1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Elevation of Bed Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Martha Barger, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Martha Barger

Martha Barger New Member

Cannot yet post at 'Raise head of bed 10-30 degrees or leave flat?' thread but if anyone is looking to Elevate their head at night.
    I found Avana Elevator Mattress a USA company out of Atlanta... they have 5", 7" and mentioned a 12" as well. Fits below current mattress and above box springs or slats.
    They sell on Amazon, also saw on eBay and Overstocks and at their own web site.
    https://www.avanacomfort.com/mattress-elevator.html

I have lots of questions and have left word for Avana Comfort to get back to me.

Just thought I'd post this if someone is looking for a wedge to elevate.

I spent years looking for a 'healthy' bed... settled on a very heavy king 100% natural latex with 2 twin slat foundation and now interested in elevating head as well as adding a Magnetico Sleep Pad.

With Magnetico so many choices and I can't imagine how this will layer and if slat foundation will handle all the weight.
    I am also 'princess and the pea' sensitive.
    ....seems our bed is kinda like a complex puzzle and also similar to a boat as a bottomless expense.

2. shah78

shah78 Gold

seriously?complicated?cinder blocks, "1.49 each X 2??????:)

Phosphene likes this.
  3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@shah78 I’ll be expecting this hack in your guest room in January. :D

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

elevating your head is a wise hack

BrunoB and Phosphene like this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Why is this wise other then helping you if need to open breathing pathways.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Two Twin XL adjustable beds side by side makes for a King split size.
    https://tinyurl.com/yxj2g2uw

I there is not a big difference between both beds adjustments,
    3" topper may be handy. I use it since 1980. (Same bed frames).

ViscoSoft 3 Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper Cal King | Select High Density Ventilated Mattress Pad
    https://tinyurl.com/y688dqzm

upload_2019-10-8_20-24-24.png

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  7. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Make sure the Magnetico is on top of whatever you place under the mattress for elevation because otherwise there will probably be too much distance between your upper body and the Magnetico. On the other hand, I suppose you wouldn't want too much of a bend in the Magnetico - I don't know if it would affect its function.