1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ealachan's Leptin Reset Saga

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ealachan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I already eat grass-fed calf heart regularly. I don't eat it raw yet, working my way up to that. Also upped my CoQ10 when I upped my PQQ.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

smart Shelby!!!......consider Upping you Acetyl- L carnitine, D-Ribose, Mg, and Coenzyme Q10 and watch what happens......I bet even the big O makes its return.......all four increase nitric oxide synthetase which is a potent vasodialator in men and women.......men see the result in the AM. Women beging to notice creatures stirring where there where no sensations before........I call this clitoral/G spot LR syndrome. It is all based on poor energy intermediate generation.

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Good to know, although aside from a couple bad stints on Effexor and Lexapro a few years ago, I've never had problems with the big O. The O and I are long-time friends!

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

EP Journal, Day 240

b: salmon, 6 strips of bacon (I was hungry), two eggs, coffee w/ butter and cocoa

l: not sure

d: also not sure yet

- dinner last night was rapini with lots of garlic and italian sausage, a glass of wine and some chocolate. We ate pretty early (like 4:30), because a) we'd both skipped lunch and b) we were going to bed early anyway. It worked out well, although something we ate made both our guts sing really strange songs for like hours last night...which was amusing, until my husband started farting. ;)

- got to sleep around 9. Slept pretty deeply, though woke up a couple times to the dog whining. Woke up at 4 with no alarm, took husband to work (wearing my blue blockers, of course), came home and went back to bed. Weird sensation when I went back to bed - felt like I couldn't get warm for the longest time. It wasn't even that cold in here, nor was it terribly cold outside. I wasn't shivering, either...just felt chilly, even under the blankets. Weird. Woke up again around 7am with a dog in my face. We went for a quick walk, then came in and had breakfast. Not much in the way of sunshine this morning as it's socked in with clouds, but still nice at about 35 degrees.

- Noticed last night that my belly looked a little different in the mirror so I busted out the tape...and I've lost 2" around my hips / lower gut in like a week, apparently?! I'm going to label it a fluke until it stays that way for a week, I think...hehe.

- have a bit of a headache this morning. About to go fill up the bathtub and sit a spell, now that my big fat breakfast has had some time to settle.

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Just saw a quote on Facebook - it was actually on a black and white picture of men piling out of a boat on the shores of Normandy, and it said "Bravery doesn't mean you aren't scared. It means you go anyway." It brought tears to my eyes.

NOW I'mma go get in the bath tub.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I love that... I'm stealing it...

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

That quote sure sends a message. Will be doing my CT this am too. Thanks for posting it.

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Just got out of the tub. Cold as ****. Here is my data:

oral temp before: 98.1

beg water temp: 54.5

beg skin temp: 88

28 min in, oral temp was 98.7

duration: 35 min

ending oral temp: 99.2

water temp at end: 55

skin temp: 58

oral temp 5 min post: 98.8

Something new and different, possibly because of the slightly colder water: my feet and lower legs went numb about 8-10 min into my soak. Not NUMB like, couldn't feel them, but...numb. Hard to describe. It was sort of like everything got really tight, but not like muscle-cramp tight. Like wearing compression hose kind of tight, if that makes sense. It was odd. It went away a little bit when I started moving my legs around in the water. Also, my lower legs felt really tired when I first got out of the tub, wobbly, like I'd just climbed a steep hill.

I found it interesting that while the water is technically only 2 degrees colder than the last time I did CT, it felt so! much! colder! when I first got in. Not stabby-cold, but just "OMFG THIS SUUUUUCKS" cold for a few minutes, then I was ok. There was a lot of F-word yelling this morning, since no one was home...lol The poor dog sat there in the bathroom doorway looking at me like "bitch, you crazy." and I was somewhat inclined to agree. ;)

9. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You can TALK while you're in the tub? All I can do is gasp for air until I numb up. And our tub is not anywhere near big enough to get all my parts in simultaneously. I can either sit with legs extended or lie back with legs out of the tub. And forget the front parts. The water only comes around my sides leaving the rest out in the air. Lovely mind picture.

I did find yesterday I can't take a lot of cold on my legs and esp not my feet so tomorrow I will wear socks. BUT on my back? meh. No big deal. Must be from all those cold showers I've been taking but I was quite comfy once I got scootched down. Tomorrow I'll try going 10 minutes with legs and feet submerged before I start on my back.

10. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Our tub is the same way. It isn't huge /deep, and I'm both tall AND fat, so it's pretty much impossible to get a whole lot of me under the water. I just sit with my legs stretched out and lean back as much as I can. I will say, though - the first few times I sat in the tub, the water didn't even cover the tops of my thighs when the tub was full. Now it covers the tops of my thighs almost completely and I get some on my belly, too! Progress! :) The cold bothers my feet, too. Sometimes one of my toes goes white and numb, but it always comes back eventually so I figure it's not too big of a deal...just more annoying than anything.

