1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Elizabeth's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Elizabeth G, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Hi all. I’m fairly new here. I stalked the site and the forums for a while, and recently joined Patreon as a Bronze member. I hope to upgrade that soon, but I figured that I ought to contribute something toward the knowledge I’ve been gaining. Like others here, I’ve spent oodles of time and money looking for the right solution. This is a long post, but I wanted to capture it for myself to refer back to.

I was generally a fit, active, and healthy child through early adult. I spent most of my summers in the 70s and 80s outside from dusk to dawn. I caught many a sunrise at swim practice and didn’t miss a sunset. Barefoot games of jacks, Chinese jump rope, kick the can, and kick ball meant I was grounded all the time. While I did have childhood allergies, I no longer have the severe reactions I used to. As long as I don’t overload the allergens (eg. Dog, cat AND live Christmas tree), I am asymptomatic.

In my late 20s, I found the dreaded bullseye rash, took 3 weeks of doxy, and things went downhill from there. Some major highlights:

· Diagnosed as hypothyroid a few years later

· At 35 had difficulty getting pregnant

· At 37ish I did IVF. I had terrible reactions to the hormone shots – welts the size of pancakes!

· That fall, my immune system started shutting down: cold sores monthly, canker sores, a full-body hives breakout, a UTI, and others. It was crazy and I was the only one to see that it was a global immune problem. My doctor, bless his heart, told me they weren’t related. Oy!

· Shortly thereafter, doc ran a Western Blot and it lit up like a Christmas tree. I am fairly certain that the infection was leftover from 10 years before. Same doc also diagnosed me with Hashimoto's. When the antibody count came back, I asked, “Now what?” His answer, “Oh, nothing different.” Oy!

· I sought out a LLMD who went with long-term oral antibiotics. He was the first doc in 10 years that asked me about my bowel movements, which had been getting looser over time. Initially, it was related to menses, then constant. To balance out the long-term abx, he did point me in the direction of knowing about food sensitivities and removing grains

· I’ve never fully recovered from Lyme. I always say, “I’ve never fully recovered from whatever that post-Lyme thing is going to turn out to be,” because intuitively, I know that there was a reason my body isn’t fighting off the bug.

· At 44, I was healthier after doing 120 days of paleo, so I opted to try IVF one more time. No luck, but also no bad reactions. That doc used IVIG as part of the protocol, which sent me researching in that direction.

· At 46, I broke my arm in an accident in the barn. A horse sat on it. It was an open fracture that required a plate, an overnight in the hospital, and 24 hours of IV abx. The abx did a number on me. My cognition has suffered and I was unable to control my diet. (Follow up: the plate was too long and set too close to my wrist. Luckily, it came out a year later. Dr. K - you might be interested to know that I had a couple of neuromas that were repaired at that time. The nerve is still regrowing. Paresthesia remains on the scar and the 4th and 5th fingers, but it's improving!)

· In my research, I found a biochemist who had Lyme and was working with a doc in Florida to get patients healthy. He wrote a book. In the book, he divulged that they had protocols to help patients return to health, but nowhere did they say what they were. I figured out that they were doing IV vitamin, mineral, and glutathione supplementation and experimented a little with that on my own. I felt a little better for a little while.

· By this time, I had started to formulate the idea that my toxic environment was to blame for my imbalances. I brainstormed it all out on flip chart paper and thought it would make a good book: Designed for the Garden of Eden, Living in a Concrete Jungle. It felt the most like a root cause as I had ever gotten close to.

· I started doing some detox protocols in addition to supplementation. Following along on some mthfr sites, I realized that taking the supplements was akin to taking the pharma products. That being said, I did find a way to curtail an as yet undiagnosed GI yeast infection that I think was causing sulfa drug reactions, turmeric reactions (sulfa pathway), and causing me to slur my words after 1 glass of wine. Basically, I’ve probably been driving drunk for a year due to acetalaldehyde build up. Nice. Anyway, the mthfr group led me to a sauna group that led me to Dr. Kruse.

nnEMF history

· My parents are tech early adopters – even now in their 70s. If there’s a gadget they have it.

