1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Elevated liver enzymes

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by kjgraffin@yahoo.com, Apr 25, 2013.

1. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

We had our annual blood draw at work this month and I was pleased to see my CO2 and BUN levels have improved since I have not been drinking flouridated water. However, my liver enzymes, ALT & AST, are really elevated. They went from being in the 30s to being in the 50s.

Any thoughts as to where I should look for causes? I've been doing heavy metal chelation therapy for about 3 months and started taking Milk Thistle about 2 or 3 weeks prior to the draw. Could either one of those have contributed? Seems like those things would improve my numbers, though. BTW, I'm not overweight and my glucose and cholesterol numbers are good, so I'm not thinking fatty liver.

Any insights would be great.

2. cantweight

cantweight Gold

From my experience with the lovely liver I would suspect both the chelation and milk thistle could elevate your liver numbers. Anything toxic your body is releasing is definitely going to make for an unhappy liver. While your numbers are elevated they are not crazy high. I would continue to cleanse by adding lemon to water and throw in a stronger binder, something like activated charcoal.

Take the charcoal away from other supplements and be sure bowels are moving splendidly!

I have also found coffee enemas to be helpful with major detox as well.

As the liver settles from dealing with the onslaught the numbers should go back down :)