and tired, I have not dealt with.... the email reads:

Kate,

I am pretty new to Jack Kruse's website, but the ideas presented make a lot of sense. My husband started on his journey two weeks ago and I will start mine very soon. Our son is 3 1/2 and although a formal diagnosis is yet to be made (in Arkansas, it takes FOREVER!), we know he is moderately autistic. Last April we did tons of research and immediately changed our diet to GAPS and found a natural doctor. We also cleaned up our environment, but did not have all the information we have now. Fast forward 9 months and many testing and tweaks in diet and doctors....and we have transitioned to a SCD/paleo rotation diet (due to some food sensitivities - no sugar, no gluten, no grains, no starches, no nightshades, no nuts, no dairy except for camel milk). He takes a handful of supplements, nothing crazy... Probiotics, Zinc, B12, B6, B1, Methylfolate, D3 and Magnesium Citrate. We changed lightbulbs, limit tv to only a bit in the morning, try to get him outside every day. We haven't had wifi for over a year and we always put our phones on airplane mode if he is around. I still have a laptop, but I only use it when he is napping, and it's also only connected to the internet when it's connected to my phone (wired to USB hotspot on my phone). He has been drinking spring water since April and has never had fluoride toothpaste. There are a couple things in his environment I don't know how to change except to move, which just isn't an option right now. We live less than a mile away from a small airport, and there is a meter on our house (not officially a "smart meter", but its cousin). He also has a video monitor in his room, the opposite side of the room from where he sleeps. He can't open doors and he still doesn't tell us if he doesn't feel well or something is wrong, so we feel it is necessary.

After more research this last December, we decided to try Houston Homeopathy for 6 months. The first thing they addressed was parasites with Diotomaceous Earth. We use it 3 weeks on and during the full moon and one week off. They also put him on organic sulfur crystals to increase glutathione and many other functions, Lugol's iodine (topically), and Saccharomyces boulardii, He takes a few different homeopathic droppers of organ/detox support and and some pellets to help with candida, metals, and other insults specific to his history. I also started giving him a pinch of activated charcoal every night to absorb toxins from die-off. And we changed more lightbulbs. His sleep has greatly improved in the last two weeks. It's hard to know exactly what is having the most impact, or if it is all helping at the same time.

Every month since last April, and with every tweak, we have seen mostly gains (a few setbacks interspersed) in all aspects of his development. I feel like we are on the right track. I'm curious to know what/how much protein you fed your kids when starting them on Jack's protocol. Right now, my son has his homeopathic rememdies first thing in the morning, then his sulfur in some watered down cherry juice (its very bitter), and then he will have protein/fat and usually a piece of fruit, and his camel milk with his supplements. Lunch is protein/fat/veggies and another piece of fruit. He has a snack of avocado or fruit after his nap and then dinner is protein/fat/veggies and a piece of fruit for dessert. He has some more milk before bed. We've cut out so many foods due to sensitivity that his diet does not have much variety. He eats Wild Fish, Grass Fed Beef/Butter, Pastured Pork/Bacon, Pastured Chicken, Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, Lettuce, Onion, Fennel, Garlic, Butternut Squash, Avocado, Bananas, Apples, Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, SCD-Legal Mustard. We occasionally give him blueberries or pineapple when we can find them. This diet comes from the information we have about SCD, his own food sensitivities, and low-oxalate diet. His food sensitives are the only thing that may change in the next few months and I'm hoping we can start adding in more foods back to his diet. His two biggest sensitivies when he was tested were Coconut,Eggs, and nuts, so we don't plan on adding those back in for awhile.

He weighs 40 pounds and is 3'2" tall. I'm not exactly sure how to figure out the ratios for his protein needs. Any insight you can give me is very much appreciated! I'm also curious about your son's diet and how that works when he goes to school. I am so happy for your family!!! Sorry for the long email...

Thanks,
    Coreena

2. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Hi Coreena!!!!

Thank you soo much for your email! :)

I have a LOT to tell you! I will address as much as I can over the next day or so.. There are some parts of your story that I haven't heard of or dealt with, but, what I can tell you is that I have an idea of where you should go and or be adding to what you are already doing.. I have to say that you are off to a GREAT start!

