1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Earthing Mats? Better than nothing?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by MeghanK, Jul 8, 2013.

1. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I may have asked this but can't find.... are EARTHING MATS good or bad? I can't afford the earth pulse thing but I have an earthing mat that I have been using when at my computer but now there is research it is doing more bad than good???? Better than nothing? Or should I just be at my computer with no mat? Any other hacks?

The problem with this is that when you plug those mats in the US at least, into the wall, they plug-in to the grounding outlets so they’re grounded and in the US, about 70% of the power that goes into our homes and our buildings travels back to the substation, not through the wires but through the ground. And the earth in the US is literally electrified with power travelling back to the substation so you’re essentially introducing extra electrical pollution and extra electro-magnetic frequencies into your bed or wherever you happen to be sleeping or standing on this grounding mat when you use grounding or earthing mats in the US.

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've tried working with earthing mats and sleeping w/them - and I think they're one of the reasons my HsCRP is still elevated, even though we grounded them to the earth.

I think you'd be better off grounding your computer and using a keyboard and mouse combo if you have a laptop

I've unplugged all the earthing mat stuff, and going back to straight grounding. I'll let you know what my labs look like this fall...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'm with Gretchen......too dangerous to trust in my view. Some good and some real bad and then there is a good initial tester gone way bad after a few weeks of use.
    This is why I like other options like the mattress.

4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I have unplugged my mats after learning of returning electricity to the grid. I think I do feel an effect for the positive.... I use magnets for my mattress, run an earth pulse and Shumman whole house generators.... 2 of them.
    Next month moving back to my old home back in a rural area.... Always felt healthier out there.... May test and run a grounded mat with a grounding rod to the earth. But for now I do lots of earthing by just connecting to the earth..... I even go out side in the sun, lay naked on the ground with the cold water running on me.... feels amazing....

Just discovered after eliminating the strength of my wifi to my bedroom to almost 0 that the neighbors register full bars..... Can't wait until I move.... I will also be on my own well water..... Bingo!..... get to optimize may optimization efforts.

5. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

How do you ground your computer? I'll ditch the mat and see how it goes...

6. colt

colt Gold

There is a link some where on docs site.

7. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

as part of the EMF webinar series - Michael Newart taught us how to ground our computers...

9. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Right... I thought I remembered him using some kind of grounding cord like the one I linked too except he created his own by cutting wires... I figured this would be easier... would this wire work?

10. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

If Earthing Mats Connected to US Soil are bad why is walking barefoot good? Meaning... if you are laying in the US Soil/Grass in barefeet etc.... how is that different than being GROUNDED through electricity... isn't the electricity in the ground you are standing on?

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

60 Hz electric power lines make an extremely low ELF that destroys many aspect of cell signaling and causes Calcium efflux, Mg depletion and dehydration. Dirty electric currents are terrible for us........and the magnetic fields they make that our very tiny have been scientifically shown to be devastating to cells.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  12. marcus

marcus New Member

Wow! I didn't think that it could be that hard to be grounded... is this a US-only thing? Do you have any references / links / sources?

13. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Grounding ,or as the Brits call it, earthing can be achieved almost anywhere on EARTH. All residential electric service panels are required to be grounded with a copper or galvanized grounding rod which is driven 6 ft into the earth. Where driving a rod is impossible a bare copper wire loop can be buried around the perimeter of the building. If you have access to your breaker panel you should be able to see a thick bare copper wire and see where it goes. Verify that it is in good condition and it's path to ground is complete.
    If you verify good ground this does not mean that all or any of the circuits in the home are properly grounded. If all the wiring in the home was done properly all the circuits will be properly grounded. Being properly grounded does not mean that no magnetic fields or emf are being generated. For under $5 you can buy a circuit tester that plugs into a receptacle and will tell you the status of that circuit. So it's simple to tell if an individual circuit is grounded. It's a bit harder to test lighting circuits which are usually separated from receptacle circuits. Any device with a three prong plug plugged into a properly grounded circuit will be grounded. That being said the device itself ,for instance a microwave oven, may still produce mag field or emf while being properly grounded. Given proper ground path I see no reason why a grounding mat or similar device would not work properly.

14. Martin

Martin Gold

One reason is that when you are on a grounding mat or pad, and you are in the vicinity of an electrical field from an appliance, breaker panel, wiring, etc., your body acts as an "antenna", and the fields from the electrical devices pass thru you on their way to earth. I've done some testing with a body voltage meter and confirmed this for myself and no longer ground with a pad on my bed nor at my computer. Instead, I turn off the breakers at night and ground my computer with the USB device outlined by Neuert.

When I thought about plugging into the house's grounding/earthing system in the wiring, I realized how often stray currents can potentially be picked up by the wiring and passed thru you when you tap into all that wiring. Not only voltage for power, but radio frequencies as well, are being picked up by the wiring. And "dirty electricity" from transformers, light ballasts, dimmers, and other devices are all emitting frequencies that can get picked up by home wiring.

I have wondered if one could sleep on a grounded mat with a wire straight to a rod in the ground that was nowhere near any underground power sources, in a room devoid of wiring, and shielded from radio/microwave frequencies, if wouldn't be a good way to get a good night's sleep.

15. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

@ Dali & Jack......If Earthing Mats that are connected to US Soil are bad ....why is walking barefoot good? Meaning... if you are laying in the US Soil/Grass in barefeet etc.... how is that different than being GROUNDED through electricity... isn't the electricity in the ground you are standing on?
    @ Martin... Do you have the link to how to ground your computer.....
    @Jack.... any advice on shielding yourself in an apartment building since you cannot turn off the circuit breaker?

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I know that in the US the "common wire" (usually the white wire that leaves a light, fixure, or other electrical device), used to be connected to the ground circuit. But that is very old technology, and is not legal today. I am surprised at the 70% figure.

But we are speaking of quantum issues, and even if it were 30% or less, it still is a concerning issue.

17. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

I have one of those "grounding" testers and supposedly all my outlets are "grounded" but does that mean grounded to dirty electrons etc? And if so... then if I am walking barefoot in the grass aren't I getting the same dirty electrons....

18. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

There is no electricity traveling through the ground back to the substation. If the wiring and the devices are properly grounded they are grounded. If being grounded is good and your device is properly grounded there should be benefit.

19. Martin

Martin Gold

20. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Thanks Martin... while I'm in there... what about the other products they have for protection... like pendants etc... Do they work?
    JACK
    Is this a good idea.... if I can invest $50-$100 on this site in the USB wire and something else, what would you recommend?