I've also figured out a neat trick - rather than keep having to turn the water on and off as I lose water to the overflow drain, I can just keep the tap running and flip the drain open with my toe as necessary if the tub gets too full. :D

11. Painters tape is awesome! I've had the same tape on the overflow since March.

12. ealachan

ealachan New Member

aha! I'll pick some up. Our overflow is actually pretty good...it doesn't kick in until the water is about half an inch from the top edge of the tub, at least while I'm in it.

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You can also get an overflow drain cover from Amazon for about the same price as the tape. And you and I are almost the same height. I would love a deeper, soaking type tub. But the one I have is the one I have ... to make matters even worse the original owner made it a "sunken" tub. By that I mean he cut a hole in the floor, built a frame below floor level and dropped in the tub. It is a nightmare to try and clean and it also means we'll never replace it. Next owners can deal with it. There's no way to get it OUT of the bathroom let alone down the hall and out the door. It would have to be dropped into the 4' crawl space and left there. Someday the crawl space will be so full of stuff it will move the house off it's foundation, LOL. I think last count there's 2 used water heaters down there along with the current working one. Good thing there's about 1800 square feet or so under there!

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Ugh, sunken tubs are a total nightmare. Ours is just the standard shower / tub combo, but it's old and the seals are coming apart in places, which makes me wonder how much gross mold is accumulating behind the panels. I'd bring it up to my landlady, but I can't even get her to answer my emails and calls about renewing our lease, so I have a feeling it won't go anywhere. She seems to be able to cash my checks in a damn timely fashion, though...*grumble*

15. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Jumping in here, sorry Ealachan.

Can't you duct tape a toilet brush to a broom stick and go at it with comet and lysol? Then there is this dollar tree product called The Works , (use the toilet stuff in the tub) that is better than anything at getting lime scale. Its instant.

(I have rentals and I clean better than anyone I've ever paid. I like doing it because of the instant results. That's my test for folks to get their deposit back. If they clean with those products, then they will get their money back. If I go behind them and get significantly more, they don't. I write up the cleaning deposit agreement that way.)

16. ealachan

ealachan New Member

EP Journal, Day 241

b: salmon, 3 strips bacon, two eggs, coffee w/ cocoa and hwc

l: not sure

d: something to do with shrimp and likely flank steak

- dinner last night was corned beef, cabbage and carrots. I ran out of butter, which sucked, because I hate cooked carrots without butter. Had some 85% dark chocolate for dessert. Hubs has decided that the 85% is not too bitter for him, so I'm psyched and I'm going to buy a whole bunch when I get paid, so that he doesn't have an excuse to go back to the 60% stuff! :D

- went to bed at 10:30, oxy'ed up, zonked out. Woke up when hubs came to bed after the football got done...no idea what time that was. Had a post-nasal-drip throat tickle going on all night so kept waking up coughing, then woke up this morning around 7am with my right eye all watery and gross and the right side of my nose feeling tickle-y and full of snot. Joy! Let's hope I can flush this out before it becomes an issue, because I HATE having a cold.

- I'm off today and hubs works a weird shift - 2pm to 10pm. I'm going to try to get my chores done this morning so that I can laze around and knit all afternoon / evening...hee hee. :)

17. ealachan

ealachan New Member

EP Journal, Day 242

b: two chicken sausages, two eggs, coffee w/ hwc and cocoa

l: tuna, dulse

d: not sure yet

- dinner last night was flank steak spiced with cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper, and rubbed with olive oil and lime juice, then seared off. I cooked some mushrooms and onions in the pan after I seared the meat, so they got a dose of spices, too. Very yummy. Bit of dark chocolate for dessert.

- Went to bed around 10:45, which was kind of stupid, but **** happens. Got woken up in the middle of the night by hubs trying to get some nookie, but I grumbled about wanting to sleep so he left me alone eventually...LOL Woke up at around 6:45, grey and rainy and dark. Hubs walked the dog, then dragged me back in the bedroom for pre-breakfast oxytocin! Apparently sleeping on it didn't solve the problem for him. ;)

- Out of a bunch of stuff I need - good butter, salmon, coconut oil, etc. Glad I get paid tomorrow.

- runny nose I had yesterday had basically disappeared by mid-afternoon yesterday, and hasn't come back...hooray! Right ankle is still kind of swollen / weird, though...not sure where that came from. Boo.

18. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I have a wicked craving all of a sudden for raw red meat. I've had plenty of beef lately and I tend to cook it pretty rare so I dunno what would cause this, but I'm pretty sure I could eat a whole steak totally raw right now and be perfectly happy about it.

And of course all I have for lunch is tuna. About the un-beefiest thing ever. Hmph.

19. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

DH makes a killer raw beef tartar... I'll ask him for the recipe tonight and post it here for you.... I know it has capers in it...

like that's helpful

20. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Beef tartare is usually some combination of beef, capers, onion, Worchestershire sauce and sometimes raw or lightly cooked egg yolk...so the capers make sense, yes! :)