1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Electricle bicycles

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Judd Crane, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Judd Crane

Judd Crane New Member

Anyone tested electricle bicycle for EMFs?

2. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Im going to borrow one soon to test. Electric field and magnetic field with trifield meter tf2, and check for RF with a Cornet.
    i will post the results and bike specs here. But this will only be for one brand/model.

Alot of the ebikes uses the same type of powertrain so the data will maybe give pointers for other models. But each bike should be tested.
    in the test linked below the engine/battery (powertrain) fitted to different bikes was :
    9 x Bosch // 36 %
    8 x Shimano // 32 %
    3 x Brose // 12 %
    2 x Specialized // 8 %
    1 x Giant // 4 %
    1 x FLYON // 4 %
    1 x Dyname // 4 %

If you are looking at a newer ebike, it will probably have som connection for smartphone (rf). "By now all brands have their own smartphone app"

https://ebike-mtb.com/en/best-emtb-group-test-review/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    John Schumacher and Judd Crane like this.
  3. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Late answer. I first tested a Haibike sduro 3.0 hardseven:
    https://www.haibike.com/be/en/ebikes/emountainbikes/trail/sduro-hardseven-30-be956?id=4540018035
    it has a Yamaha PW-ST engine.

I tested it with a cornet ed88tplus for RF all around the bike:
    -No RF was messured from this bike (this bike has no app connection)

I tested it with a Trifield TF2 for magnetic and electric field, 5 cm over the engine just behind the battery on the flat part of the frame:
    -No electric field was messured from this bike
    -Magnetic field was messured from this bike: With peak magnetic field 22.1mG . I messured steady 20-22mG going up hill with level 5 motor assistance (max) -The magnetic field will be weaker with less motor assistance.
    -The magnetic field is strongest around your ankles and lower calves since they are located near the motor.
    - When going up hill with level 5 motor assistance (max), the magnetic fields end was around my knees (im 188cm).

Marko Pollo and John Schumacher like this.