1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eli's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Eli Avital, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

So I decided to start a journal.

-18 years old (19 at the end of april)
    -born and raised in Toronto, Canada.
    -my home is in the center of Toronto, North York area. Not downtown where all the action is but still in the city.
    -Keep kosher so can't eat seafood. I do eat lots of fatty fish though

-mother was born and raised in Toronto. Suffered from bad stomach aches as a teen, figured out it was red meat causing it and stopped eating red meat, she still eats fish and chicken. She always had a tough stressful childhood with her parents and not having much money. Now she is 55 years old.
    -Grandmother was born in Montreal. Moved to Brighton England at 3 and raised there. Moved to Toronto at 18. All her life she suffered from weight problems, was never happy with her weight. Now she is 75 years old and still very overweight always trying to lose weight. (I'm going to help her with that)
    -Great grandmother is 96 years old as of two days ago. Born and raised in Brighton, England. Has had phenomenal health until recently. she is slowly losing her hair, eyesight and hearing, but her brain is in tip-top shape.

- My dad was born and raised in Israel until he was 23 when he moved around the globe and eventually settled in Toronto.

-Maternal H1 haplogroup
    -Paternal Q-Y2225 Haplogroup
    - When I was about 7 years old, almost every night I would get a terrible throbbing pain in both my legs. I would cry to my mom while she massaged them thinking it was just growing pains. After a few weeks, she realized this was not normal. We went to the doctor and then after hospitals and more checkups, they concluded that I had a virus that was mimicking the symptoms of arthritis somehow and was triggering an inflammatory response. I was on NSAIDs for a few months. It never really got perfectly better on the NSAIDs. Someone recommended I go to the eye doctor and get checked. The doctor obviously concluded I needed glasses (more money for him). Ever since I have had glasses, (my dad had glasses for all his teenage years until he got laser surgery.) Somehow, by getting glasses for myopia, it actually stopped the leg pain. I honestly never believed the virus or the glasses curing me. The virus never made sense to me. I was eating a high inflammatory diet, classic SAD, so the inflammation was for sure from that. I have never felt this leg pain again until last week and have had glasses ever since. (more on this below)
    - As a child, I was always skinny until about 12 years old wear I started to get a little chubby.
    I think I have correlated this to something I did during the winter.
    I noticed I was getting sick when I would go outside in the cold (probably just bad immunity at the time). I decided to stop going outside during recess and play football with my friends, i did this for a few months. No more activity from the foodball and it was the only sun i would get during the day. I was also missing out on the only time i could be cold. So I lost activity, sun and the cold during this year and gained weight while being inside the school all day every day under fluorescent lights. Then at 13 years old, I decided to lose weight by running a lot on the treadmill after school and beginning to watch what I ate. I'm not sure if I actually lost weight or just grew and spread the fat out. At 14 I was no longer chubby. I was always self-conscious of how I looked and stopped taking off my shirt anywhere including the beach for about 3 years. Mainly because of being chubby but even after losing weight. I have a few minor birthmarks on my back and chest that are not so noticeable, but to me they were. Now, I don't care what people think of my birthmarks, I am always shirtless outside.
    - At 13 I started to get little pimples on my forehead and just started using benzoyl peroxide and it went away.
    - As I started to learn about the dangers of chemical skincare, I stopped the benzoyl peroxide and that's when my acne really started. It was the beginning of high school where my skin slowly got worse and worse.
    - I began to do more and more research, first following Dr. Axe for a while.
    - At this time I was trying to gain muscle, eating lots of brown rice, quinoa, coconut oil, lots of vegetables, smoothies in the morning and might have actually hurt my gut.
    - Then I found bulletproof.
    - I began bulletproof intermittent fasting, fasting from 7 pm to 10 am, then bulletproof coffee then continue fat fasting till 1, when I would have a big salad, made with spring mix, acv, salmon, sweet potato, chia seeds and olive oil.
    - I did this for a year. This time, if I remember correctly, my acne was actually at its worst.
    - I did summer school for two years in a row to try and get biology out the way. During this time I was in a closed room for a month during the summer, with a laptop and led or fluorescent lighting and always sitting. I would work out when I got home but still did not notice the damage I was doing at the time.
    - In 2019 as I began to skim through Jack's work and more into bulletproof (i still didn't know anything about light) I started a cyclical ketogenic diet, breakfast was at 8:30 every day and it was sockeye salmon, avocado oil mayo, brain octane oil and avocado. Lunch was a huge bowl of coconut yogurt, buffalo yogurt and/or sheep yogurt, with Iron Vegan protein powder, cacao, berries and Jicama. (yes even in the dead winter I was downing Jicama, Bad! I know). Dinner was always different. I would take a 10-minute ice freezing cold shower once a week on Friday and simply run the water over my stomach and did this for a few months. I also started to use the cool fat burner vest a few times a week. During the winter, I would walk home from school every day for ten minutes in a short sleeve polo wearing only gloves even during extreme freezing cold winds. People actually thought I was nuts.
    - My acne slowly got better, but never perfect, once in a few weeks I would have an eruption of a few pimples at a time, then nothing for 2 weeks.
    - I have also always had canker sores on my tongue, I cannot remember a time that I didn't have a canker in a week.
    - People also tell me that my palms and soles are slightly orangey-yellow, they have always been like that. I've read it could be from excess beta-carotene, but I don't think it is from that.

