1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ealachan's Leptin Reset Saga

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ealachan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. When I say "placebo effect", I don't mean it's imaginary and subsequently full of bollocks. I am not putting it down! The great part about it (they should rename it now that we know more about it) is that in the correct setting, with the correct expectations - "placebo" inclined patients can actually generate physical changes that improve their condition. The demeanor of the practitioner is key - I think it's related to that weird "catching the mood of others positive thing". (on that note, I sorry if you catch my mood today!). It isn't that people simply PERCEIVE changes, they actually have concrete and observable changes in a significant way compared to a double blind control.

I need a new word beside placebo - I think people have a pre-idea that it means "imaginary", which is not what I mean.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Ok, gotcha. And I know exactly what you mean. It's what Jack has been trying to get across to everyone for months now.

Our minds are incredibly powerful (and I'm talking mind, not brain). What we think can become reality. change your thinking, change your life and all that stuff. And yes, I do believe in that.

3. I didn't think of it like that - but what you say sounds spot on. I disagree in one big way with Jack on this though, I don't think it is something that applies across the board to all people. I think this ability is part of the hand we are dealt when our genetic deck is shuffled, and constantly telling the crabby, unenlightened, hopeless and scroogesqe folks to "just meditate", "just give it up to Jesus" is the same as the lifelong athlete and gymrat telling the super obese "you just need to push away from the table and jazzercise".

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I have to agree with this, to a certain extent. I think there's for sure no harm in trying to meditate, trying a religion, trying to eat raw brains...but if it doesn't work for you, then it doesn't, and that doesn't make you an inferior person in any regard. It just means you have to keep digging to find what DOES work for you. There are no silver bullets or golden arrows or platinum...spears? Whatever. You know what I mean. One size shouldn't fit all.

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Sorry, all - really not digging the new forum format at all. I'm going to be taking a break and focusing on some stuff that really needs my attention in real life. Learning a whole new forum set-up is more stress than I'm interested in inflicting upon myself at the moment. If you want to catch up with me, feel free to PM or email me, or check out my blog.

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Well hell.  Your journal is one of the main reasons I stalk the forum.  It's not that difficult to figure out.  come back!!

7. janagram

janagram New Member

Ealachan...if you don't show up as often, we'll miss you, but I understand ...I hate to admit it but I'm not comfy here yet either...I'm sure it just takes time. drop in when you can....with word from the outside world...[​IMG]

8. Calum

Calum New Member

Can I please ask what goggles you are using?

Cal