· We had a computer as soon as they were practical – the big 5” floppy drives (early 80s)

· I was one of the few with a computer and printer in my room in college

· I studied math (hoping to be a HS math and physics teacher) – lots of late nights under blue lights. Lots of time in the computer lab.

· My whole career has been computer-dependent, except when I am actually coaching people (primarily presentation/facilitation skills)

· My family is dispersed around the country and I work from home. Social media is a great way to stay connected to people.

· I’ve done hours upon hours of online research since my second Lyme diagnosis

· I have always hated fluorescent light, so I bought up almost a lifetime supply of incandescent bulbs before they outlawed them here in the US. I forgot to buy 100 watt bulbs, but got plenty of 60s and 40s.

The sun!

· Love it! Never bought into sunscreen (or butter, eggs, fat is bad for you) Cheers to intuition!

Seafood

· Yuck! Any tips on learning to like it are welcome. Shrimp and lobster are in, everything else (except fried clams and octopus) is out. Since fried food is out, that means I have to learn to like other kinds of seafood.

Other factors

· I am a spiritual person, raised Catholic, but never fully believed the dogma. The Church contradicts itself all the time and it makes me crazy! That being said, I believe that – as the podcast apparently goes – God is the Light. One of my favorite songs has that title, by Cat Stevens, now Yusuf Islam.

· As a math major and physics fan, I have always seen the relationship between the material and the spiritual. Math is the language of the universe. EVERYTHING is physics. I think this is why I resonated so much with Dr. Kruse’s teaching.

· I am qualified to teach yoga, yet my current schedule does not align with teaching a regular class. I have a home practice of yoga and meditation. I follow the teachings of Parmahasana Yogananda, who was a follower of Jesus. Yogananda teaches how Jesus connected to and used energy to perform miracles. Admittedly, my overall practice has been on hiatus for the summer.

· My husband is a thoroughbred horse trainer and we are out the door before sunrise 99.9% of the time. We would prefer to get to the barn close to sunrise, but since we share barns with others who start at 3:30a, we must get there early.

· I work in the pharmaceutical industry, which allows me to see the good and bad parts. The good has been pushed aside by the bad, and now is mostly limited to good intentions. Amazingly, there are many people who are conflicted about the industry but are stuck with golden handcuffs. Even more amazingly, there are people who are still totally brainwashed.

· I live outside of Philadelphia in the US. Working on a plan to spend winters in the south. It would likely be Ocala, FL.

Goal: Return to health

· Get Hashimoto’s under control

· Improve cognition – I can feel that my brain isn’t working as fast as it can. It’s frustrating

· Return to goal weight

· Improve focus and motivation

· Reduce risk from nnEMF

Current steps:

· Bought blue light blocking glasses. I bought a pair that has clear lenses for the times that I am leading a workshop. I know they block less, but they block some. I also bought some pretty yellow ones that make me look like a bug.

· Working my way through Life on the Edge and recently purchased Defeating Cancer.

· Getting ready to order deuterium depleted water

· Upped my time out in the sun

· Kicking off the return to paleo in a week or so. I am currently living in a camper while we train horses out of state. With limited fridge space and cooking tools, it’s hard to be on two separate diets. The hubby is not focused on health as a personal goal. My diet is better than average, just not 100% paleo

· Supplements: pro-biotic, magnesium spray and foot baths (when actually home, not in the camper); molybdenum when necessary, selenium and E, DHA – finishing the bottle before I learn to love oysters

· Getting ready to order a cover for the smart meter they installed while we were away this summer

· Tried face dunking once in a hotel sink. Brrrrrr. That will take some getting used to. I’m leaving that one for when I return home.

Ultimately, I would love to figure this out, return to health, and then help others get on the path too. Thanks in advance for your support in this endeavor.

If you read all of that, give yourself 100,000 points! Kudos. ;)

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Elizabeth....

Have you listened to Jack's 3 nourish Vermont talks? all his podcasts? They are all gold.

4. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Thank you. I listened to 2016/2017 and about a million podcasts. I’ve been doing a 12h round trip drive twice a month for the summer. Lots of idle time. Lol. If you have any favorites, I’d love to know which ones. Given that I’m operating at about 80% of my normal mental capacity, I’d be happy to listen to some favorites multiple times!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love the one with Jack and Jeremy .....have to look up the name of that one. They are all so good - just go with it!

6. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Yikes!

I had a flash - literally seconds - of what I thought felt like vertigo a few weeks ago. It disappeared until today when it happened twice and now, while I am not spinning, I am off-kilter. A while back, I had a colleague who wasn't getting relief from the Epley maneuver, and I found this maneuver by Dr. Foster.

I am waiting for breakfast to digest before I try it. :) I thought I'd see how this relates to mitochondrial dysfunction. I saw the posts about tinnitus and autism that mention vertigo. Given that I have Hashimoto's, I see this as progression from nnEMF. Grrr.

Any thoughts on vertigo out there?

I'm in Pennsylvania and trying to figure our how to move south. The two fastest to adopt options are Lexington, KY and Ocala, FL. I'd love some input on those two.

Thanks in advance!

7. Annemarie Heise

Annemarie Heise Gold Member

This is BPPV. If you go to professional therapist they will cleat it immediately. Treatments really work the question is causation. I have experienced this as well and my research indicates it is part of the straw that breaks the camels back of mitochondrial dysfunction

8. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

This is exactly what i was pondering. The thought of additional "autoimmune" disorders concerns me, but this one zaps me to the core. As a former gymnast, dancer, and college cheerleader, being off balance makes me feel like a foreigner!

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  9. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

How are you doing Elizabeth? I appreciate your love for horses (I miss them so much!) and I also have Hashi. I'd love to check in with you and compare some notes!

10. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Howdy Elizabeth-- your story is wonderful in detail and meaning. No wasted words at all.

Your concerns about Lyme disease syndrome are probably very well-founded.

Dr Dietrich Klinghardt, a well known MD active in Lyme/Autism community is one of the best in this field, in my opinion.

He is known for his Lyme Cocktail and cutting edge research, also he is outspoken about EMF dangers (he won't take on new patients that don't take steps to reduce nnEMF exposure-- he says it is a waste of time since no matter what treatments are used patients just don't get healthy unless they take active efforts to mitigate RF radiation exposure).

Also, I believe he was once quoted as saying that most of us have a Lyme-related infection which manifests in many different ways. One of his newest, exciting discoveries for treating it is Cistus Incanus....

Good luck on your healing journey.

Annemarie Heise likes this.
  11. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Update:
    I took a few months off of researching and tried to spend as much time in the sun as possible. We went to Tampa for the winter, and while I know it's a bad city for 5g, it worked for us for many other reasons. I was able to catch almost every sunrise and many sunsets. I sauna'ed. I went to the beach. I wore my blueblockers. I returned to PA with a nice tan. I was defintiely less stressed and less depressed than hibernating inside!

Now it's time to resume the battle. I got home, found a new doc - concierge doc, Harvard trained internist with a fellowship in Geriatric Medicine. Not up to date on the things we talk about here, but during our interview, I told him he had to be open-minded enough to play along. He says he's game.

I had the first half of baseline blood work done today and will have the second half done next week. My veins are tiny and they move. They weren't cooperating to draw 20 tubes!

My liver/gallbladder have decided they don't want to play along with a keto diet - or really any extra fat - or any fat at all. Lol. I was able to get some bile flow via coffee enema in the past, but this time I am going to try some taurine/glycine to thin the bile and see if I can get things flowing.

My dogs were dx'd with roundworms, and I have read much about doing a parasite cleanse. I opted to try ParaGuard just this week. Within one day I was developing a cold sore. Could they be related? Apparently. https://source.wustl.edu/2014/06/fighting-parasitic-infection-inadvertently-unleashes-dormant-virus/

I suppose it's good news in that it's data that the parasite cleanse may be necessary. Oy!

