1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eligible Labs via Insurance

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Dylan Petkus, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

Hi all,

So I'm about 45 minutes into the "Getting insurance to cover your labs" video with Gretchen and Misty right now. I've learned so far that a possible route to getting labs covered is with a chiro.

So I've found my chiro and have confirmed with him and the insurance companies that they will cover any "eligible" labs ordered by the chiro. Upon further questioning, the insurance agent defines eligible as "whatever the chiro thinks is eligible."

....thanks?

Anyway, how do I go about getting a chiro to feel that these labs are eligible and have that reflected in his chart that will be read by the insurance?

Any tricks besides "hey my sleep is trashed so my melatonin/cortisol rhythms are probably poop, let's get an ASI and salivatory melatonin. Also, if I'm not sleeping well, we should gauge my GH secretion via an IGF assay. And while we're here, we should check out if all my cholesterol back bones are being sent to cortisol by checking out DHEA, progesterone, and testosterone?"

Would it be extra beneficial to use jedi mind tricks or bring some research articles to back this all up?

drezy likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

You're thinking creatively which is a good sign. Hmm your profile says you're 26. If single why not find a good looking female chiropractor in her mid 30s to 40s, wine her and dine her, and do whatcha wanna do. Who knows? You could net all the tests you want, a sugar momma, and possibly love. No harm no foul.

How's that for outside of the box?

3. endless

endless New Member

Drezy, do you not realize what a creepy slime ball you sound like to women? o_O Honestly.....

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

5. endless

endless New Member

Dylan, you can reach out to Gretchen directly via yourpaleohealthcare.com, she may be able to help you with your question.

6. drezy

drezy New Member

Not really. I reached out to an older woman once. Best wife ever. The marriage is 13 years in and going strong. I simply encourage younger men to open their horizons.

caroline likes this.
  7. endless

endless New Member

I'm not questioning that you are happily married. I'm telling you that you come off sounding sleazy. Maybe consider the way you talk about women.

8. drezy

drezy New Member

@Danny
    Aside from me working through my social skills on this thread, do you have any advice or amiable docs for young Dylan's tests in Florida?

caroline likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy New Member

@shah78 any Floridian pro-tips for Dylan?

10. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

Good thought drezy! Luckily I've been honing my skills at the roller rink these past few months. I figure the strong rotational inertia gathered from skating laps would fall into harmonics with my roller blade wheels, mitochondria, and all the women who thought the best part of Star Wars was Lando Calrissian. (Please don't think I'm super into Star Wars despite my earlier post mentioning jedi mind tricks; I haven't seen any beyond the first 3 movies after my sister played them for us while our parents went out on a date when I was 8)

Unfortunately, I think my girlfriend wouldn't be into that; free adjustments or not.

@fitness@home and @endless
    Thanks for the links, I'll check those out pronto!

drezy likes this.
  11. drezy

drezy New Member

Wise man.

If you were near Austin I'd have two possible picks for you. If you have any cold tub question feel free to reach out any time. It has seriously changed My wife, amy son, and my life for the best. Don't count your girlfriend out either. My wife went from the most reluctant in the house to the most frequent user once she noticed sleep and body shaping effects.

Also if/when you and your lady approach the baby consideration doc has mentioned C/T as beneficial for both pre-conception partners on one of his webinars. I love me some fat healthy babies more than anything.

Mystic Rose60 and caroline like this.
  12. drezy

drezy New Member

@Inger @caroline @ScottishEmma you are my jurors

If I'm such a vile beast for saying what I said above to another male(not knowing highly reactive women would blow up), to mimic the pattern that worked really well for me and my family, then just reply with the word "vile"or otherwise let me know that you disapprove. Last I checked my older wife seemed to be having quite a bit of fun.