I'll start with the easy one... the school... I'm in Michigan, so, I know Michigan laws fairly well.. I'm not sure if what I am about to tell you is going to work in Arkansas or not, but, it is worth the effort.. Your letter to the school should say something along these lines (this is the actual letter I sent to my kids school):
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RE: kiddos full name, DOB --/--/----
    Today's Date
    To whom it may concern:

Ryan has been placed on the Ketogenic version of the Paleolithic Diet to help the symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism, and hyperactivity. He is not allow to have: grains- including corn, legumes- including soy and peanut, dairy (dairy does have a few exceptions, but better safe than sorry), or anything derived from these ingredients (such as corn syrup, corn starch, popcorn, etc. to name a few), in addition to, any and all additives and or any type of food coloring. This is a high fat, moderate protein, very low carbohydrate diet that is monitored by his physician.

I, Katherine Towler, give permission for all faculty and staff members to be advised of Ryan's food sensitivities. The only food and/or beverages he can have must come from my home and sent into school with him. I will also send in spring water to limit my son's fluoride exposure as fluoride has been classified as a neuro-toxin. If I know in advance, I usually can send in the equivalent (such as ice cream, cookies, pizza, etc) that are made from ingredients that he can have.

Sincerely,
    Katherine Towler
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few things about this note:
    1. must state type of diet, reason for special diet, and what the rules are... this is as close as you are going to get to get the school to play nice with you...
    2. must say "monitored by his physician"
    3. must give permission to advise all faculty and staff
    4. ALL food and drink must come from home
    5. must make an effort to help ease the thing about "mom, why can't I have what the others are having" thing... which again... is to get the school to play nice with you... I do make pizza and cookies when appropriate... but also PLEASE make the effort to take the time and teach your kid (even if you don't think they get it or understand it) that this helps them learn, grow, and how to be healthy... this is healthy for our bodies kind of thing... we want to be healthy and strong... My son couldn't communicate for a very very very long time.. but he sure as hell understood that his tummy felt better when we switched over to Jacks stuff...

Jack is one crazy mother fucker... he is against the grain and completely out there... and sometimes an asshole with the upmost love, but, at the same time, he will give you where to look or what to read... but I thank God that I met him... I would not be where I am today.. my son would not be where he is today.. my daughter.. my husband... Please understand things take time (starting year 5 for us)... Our kids have different gaps in skills, or if there is something I don't know, etc, so, somethings I will have you ask on the forum.. The forum here on the JK website is AMAZING... You will get answers, including from Jack... and that I TRULY believe that if effort is made, life will get better... not cured... but better.... greatly, amazingly improved better.... life is fun and full of happiness improved...

More tomorrow...

G'nite!
    ~Kate

fitness@home likes this.
  3. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

4. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

ok.. so... Our stories kind of are different.. my son is tall and very very very very skinny... We just got him up to the 3rd percentile for weight.. and we were up to the 5th percentile for weight for a while, but, we struggle to stay there.. Either way, the goal is to get our kiddos brain to have more overall energy because Autism, in very simple terms, is an energy shortage in the brain... If we were to talk different ways to get energy from our food, the two main options are: carb and fat. Fat overall wins hands down... Fat takes longer to break down in the GI track than a carb, but overall produces more energy.. VS Carb is an instant energy that doesn't last... You want to switch over from being a carb burner to a fat burner... We saw HUGE changes with this... Ditch as much as possible, if not all, of what I call "counted carbs"- fruit, starch type veggies, any kind of sweetener, anything touched by a human or factory... The only carbs I do NOT count are ones that are green- brussel sprouts, spinach, kale, seaweed, broccoli, cabbage, etc etc etc etc.... We started out with 15g of carbs per day... because of his weight issues, we up'ed it to 25- 30g per day... Carbs that you count are to be at lunchtime only. So... if you are going to eat fruit, do it at lunch time... and whatever you do, do NOT eat the counted carbs at dinner... Eat as much seafood as possible... Eat as much fat as possible- any animal fat (the favorite around here is bacon and we save the bacon fat to cook with later), macadamia nuts, coconut oil, avocado and olive oils... Let me know if you need recipes...

