1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eat My Latitude and Epigenetics

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Pacemaker, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Pacemaker

Pacemaker New Member

Hey guys, Newbie here - I went to the fountain for a drink, and now I'm drowning in the ocean!

I understand the "eat your latitude" concept and it makes sense. But when does your latitude become your latitude when you move? Immediately, after 5 years, how long? In other words, I moved from Philadelphia (lat 40 degrees) to Tampa area (latitude 27 degrees) about 20 years ago. So I image that is enough time to consider "my latitude" is 27 degrees and it correlates with my light cycles.
    But what about the epigenetics? My parents, gparents, and even ggparents all came from Philadelphia/Italy all around the 40th parallel. Does that mean that I'll be mismatched if I eat local or mismatched if I continue Philly-style? And what are the ramifications from the epigenetics when families move like this? Jack, you did this same thing leaving NY on your way ultimately to NO.

Natalie R. likes this.
  2. Penny

Penny New Member

Basically, the sun is programming you at the 27th latitude and all food must come from that lattitude or it would be a mismatch - the idea though, is to deplete deuterium and the easiest way to do that is to burn your own fat - i.e. *water fast* - this is the key to the kingdom... make sure you are in the sun and grounded when you do it too -

Shawn Turpen likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Philly to Tampa is going from frying pan to fire in today's world.

Tanya likes this.
  4. Shawn Turpen

Shawn Turpen New Member

I am brand new to this site and Dr. Kruse. I have listened to every podcast I can find on YouTube and sometimes 2 or 3 times. I have been Intermittent Fasting 16:8 for well over a year and love this lifestyle. I am really trying to clean up my diet and I recently quit eating all wheat. One thing at a time for me.:) I had never heard of deuterium until today's youtube session. Can you direct a newbie to some articles about this and how to eat to deplete? I live in the desert southwest, buy my water which comes in glass, live in the sun as much as possible and rarely turn on any lights in my house. That's about as far as I am in this new journey.

5. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Hi @Shawn Turpen, and welcome! You might want to repost your intro in its own thread. This may have been missed by being tacked on another thread. (Also, nice pic but you may get some ribbing about the sunglasses. Consider another with eyes visible?)

All the best.

6. Shawn Turpen

Shawn Turpen New Member

Hi Phosphene,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am still devouring every YouTube video by Dr. Kruse and am reading Epi-Paleo Rx. On the picture, lol yeah I have slowly, slowly been going sans sunglasses but I didn't like bright light from the day I was born. That picture is 2 years old I will see if I can find a better one.
    THanks!!

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Posting that pic, for those reasons on this page are just not wise.

The wisdom on this website is quite simple.

Everyone is worried about avoiding illness. Well there is an easy way to do this: Stop participating in the light that causes it

Sunglasses alter sunlight to an alien form of light and they are a huge problem.

Don't buy it? Go read Health and Light by John Ott and pay attention to the story in it by Albert Schweitzer daughter to Ott at the Lambrene in Africa.

caroline likes this.
  8. Shawn Turpen

Shawn Turpen New Member

Of course I buy the health benefits of sunlight after listening to multiple podcasts by you. I have always been an afternoon sun devotee. I am now taking in the light every single morning with minimal clothing, no sunglasses and a big glass bottle of Artisan well water. I have barely scratched the surface here. I have taken out all LED light bulbs that I possibly can, I do not turn on any lights during the day and only one at night. I have purchased blue blocker readers for the computer which by the way has made a huge difference. I also have the yellow ones for watching TV. I am taking baby steps just one day at a time. Thank you for the response. I will put Health and Light on my reading list I have heard you mention it several times in podcasts.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018 at 1:20 PM
    caroline and Phosphene like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think differently about grains after I came across this charts.

Possibly the oatmeal story is not about oat grains but the fact that ground flour is not eaten.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    //

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 12:16 PM
    Phosphene likes this.
  10. Shawn Turpen

Shawn Turpen New Member

How did you feel prior to the chart?

11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

And what is the oatmeal story?

Quantum1 likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Oatmeal or rice in grains raise insulin but the maximum insulin level is still within healthy persons range.
    Compare the values of blue line on the bottom chart to the values for solid rice grains on the top chart.

Brown rice have little more of outer surface (bran) of original grain.
    It takes minutes longer for digestion process, so insulin does not go as high as wit solid white rice grains.

Shawn Turpen likes this.
  13. Quantum1

Quantum1 New Member

oatmeal and brown rice are too hard on your GI system - avoid at all cost. Look into FODmap foods. big help.

Shawn Turpen likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am drinking lots of DDW. Now DDW-66.67ppm
    My fasting glucose was 65 on my last test.
    I have to be ready when (if) my glucose gets to low.

Suggestions?

15. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Oh I know rice and oats are decidedly NOT epi-paleo, and I’ve been doing the Leptin Reset most of the summer. However I am not overweight (maybe 5 pounds) and have zero issues with digestion (thank the gods). Husband has lost 20 pounds and counting.

Am just still trying to wrap my mind around how I’m going to get through fall/winter without my go-to food (any time of day)—UNsweetened steel cut oats with lots of cinnamon, cardamom, walnuts and salted butter.

I guess oats are technically “in season” at the moment...

I think the idea is that when you get your system sorted with superb choices in light, water and magnetism, the food becomes not so huge an issue.

caroline likes this.
  16. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Jan—I can imagine you don’t want to let blood sugar get too low (hypoglycemic?). Not sure what to suggest—maybe just a little local honey? Or some sushi rice?

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Speaking of honey, but far away, Manuka Honey from New Zealand.
    There is something special about it (other than high price).

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not sure, do they grow in tropics?
    ----
    Most of discussed food choices are about europeans living at 40-50 latitude.

Going closer to equator changes food pyramid.

19. drezy

drezy Gold

JanSz likes this.