13. endless

endless New Member

I can guarantee I'm not reactive. I've read quite a few of your posts and overall I've found you very thoughtful and articulate. **With** an undertone of inappropriate sexual innuendo. I'm only mentioning it because several other women have commented the same to me and I agreed. It affects your credibility. Even your comment above about your wife having * quite a bit of fun* proves my point. You seem very focused on sexuality to the exclusion of all other attributes. Personally, I have far more respect for a man (or woman) who can relate to others without resorting to that. Just my opinion.

cantweight likes this.
  14. endless

endless New Member

Dylan, I apologize for sidetracking your post. Just needed to speak up. Good luck with your lab coverage! Talk to Gretchen.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I personally have made up a little story when trying to get a Doc to authorise tests. Maybe saying that your Mom or Dad had serious health concerns that you want to avoid. The Doc needs to feel comfortable with and validate why he is ordering tests ....

drezy, Danny and cantweight like this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dan ...I have always enjoyed all our conversations - maybe sometimes we go a bit overboard but it has always been really good natured. Some people have left the forum but there has been a lot of new people joining lately ......and I personally find all the high spirits and camaraderie a huge plus. We are all in this together ....learning and supporting each other - and having a bit of fun along the way.

Anyway - this is probably all Amazing Scottish Emma's fault .... all her talk about Boobs and Vagina exercises!

Tony and I were watching a special on TV last nite about Billy Connolly ..... I periodically tell Tony about all the stuff Scottish Emms says ....anyway - I told Tony that Scottish Emma is a female Billy Connolly!

whaddayathink????

Mystic Rose60 and ScottishEmma like this.
  17. Sheddie

Sheddie Silver

For what it's worth, I simply cannot bear speech & other communication repressions. I remember discourse before the imposition of Political Correctness and have witnessed the dying swan song/lost art of interesting, stimulating and invigorating conversation; not to be confused with texting. There's a connection there. Just like all values seem to be translated into a dollar value, so much social currency in this Information Age is forced into approve/disapprove pigeonholes when so many other cognitive and expressible places/spaces could be enlivened in the scaffolding of a functioning whole brained/whole human building his/her life experience: Actively, with some cognitive higher gears engaged not just stuck in first gear's affective/gut level. All our gears are needed to be in working order. To rev us up and go forward.

Expressing who we are where we are is as important to me as a primary focus on working out, working on the body to reach, say, ideal physical goals, or learning something that motivates me to get on with something new. Any expression that unifies/coordinates animal instinct and human thinking is an achievement becoming. Just like Knowledge is, for convenience, broken down into parts, it also has to be synergized back into something that reflects its cosmic non-dualism, at some point -- one example is the synergy coming that will happily unite bio-chemistries & bio-physics...

As an "older" woman, and very much a participant in the second wave of feminism of my youth (now deceased) I may not agree (from my mind) with the expressed stance of a man at any age post-puberty, but I cannot disapprove of (from my feeling) his peace-time self-expression. I appreciate getting a wider sense of where he's coming from, especially if robust whole-beingness health is behind it. A little uninhibited dancing between the genders, these days, might promise that one day closer re-unification between 'different but equal' genders might be on the way? When younger cohorts seem to need to express their sovereign personal power at the level of broadcasting disapproval without some reason over and above affective disapproval I see it as a beginner's stage at maturing. I remember struggling with how I disapproved a man holding open a door for me. Today, it is a momentary delight in my day. At successive stages over time, what was once such a serious matter fades and sharing in a 'joie de vivre' with a good chuckle, and some laughs is so much more rewarding than letting stern and elaborate rules and disapprovals lead on the path.

But, I'm just an old woman now, having my brand of fun. Sirius -- is a star, in the Big Dog Constellation...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    caroline, Mystic Rose60 and drezy like this.
  18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

"Highly reactive women" You have obviously not been here very long...we have had some of the most deliciously lewd conversations, especially during the sex RX days. Should you be so inclined as to go back and read them you might be surprised to learn what a constant need to drop innuendo into every conversation warranted or not says about dopamine state, according to Jack anyway.

I think it was really nice of endless to give you a heads up....most of us were content to let you continue on being that creepy uncle type.

Gretchen at http://www.yourpaleohealthcare.com/ was a huge help to my family as far as understanding labs and working the system to get them covered. Good luck to you Dylan!

19. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I've realised quite recently that I'm one of those inappropriate people that probably offends others with my candid and brash talk.

caroline and Mystic Rose60 like this.
  20. drezy

drezy New Member

I do too. In all seriousness I appreciate her candor.