If anyone has suggestions about which blog series to print out, I'd love to hear them. I'm thinking the ubiquination series. Any others?

12. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Hi Liesel - Thanks for checking in.

We are currently horseless for the first time in almost 20 years! The last horse decided he didn't really like racing and we gave him a new career as a show horse. Such a cutie and potential to be a real love bug. In the meantime, we are catching up on projects around the house. What kind of horses do you like?

As for Lyme, I just had a new test and a CD57 drawn today. Let's see what happens.

13. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Thanks for the reminder. He's be on my mental to-do list. Printing out some stuff now!

14. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

I always had a love for horses and finally got a pony in my teens. I did lessons and really love dressage or a good bareback trail ride. I majored in Equine Science in college and worked at OSU Vet Teaching Hospital in Large Animal/Equine ICU and Med. My pony died when I was pregnant with my 2nd baby- she lived FOREVER! I haven't had them in my life much since then, but am working on changing that. We're looking for property outside Tampa, FL where I can have a riding horse and maybe board a couple retired horses. I love caring for them as much or more than riding them. It's so therapeutic and I want to be able to share that with others.

Any update on the lyme? How are you feeling as summer draws closer?

Phosphene likes this.
  15. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

Hi all. I've been missing for a while as I have been working with an MD who follows Klinghardt for Lyme. Fascinating stuff. Lots of herbals, one Rx anti-parasitic, and, the magic potion - AHT, a treatment where they take your blood out, inject it with ozone gas, and then drip it back in. I'm sure everything together has helped, but the AHT made a huge difference within a couple of weeks. I am now able to work for a greater portion of the day, do a little exercise, and my cognitive skills are coming back. Yippee.

I did briefly look into the effect that AHT has on redox, and found a couple of articles that stated it has a positive impact. The other ozone treatment I received was injection into a bad scar on my arm. I had a compound fracture that required a plate. I also had some nasty nerve damage because my arm got crushed.

First, they injected the scar with procaine, which had an immediate and positive impact on nerve function. When the procaine wasn't getting the job done, they injected ozone directly into the scarred area. Not only does the scar look better, the arm/nerve is functioning significantly better. This was NOT on my list of complaints (I was getting ready to go back to my hand surgeon), but I am happy to report that it got better.

LieselK and Phosphene like this.
  16. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

As I mention above, I started with an MD who follows Klindhardt protocols in July. I am almost back to normal - muscle testing last week revealed that everything I initially tested positive for, tested negative. That includes Lyme and 4 other co-infections. Sooooo exciting. I've been crossing things off my to-do list that have been on there for years!

17. ElectricUniverse

Congratulations on your progress. It appears your new doctor's regimen is yielding tremendous results.

I hope he also has you on a detox protocol to help clear biotoxins out from years of pathogen colonization in the body.

I have not used it yet, but CBD is being recommended for those with neuroinflammation from biotoxins to help settle down immune function and nervous system. You might want to research that.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

I tried it out for the first time last night. I've never done any drugs so I didn't know what to expect. I listened to Nancy Reagan when she told me to say no to drugs since I was 6 years old. She seemed like a classy enough dame so I played it her way for the subsequent 4 decades.

I took a nice 75mg dose and all I noticed was that I felt a little warm in a good way. My wife also tried it and slept deeper than she usually does. Neither of us has any dressing health issues, though I suspect I may not make it to the end of this life alive... I'll explain why I bothered trying it in my journal soon.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  19. ElectricUniverse

Wonderful idea. Wish you luck with CBD, and hope you will update us on your progress long term.

CBD cannabinoid is of course not psychoactive like the other cannabinoid THC, which is main psychoactive substance and responsible for the marijuana 'high'.

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Will do.

I figure I''l repeat the experiment another night and then, as due diligence, one Friday night (when I can sleep in the next day) I'll go ahead and turn up the dose 2x-3x and see what happens. Supposedly I'll have to plan around extra tiredness. That's solved easily enough.

ElectricUniverse likes this.