1. Registering for the Forum

    We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

    After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

    Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

    If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Electromagnetic Sensitivity

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by nonchalant, Dec 22, 2014.

  1. nonchalant

    nonchalant Silver

    I celebrated the Winter Solstice yesterday by experiencing a new form of electrosensitivity, with a little brain damage possibly thrown in. I got a flush on the skin of my upper arms and face, with a feeling of heat, and slight prickling. Later I got songs stuck in my head, and today as well.

    The older half of our country house has just one electrical outlet per room, at chest height. They were all ungrounded until earlier this year when DH upgraded the wiring to most of the house. The outlet on the enclosed back porch was not upgraded, though. We recently installed a washer & dryer, and I have used the washer a few times with no apparent issues.But yesterday I was just starting a load, and the washer was filling with water, when I felt a fairly intense heat, like strong sunlight, on my arms. I looked around, then realized it must be the electrical outlet! In the mirror I saw my face and arms looked a bit sunburned. About thirty minutes outside relieved the sensation. I didn't get any ringing in the ears or throat issues. But later that day I started getting songs stuck in my head (and today also) and sleep was interrupted for two bathroom breaks, which is unusual.

    I could Ask Jack, but I know what he'd say. Fix the outlet! And ground more.

    I'm a little surprised that the problem occurred when the solenoid was activated to let in the water, instead of the motor running. But that's got a strong magnetic field too.
     
    Alex97232 likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

    Jack Kruse Administrator

    probably affected the magnetic moment of the protons in you.
     
  3. nonchalant

    nonchalant Silver

    Is that why I just said "red" when referring to a picture of a brown house? I've been briefly forgetting words too, but not as bad as I've experienced in the past.

    I've slept twice now on a magnetico, but I think grounding is key. Unfortunately I'm back in the city for Christmas and to do a final cleaning of the house. Spectacular sunset last night.

    Bet my body (& mitochondria) are happy that they have figured out another way to communicate with my hard head. I still feel a slight tingle in my arms occasionally. This reminds me of the time I connected with an electric fence barefoot on damp ground. Lol!
     
  4. Jack Kruse

    Jack Kruse Administrator

  5. Alex97232

    Alex97232 Gold

    Hi non--sorry to hear of your not so fun adventure with the washer-dryer emf's. I am kind of stuck living in my old house in Portland for the past year. While I am here, this is what I have found that seems to work for me to avoid having the reactions you described: I leave the circuits for washer and dryer off most of the time. When I am going to do a wash, I set the washer to the setting I want (circuits still off); then, at the other end of the basement where the electric panel is, I flip the washer circuit to on (I use a long wooden stick to do this); when I hear that the water has finished filling up, I flip the breaker to off, then, with power off around the machines again, I load the clothes and close the top; then, go back to the panel, and flip the circuit to on for the washer.
    Dryer is the same drill.
    Hope the above is helpful to you--I have more tricks to surviving the emf nightmare.-- I am happy to share--just ask.
     
  6. nonchalant

    nonchalant Silver

    Thanks Alex; good idea. When we go back from the city, we are buying a new grounding rod for the house. I had been avoiding the washer, turning it on and quickly walking away, but I didn't realize the motor wasn't the only threat.

    I also like the idea of using a long wooden stick on breakers. :)
    My dryer is usually powered by solar and wind energy, heh, but I use the dryer if it is raining.
     
    nicld likes this.

Share This Page