Straight up, I am not a fan of supplements, period. You should be able to get all the vitamins and nutrients from the food that you eat and more importantly, from the sun through your eyes and skin... Humans FUCK things up... especially when it comes to supplements... Just don't.... it's REALLY not worth it...

Last thing about food... TIMING is EVERYTHING.... no snacking... follow Leptin RX very very strictly. There is no cheating or deviating from this.

Another way to get energy is from the earth.. Kruse talks about the three legged stool- water, light, magnetism. Spend as much time in the sun (preferably sun rise or sun set), with as little clothing as possible (especially no socks or shoes), outside in the grass... no glasses/contacts in/sunglasses/hats.... do NOT put sunscreen on.. you want to soak up as much vitamin D as possible and have skin on earth as much as possible... kids and I love to lay in the grass and look at the clouds... even in the snow...

Also... buy one of these:
    These are frickin' expensive, but, I would pay it million times over..... we started with the booster pad... we will soon be upgrading to the super sleep system...
    http://magneticosleep.com/
    Also, make sure you get a mattress that is less than 7"... We bought a 4" mattress for our kiddos from IKEA...
    Once you do this, no more playing in the bedroom... you do not want your kid to be playing in the negative field.

5. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Next... on the list of things to do.... you need to go take/buy Jack's EMF bootcamp....

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Awesome, starfish Kate!

MrPinkies likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The environmental hack is big. They need to control electric flow in house at night as step one. Then get a trip meter and walk the neighborhood and check his school and family cars etc out........find out where the field effect lurks and avoid them. If the field is overwhelming moving moves to the top of the list.

MrPinkies likes this.
  8. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Before you say that moving is not an option Coreena... Chris and I did it... we walked from our home (went through bankruptcy to do so), moved into a tiny apartment that had somewhat ok EMF readings... moved into a slightly bigger than the apartment town home a year later with better EMF readings.. and finally after waiting three years required from loan people we bought a house with extremely low EMF readings.... Yes, we took meters into every house we went to... charted EMF readings.... went to the near by schools and charted their EMF readings... Our realtor thought we were beyond the normal thresh hold of craziness... I think we checked out over 30 homes and bought the best one possible... After we bought it, we made a check list of things we wanted to do... so.. is our home perfect? nope... but it damn will be once we are done with it!!!!!

Get rid of the monitor... I know you feel nervous about this, but, the EMF is not worth it... your inner mom instincts will kick in... you will know when something is terribly wrong...

These suggestions about EMF is not just for him... they are for YOU too.... EMF is not something to mess with.. and while you can't see it or feel it.. it is there... It is such a HUGE topic.. which is why I suggest buying the EMF bootcamp because I thought it was well rounded and gave a lot of information that will give you the ideas of what needs to be done... I don't live with you, met you, or know everything that is going on in your home... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy the EMF bootcamp...

9. Coreena

Coreena Guest

Kate,

Thanks for all the info. It's taken me a bit to get through it and I'm still not done with the video, but I'll get there. Yesterday we hardwired ethernet back into the house and got a landline. So that was the first big step for getting rid of EMF. Now I will buy a camera with an ethernet connection to replace his video monitor. I will look into Jack's Bootcamp, since our electrical environment is something we haven't really addressed before now.

Most of the questions I have are still about the diet. My son has texture issues and so he spits out scallops, shrimp, anything with that "springy" texture. Same with oysters. He loves fish, but I don't want to make him so much fish that he starts to hate fish. I expect that his tastes will gradually change, but I do expect a battle at the beginning of this. So when you FIRST STARTED giving your kids more seafood and less fruit, what were your strategies? I am a strong willed person so I have no problem waiting him out, but I would like this transition to be as painless as possible. Also, just from a practical standpoint, can you list a few breakfasts/lunch/dinner menus that you started them with? Also, how long did it take to do the leptin reset and what are their meals like now?

I've got more questions, but I'll leave you with those for now. Thanks!

Coreena

MrPinkies likes this.
  10. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Just know that to battle Autism, food is a very very very small piece compared to the EMF and environment stuff.... Once you deal with the EMF and environment stuff, sensory issues and repetitive behaviors will disappear...

