1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Earthing half sheet

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by nicld, Oct 26, 2013.

1. nicld

nicld Gold

Does anyone have this and only ground it outside? Did it help? I read that it is not advisable to use this if you need to plug it in to an outlet.

I do not live in a high EMF house and just cannot swing a magnetico pad for our king size bed but would like to do something. With winter coming it is going to get really hard to get outside to ground when there is 2 feet of snow out.

Also anyone use the auto set pad? I spend almost 10 hours a week in my car.

Thanks

Nicole

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I had it and it spiked my hsCRP. from .02 to 4! in under 2 months. I wouldn't use it... you'd be better off putting your mattress in the basement and sleeping on the floor.

I wouldn't use them...

3. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks for the input Gretchen,

Can't put the mattress in the basement, basement too small (I live in am old farm house). So would getting more magnets help better? I have a 150# pull and a 250# pull now and sleep pretty good but would more help. I want to get some under the hubby too.

Just can't swing a magnetico pad for us, DD needs one first.

4. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

the only way you're going to find out is to try adding more and see what happens...

5. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks, I think I will try getting more magnets and ditch the earthing pad idea. For the winter I must might have to spend some time in the basement.

I wonder if having outdoor carpeting on it reduces the effect?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

I personally sleep MUCH better now that I'm earthing - deeper and more complete it seems. With earthing, there may be a thing where it is more beneficial to put your own grounding rod in the ground outside your bedroom window rather than plug into house electrical grounding ports in the outlets in your home. I am still trying to uncover the full truth on that but for now, I have put my own stake in the ground out the back and sleep connected to it. It is awesome.

7. scottyc

scottyc New Member

I met with an EMF consultant (Steve Magee) and he advised against the grounding sheets due to stray voltage. He said that while plugging directly into the ground is better than the wall socket, even the rods plugged into the ground can have stray voltage 'contamination' due to underground power lines. He said, that he doesn't even walk barefoot in his own home due to this 'stray voltage' issue.
    Like Cosmo, I slept grounded in my last house, and noticed deeper sleep. However I think the stray voltage issue is something to keep in mind, depending on where you live and your proximity to underground power lines.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

That's awesome that you met steven magee - I've been watching his youtube channel for a while now. Lots of fascinating content there! I want to get to the bottom of the stray voltage controversy because it seems like a lot of people are getting benefits from simply plugging into the house electrical ground and yet I had so many sleepless nights when i did as such.

I actually am part of a discussion about that where there is a very interesting theory about grounding and restless sleeping. It has to do with getting earth energy from the K1 accupoint. If you want to read the full details the thread is on the earthing forum here: http://earthingforum.com/does-your-ground-rod-have-stray-voltage-t8.html
    In fact, that whole thread is a discussion on stray voltage and how it affects earthing.

9. scottyc

scottyc New Member

Cosmo - thanks for the info! Yes, Steve mentioned to me the same method for testing and it's on my to do list :).

10. Tanya

Tanya Gold

Nicole, I have and use just about everything that the Earthing website has to offer. When I read here about all that controversy, I immediately discontinued doing that. After awhile, I could really tell what a mistake it was on my part - I was in so much more pain again. So, the sheet, pillowcase, throw (I use it instead of the blanket) are back in my bed - connected to a rod in my backyard.

About the car seat - it was not doing anything for me while i kept it on the seat, but when I placed it on the car floor and kept one foot on it while driving I noticed a huge difference. I also tested myself with the body voltage meter and that was also helpful to see.

One more thing, I've had Magnetico for over 4 years now and I found it helpful, but it alone could not relief me of all that pain and inflammation I was dealing with until I started using the earthing products. Funny thing is, I don't have any choice but to use the outside grounding rod, when we tested our outlets, they were not grounded....

11. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I've had the earthing half sheet for around 2 years, 18 months of that using the house earth via the socket and then I changed to a grounding rod sunk into my front garden. I also have a mat which I use under my computer and put my bare feet on. My experience is a positive one, before earthing my sleep was awful, after using it for a few weeks, it improved a great deal. Most mornings I had ankle pain on rising, this has disappeared completely.

There is an earthing thread on this forum somewhere, it was the reason I signed up, I only found the other stuff after a few visits when I decided to look around.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

I invite you all to join in at the earthing forum as there is a small but growing community that would benefit by your presence :)

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks, I might take another look at this once the ground outside thaws to put a grounding rod in. I will not use my outlets as I have an old house and doubt that is it grounded very well.

14. tellmisty

tellmisty Administrator

This is why it is so important to test and measure things for yourself. n=1!

15. I use an earthing sheet actually a 'fitted' sheet on a queen bed (better than the half sheet). I think it has helped my sleep I notice also I 'like' my bed more kind of a subjective thing but it feels real. I stick the rod in the earth not the socket which I feel more comfortable doing. But one think which I thought was kind of 'funny' and maybe a bit deceptive on the part of the company................they have this 'tester' and supposedly when the sheet is grounded a green light come on on the tester. I used this and sure eneough on ANY other surface it does not light up but bingo on the sheet it does!! Well one day a few weeks ago the gardeners pulled the wire out of the rod by mistake it was completly disconnected from the rod BUT as a lark I thought let me test it now and would you believe it it lit up just as before. So that 'tester' is testing SOMETHING but NOT that it is grounded. Now I found that kind of deceptive as I say. I don't have an explanation of WHAT it is testing. Any ideas anyone?

16. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

Pat, I would test the sheet more with it plugged in to the wall, unplugged, plugged into a self-put grounding rod, etc... Try to get to the bottom of it. Write down your results.

I would also contact the company and ask about that.

That is an oddity to be sure.

17. Well the thing is Cosmo it seems to test ONLY for the 'main wire' being attached (fastened) to the fastener on the sheet. If you unhook those things the light goes out. BUT what I find kind of deceptive is and maybe this was my mis-understanding is the implication is once that little green light goes on it is GROUNDED. I imagined it was some kind of measure of electrical exchange between the sheet and the ground and it is NOT! It is merely telling you it is connected (fastened) and then I wonder how does that work? Like what is the 'electrical exchange' that causes that little green light to go on. And then I'm thinking 'scam' like did they deliberatly do this just to create an 'impression' I don't really know what more testing I can do, if you have a grounding sheet and my impression is you do just unplug it either from the outlet or from the ground itself if that is what you have and then test it..............does the green light still go on? You're right I could contact the company and maybe I will I just don't 'enjoy' doing that kind of thing.

18. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I think you should as a service to all earthing sheet users ;) I didn't order or get a tester so I can't help you. Who did you buy from, I used BEP Technology and I believe there is Groundology who sell products too?

19. Sooperb, the company is called Unikey Health Systems and I got them somehow through Ann Louise Gittleman's book "Zapped" though I don' think they have any connection to her. You are right but I hate embarrasing people or potentially embarrasing them. Irish politeness I guess. But I think I will at some point just not at the minute.............

20. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

where was the wire after the gardener pulled it off the rod? was it on the ground? it might stillhave been grounded! something to test.