1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eating coconut oil Netherlands?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Hilde, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi all,

I learned from Jack here and through his book, that food that is out of season and food that doesn't originally grow in my country, The Netherlands, are a mismatch to 1. my cirdadian rhythm as 2. not in line with the Epi Paleo Diet.

Am I correct?

So no coconut oil but grass fed butter, lard and ghee for the Dutch?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

This doesn't directly answer your question, but one of the things he mentions is no saturated fat if you're eating unsaturated DHA foods like salmon because the DHA isn't as well absorbed.

3. Danica

Danica Gold

I thought that Jack's book says that you sould eat seafood with duck fat/butter? Or did I not understand it right?

4. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

I don't have the book and I believe that was some time ago and he may not feel exactly as he did then.

Coconut oil is almost entirely saturated fat. Pastured butter and animal fat has much less saturated fat than their factory farming component. I believe pastured lard is mostly unsaturated. I don't know how unsaturated you should go when eating DHA. I use either olive oil or duck fat when cooking salmon.

These are separate issues than what fats are appropriate at what times of the year.