-I have been trying to gain muscle for a long time, always trying to find the best routine. I would stick to a routine for a maximum of two months and then try to find another. A year ago in January, before I understood anything about calories, I increased my calories to 3000 for two months to try and force muscle gain while working out very hard in my home gym with led lights. I pretty much only gained fat, not too much but still no muscle. I continued eating ~2300 calories until May when I did a two week cut at 1500 calories and lost the last bit of weight. In the summer I ate between 2300-2500 calories with lots of carbs, lots of sun, lots of sleep and lots of working out and still barely gained. My workouts are intense and hypertrophy centred. I eat a lot and especially around workouts, lots of protein and eat carbs depending on the season.
    - Right now I am about 13-14% body fat, I tend to only gain fat on my lower belly, I don't think it is visceral fat though. I don't look overweight, but I do feel that I am slightly anorexic as I always feel a little fat no matter how skinny I am. People tell me that I look a little skinny, but when my dad was my age, he was even skinnier than me, so I say its genetic. If only people knew how hard I am trying to gain muscle... But this feeling of my weight does not control how much I eat, I still love eating and tend to eat a lot.

My life now
    - right now I am living in an apartment on the third floor in Netanya, Israel.
    - I am here for a gap year. I originally went to a dormitory religious school in Jerusalem but felt really bad there, mentally and physically. So my parents moved me to my family's apartment and I learn some religious studies every day with a guy. I have lots of families here. My grandparents from my father's side live on the same floor and my uncles and cousins all live a 10-minute drive away, I go to my family every weekend to spend time with them.
    - My bedroom is pitch black at night, I wear earplugs as well. I turned off the circuit to my room and the wifi but I'm still in an apartment so there is wifi and electricity all over. Where the wifi box is, even if I turn off the wifi and shut off all the power in the apartment, there is still a very high signal of Rf that I don't know where it is coming from. I purchased a grounding mat, wrist strap and a few cords from aliexpress and managed to connect a rod to the ground outside and bring it through the window. I have just begun sleeping on the mat. I still have to get a voltmeter to check if it is actually grounded. I also use the wrist band connected to the grounding wire as much as I can while I am home. I am actually connected right now. I have found my hunger and satiety have completely improved while grounded and in the sun. I have a red light therapy device by EMR tek that I use nearly every day. I wake up at ~6:00-6:15 and go for a 20-minute walk while watching the sunrise and listening to a podcast (Phone is always on airplane mode and always talk on speaker). I prepare breakfast and clean the house and then leave the house at around 10 for my religious studies. I walk for 30 minutes, mostly in the sun to the place where I learn and stay there for 2 hours, where I also eat breakfast. Then I walk 30 minutes back home. I then either head straight to the gym or sit in the sun on my balcony for 10 minutes. I have a membership in a gym near me and work out there for 1 hour 4-5 days a week. Yes, it has led lights. (When I get back to Toronto il fix that). I choose the days I don't go to the gym to be the sunniest days and sit on my balcony for as long as I can in the sun. I then come home and have a huge meal at ~3pm. Always different meals. Sunset is at 5:30 and immediately put on blue blockers and cover up my skin. I then have another class at 8 pm in a very brightly lit room, I still wear my blue blockers and a full jacket to cover up as much as I can. (i know it is not ideal, but it is only for another month). I get home at 9 pm, turn off the wifi and go to bed for 8-9 hours each night.

- I just did a month of the carnivore diet for the first time, I enjoyed it but I am a foody and enjoy vegetables too much.
    - On Thursday and Friday, I tanned naked and got a really bad rash below my waist, not on my legs. It went away on Saturday then yesterday i sat for 10 minutes again and it came back worse, Itching all night, Im thinking I just have to build up a solar callus slowly.
    - The rest of my body tans beautifully, I can stay out in the sun for hours, people think because I am light-skinned that I burn, but I don't. It takes a while.
    - on Saturday night the leg pain I used to get as a kid returned for the first time, I was too young to actually remember how it felt, but Saturday night, I really felt it. It was a throbbing leg pain that would not go away, it started at 6 with a little achy legs then at 10 I could not fall asleep because of this pain and this has never happened before. The doctors at the time said it was an inflammatory response back when I was a kid. My hypothesis is that after eating carnivore for a month, my gut had a rest from certain plant toxins that were always affecting me but I just never had a complete rest from. I stopped carnivore on Friday with some hot cocoa, vegetable chicken soup and coconut flour (yes just straight coconut flour). Friday evening I had Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower and some more vegetable soup. Saturday morning I had raw goji berries, raw tomatoes, cucumbers and onions and lots of avocados. As well as a very little amount of nuts. I suspect that is was the raw nightshade Tomatoes and goji berries that caused this reaction, if it was something I ate Friday, I would have felt the leg pain earlier, but since I ate the tomatoes and goji berries at around 12pm the leg pain began at around 6 pm.

