1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Eat breakfast 30 minutes after waking

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Jason Yun, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jason Yun

Jason Yun Gold

One of the primary rules for the leptin rx is eat within 30 miutes of waking.

What if someone wakes way before the sunrises? Is that not a mismatch, or does it matter when one is leptin resistant?

2. I've had many logical debates with myself over this too. How am I to eat withing 30 minutes, but also see the sunrise? I can't cook in the dark, even if I had premade food ready should I even be eating in the dark? Should I watch the first bit of the sunrise, and then make and eat breakfast? Thirty minutes isnt an awful lot of time to be working with to get that done, but that is what I have been trying to do.

3. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

I eat shortly after I get up regardless of the time. Mainly to let my body know I am awake and doing something, this is consistent. Also because of the large shifts of daylight hours, sunrise and sunset times, in the north.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. gscottyg

gscottyg New Member

You are using the light cycles to resync/reteach Leptin if that makes sense. The point is to see the sunrise and then eat a good meal shortly after. It does not matter if it is cloudy or not. The change from "night/dark" to morning IS the stimulus your body needs to see. Leptin has a circadian mechanism just like many other hormones in your body. Remember your night habits/light environment will affect Leptin too. Also if you are leptin resistant try to eat within the solar window which should be easier as we now focus on spring->summer if you like in the Northern Hemisphere.

NDC74, Bob Stirling and Lahelada like this.
  5. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

Thank you, I am there for the sunrise as much as is practical, it varies from 430 am to 10 am during the year. I am also accepting the seasonal temperature trends, cold (5.5 hours daylight) - not as cold - warmer (19 hours daylight) - not as cold - cold, as another stimulus.

6. Jason Yun

Jason Yun Gold

thanks. I'm not LR, but own a training studio and most of clients are.