1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eating LCHF good for adrenal fatigue (low cortisol)?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Ossa, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ossa

Ossa New Member

Is the general consensus that eating low carb high fat/protein and epi paleo beneficial for adrenal fatigue?

I find when i dont eat carbs i have reduced energy so thats why im asking.

2. kris90

kris90 New Member

Focus on the engine, not the fuel. FEELING better with carbs is likely related to poor mitochondrial function; engines that cannot fat burn.

Anne V and JanSz like this.
  3. Ossa

Ossa New Member

Is high fat low carb good for restoring your mitochondria as carbs spit out more ROS and cause damage to cell in absence of strong uv light?

4. kris90

kris90 New Member

Again, focus on the engine not the fuel. Sunlight and/or CT is what optimizes mitochondrial function, as is sleep (since melatonin repairs mitochondria and lowers oxidative stress).

But yes, a high fat diet is the best in terms of fueling our engines. Focus on your environment to help your engine, then eat a high fat diet as the diesel fuel (seasons matter of course, but a ketogenic diet helps to slow down your cellular clocks while you use sunlight to retune your SCN to regain optimal signalling/leptin sensitivity).

Ossa likes this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

You are correct though. Carb electrons enter at cytochrome 1 giving electrons to NAD+ to reduce it to NADH. NADH has a peak absorption of 340 nm light which is UV. That means UV light keeps NAD+ levels high, so we can eat carbs safely. High consumption of carbs without UV causes NAD+ to drop and we get pseudohypoxia and trash our redox.