1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Earthing half sheet

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by nicld, Oct 26, 2013.

1. He pulled the wire right out of where it fits into the spike that goes in the ground so no way was it still grounded. I also then pulled out the rod/spike and even after a few days the green light still went on so..............

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

interesting ..... grounding sheets worry me......

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Tanya, I had a similar experience. My back was much worse at the time, and I loved the way my ground sheet (attached to a rod in my garden) made me feel. I tried discontinuing it and discovered quickly that it was a mistake. Gradually my back got stronger and better, thanks to the EpiPaleo diet and water. Eventually I discovered that I could either take or leave the grounding sheet; I didn't need it so much. Later on, I think it was setting me back, at least while I was in the city, so I stopped using it here. I still use a ground sheet while in the country.

So perhaps a grounding sheet has both good and bad effects, and sometimes the good effects outweigh the bad. I know it was awesome for my back, at one point in my health journey.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I really don't understand that Sally .....if it was good for your back at one point .... Why would it be less good at another time?
    Did you listen to michaels webinar yet?

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

If the naked wire alone was still on the ground it could be be detecting charge,especially if you have stray voltage from an underground cable passing.I think....
    Could you test with the wire touching the ground ,and then a couple of inches off the ground. Could the wire be making a "false" or better second earth somewhere,running where metal piping is etc

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  6. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Hi Sally, I hope that in the future I also would not need to rely so much on all that grounding bedding stuff that I currently use. I am thinking in terms of travel especially. For now, I have no doubts whatsoever, that this is one among a few other most important things that is definitely helping me.

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Audrey, I think when my back was so painful, the grounding was what it needed worse. Probably even grounding to the electrical socket would have helped. Now that my back is more healed, the stray electricity that the sheet might pick up is more of an irritation. That's my opinion. I know when I go to the country, and see my beloved green grounding sheet, I always smile big. :)

8. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Every single grounding product that I purchased included a tester in the package. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I tried the first few of them, even though I have known already that our outlets were not grounded and the testers confirmed that. I had also gifted to someone a grounding mat and the tester worked just fine in their house because their outlets were properly grounded. However, they decided to ground it to the outside rod instead, following my lead....

9. I am now getting a bit confused by all this. They have 'testers' for the outlet itself which I understand works but the 'tester' I am talking about is something you put on the sheet and if it is 'working' I presume grounded a green light goes on. But what I found is though the rod was definitly not grounded the green light still went on if the wire was 'fastened' to the sheet, if you unfastened it instantly goes off. So my thinking is is it testing the connection but NOT the grounding. I kind of give up at this point I was just curious if anyone else had anything similar to report. To add to the confusion maybe my sheet IS grounded now (outside in the ground) and when I put the little green light tester on the sheet.............NOTHING..............no green light. So I'm thinking it has some battery in there that has discharged..............I am totally confused now don't know what's going on or what to think

10. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Oh, I see now what you mean, pat. I don't have any problem with my earthing connection tester either. It works just fine. I use it very time after I do the laundry just to be sure that it is not time to replace my sheet. I would call the company and ask them either to send you another tester or let them explain to you why you are having this problem. If I did not have this kind of tester, I would have used my body voltage meter. That one also shows me that I am being grounded while using the sheet.

11. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, at first I tested my grounding sheet every night, because I didn't want to waste a single night's sleep. Then after a few weeks I found I could feel the difference, if the connection (at the sheet) got loose. The sheet felt ... still/dead/silent.

Tanya likes this.
  12. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Exactly, Sally! The tester just confirms to me what I already feel myself. Sometimes when I forget to reconnect for some reason, after getting into bed, I would immediately be "reminded" of that

13. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Pat, the tester might be faulty.

But what Tanya said about body voltage is the answer.

Get a multimeter that can test AC voltage. You can see how this works here:
    How To Use A Multimeter To Test Body Voltage

This will let you know if the earthing product is working and then you will have something to compare against when testing your current earthing tester.

14. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Hey Pat,

if in doubt try this http://www.lessemf.com/ground.html#185

15. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

@Tanya, a couple nights ago a storm came through out in the country, and I made the decision to leave my grounding sheet attached to the ground rod. (Usually I hastily disconnect!) I noticed quite a bit of tingling that night, even before it started to rain. It wasn't on the same level as my first night on the sheet, but it was quite pleasant. I kept thinking about my grandfather, who said lightning was fertilizer for crops. I was sure soaking it up! And no, I didn't die after all. :)

Oh, btw, we got the largest hail I have personally seen that night. The stone DH retrieved was over 2 inches in diameter, and it sure was not the largest one. Nature must realize we need more energy.

Tanya likes this.
  16. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Sally, it is a very rare occasion that I ever disconnect my grounding stuff, except for when I am doing the laundry. Living dangerously, you and me both, I suppose... :D. I can now tell so well if for some reason it is not connected - tingling, especially in the areas that require most help, and the fact how easy I can drift to sleep - the moment I am ready to do so....