1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eating: Young vs old animal, male vs female

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by John Saf, Apr 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. John Saf

John Saf New Member

if you could choose regarding nutrition, deuterium (and other to be considered) :
    If the animals was grazing in the same animal herd, would you choose calf, young or grown animal?
    Would you choose male or female?

Im a hunter, so when i hunt (reindeer,),deer, moose and vension i can pick the animal i want. ( I dont use lead bullets and we dont have CWD)
    Im a farmer so when i choose to take a pig, cow (or lamb from a freind), i can choose the animal i want.

WIld animal is only in the fall/early winter, tame animal i can take all year when needed but i like to take them comming from wild mountain valley pasture .
    I choose a strong and healty animal.

Any links to what jack thinks about this?

((I sell the reindeer i hunt because there is becquerel in high altitude wild reindeer in norway after Tsjernobyl, does anybody or Jack have any information about becquerel in human food?)

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, it depends on what your goal is.

If you want to have less deuterium, young animals would be better.

If you want the balls of a animal, to eat and get tons of man power, you need to get a male.

I think eating the organs together with the animal is important for the mineral balance, and other benefits too.
    I am not sure what other difference there is between a male and female adult animal. I cant remember Jack saying anything about that, except the thing with young animals have less deuterium.

If you eat tons of wild animals or other red meat, make sure to run an iron panel at least once a year to make sure you do not iron overload. Wild animals have the most iron of all.
    Even better, just start donating blood 2-6 times/year, then you do not have to think about it.

In ancient hunter cultures like American Indians, etc. it was common to do blood letting. I now get why they did it. They would otherwise get way too much iron from the meat they ate.

Jack has written several places about radioactive seafood, how it can be even protective for us! But I have not read anything myself that he has written about radioactive land mammals so far....

Sajid Mahmood likes this.