According to this thread and my labs, I am a little low in testosterone, IGF-1, vitamin D and a few other things.
    - this was in august a few months ago, I do believe it has greatly changed. I have begun taking 5000-10000 iu of vitamin D in addition to the sun. when i get back to Toronto, i will retest my labs.

2. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

I just purchased the report from MTHFR support.
    @Jack Kruse or anyone else with more knowledge on SNP's, feel free to comment,
    I would really appreciate it.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-3-6_13-51-16.png
    You are doing many things right.
    That may help but I do not think it will help you with your low growth hormone and low total testosterone.
    You have the remaining one (maybe) two years window, and then you will stop growing.
    That growth may not be in height, but bone strength and joints strength.

As a minimum, you should monitor (every month) IGF-1 and IGFBP-3 to see if what you are doing make a difference.

Eli Avital likes this.
  4. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

Like I said I will be getting lab tests when I return to Canada.
    I have been getting full body sun exposure, including penis and testicles for the past month almost daily.
    Besides this and the regular things I do, what else can I do too boost my growth hormones and testosterone?

JanSz likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You are doing good.

Eli Avital likes this.
  6. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

The rash I was getting below waist when I was tanning full body always returns when I expose this area to the sun.
    A very itchy and red rash that annoys me the entire day unless I don't expose this area to the sun.
    I am trying to omly expose this area for a maximum of 20 minutes at a time.
    Maybe red light therapy would work?
    Also, I seem to be getting a very little inch around my neck/upper chest. This area is very tanned now.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not sure what that itch really means.
    Not sure what "very tanned" means in terms of alpha-MSH sufficiency.

I am initially very white.
    I use injections of alpha-MSH mimicking peptide to get my skin darker (and more resistant to sunlight).
    I use this peptide (MT2)(Melanotan-2):
    upload_2020-3-8_10-30-39.png

Eli Avital likes this.
  8. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

I am naturally whiter but get tanned easily and do not burn easy.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If after a while, your skin does not peel then your rash most likely is not from excessive sunlight exposure.
    -------------------------
    Sometimes that may mean a deficiency in
    omega 6 (six)
    GLA

upload_2020-3-8_11-56-43.png

upload_2020-3-8_12-0-21.png

10. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

well it's true I don't really eat any foods high in GLA. But I don't think I am deficient in Omega 6s in general.
    And the rash only happens when I am in the sun. If I don't get any sun, there is no rash.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-3-8_15-23-51.png

kim johnson likes this.
  13. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

But this is just fixing the symptom. The rash goes away if I stay out of the sun. It’s not a long term problem. It only happens when I enter the sun.
    Sun=rash
    No sun=no rash.
    This oil would only help heal the rash which is not the problem for me. It does not help the cause of the rash.

14. Aussie Chris

Aussie Chris New Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymorphous_light_eruption

Likely this is what it is. I get the same thing in areas that haven’t been exposed to the sun for a long time. Sources will say that it’s a sun ‘allergy’ but you just need to build up the skin’s tolerance. 5 mins at a time. It’s frustrating, but eventually fixable.

Eli Avital likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Eli Avital
    You are overestimating your skin tolerance.
    Maybe your skin does not burn (and peel off), but it gives you other unpleasant problems.

On average take one whole month of slowly increasing your sun exposure.

get MT2 injections (I do that)
    try topical GLA

get your fatty acids tested
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    post results here

Eli Avital likes this.
  16. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

That what I’ve been doing
    Hopefully it gets better.

17. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

@Jack Kruse I know you are very busy and I am only a speck in your quantum biologic world. But I only purchased the mthfr support analysis so I could get some assistance from someone here. I would extremely appreciate if you could give my file a look at.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Keep eye on your
    homocysteine and keep it as suggested.
    (If you need more in that area then God Bless You).
    https://www.mcssl.com/store/bltsystem/catalog/search?keyword=Homocysteine
    Homocysteine, Plasma 706994 - $28.01
    .I have a problem with the expression on the picture below
    "expensive genetic tests"
    I propose to change that to:
    "useless genetic tests"
    I mean useless for a person tested
    not
    to the person who reviews those tests (cashing a newer ending stream of payments for mostly useless guesses)

. upload_2020-3-11_12-1-31.png

upload_2020-3-11_12-12-57.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  19. Eli Avital

Eli Avital Gold

So the current random symptoms I am having right now are:

Peeing 1-2 times in the middle of the night.
    Scalp that flakes but not dandruff, maybe dry scalp.
    Enlarged lymph node behind my left ear.
    Tracking with a freestyle libre, I think I am experiencing some hypoglycemia at night. My blood sugar gets to between 3.2-3.7 and stays that way until I get up in the morning.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Scalp that flakes but not dandruff, maybe dry scalp.

Check your vit B5.