We have a eat or starve approach.. so.. not gonna lie.. we went days if not weeks of eating very very little... they eventually did get hungry... We made sure they drank LOTS of water... you don't have to have seafood for every meal.. and can gradually add it in... I'm not a huge fan myself, but, I try to get it at least few times a week... On the flip side, you do have to care about where your food comes from... we do a LOT of grassfed beef, etc... chicken- organic and free range... so on and so forth... the point is DHA that is not in pill or bottle form, but, from natural sources like fish...

We did cold turkey approach with this... and there are pros and cons to it... but.. one thing I can tell you is that it did not take long for the kiddos, especially Ryan, to figure out what we were doing and why... even though he had 10 words to his vocabulary.. he knew... and then he refused the foods that didn't make him feel well... and then several months down the road, he tested the waters and broke out in hives.. and never again has he tried since....

11. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

Today's food:

Breakfast- eggs, sausage, bacon, brussel sprouts
    Lunch- tuna, salad (all green things possible- cabbage, spinach, different types of chard), bacon, nuts, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil
    Dinner- grass fed roast beef- roast beef, cabbage, carrots, onions, garlic, tumeric

For me, I use myfitnesspal.com.. and when I looked... goals were set at: 5% carbs, 50% fat, 45% protein.. but.. just know that the carbs are higher once you add back in the green veggies.....

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  12. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

break out the good ole crock pot... put everything in it right before you go to bed... and then you have food for the entire day the next day! <--- literally how we started out.. :)

a MAJOR rule for our house is... if you want it.. great.. make it from scratch... and NEVER EVER buy anything that has touched a factory... exception: mustard... catch my drift? ;)

Starfish Prime, nicld and caroline like this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

Awesome :) :) :)

MrPinkies likes this.
  14. Coreena

Coreena Guest

Absolutely, I 100% agree with everything you said about food. Looks like we are already 95% of the way there, our diet is so very similar to yours already, GAPS and SCD helped tremendously thus far in weeding out all the bad - we eat NO processed food besides mustard - and all grassfed/pastured/organic/wild - just need to tweak the food consumption and add a bit more seafood, but get the environment under control first. When you used meters during house hunting, which one(s) did you use? We have the basic Trifield meter, which is nice, but obviously will not give us readings for the airport and cell phone towers/radars, etc. There are many to rent, but before I spend $100, I'd like to be sure we get the right/best one...

This morning I gave him the usual leftovers for breakfast - today it was pork tenderloin with brussel sprouts and bacon. No fruit. He did just fine. :)

MrPinkies and nicld like this.
  15. nicld

nicld Gold

I try to tell my mother this with her picky eater foster son who is practically kicked out of kindergarten due to meltdowns, but she won't listen and keeps feeding him crap. I try to explain lights and EMF's to her too but just does not listen very well so I have to keep my distance for my health.

Eric Waldron and MrPinkies like this.
  16. MrPinkies

MrPinkies Silver

before you get meters, buy the EMF bootcamp... learn about it.. read all that you can on this website... that way you won't waste your money on meters that serve the wrong purpose, etc...

nicld likes this.
  17. Eric Waldron

Eric Waldron New Member

My three year old niece has recently been diagnosed with a minor form of autism (I predicted this from a mile away considering how she was raised as an infant from her father in front of a 50 inch tube the whole day, and that was before I came upon JK's wonderful knowledge lol). We will be headed out to Peru for a two month stint over the holidays, where I plan to get her out in the grass and sun (sunny 365 there, fortunately) and eating a more epi-paleo-esk diet. My wife and I are currently Christmas shopping for her family, but don't know what to get our niece. Are there any children's toys recommendations for her? I assume something natural and certainly as far from the emf spectrum as possible. Something geared toward outside playing? Thanks so much! This is wonderful news, and congratulations!

18. drezy

drezy Gold

What age is she?

Loud instruments will encourage her parents to tell her to take it outside.
    Binoculars/telescopes will encourage outdoor use so will kites if it's windy enough there.

Lahelada likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This thread was brought back alive. Now with the proton spin issues it should be illuminating.

Another hint why mitochondriacs need to get to the real data behind deuterium, DHA, electrons and sunlight to understand why this is correct and why just about everything else published in the nutrition data over the last 50 is manufactured data by corporations.http://bigthink.com/21st-century-sp...orms-the-standard-american-diet-with-exercise

20. drezy

drezy Gold