1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ealachan's Leptin Reset Saga

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ealachan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Ealachan's Leptin Reset Saga

Hi All -

Migrated over from the MDA forums.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  2. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Very cool. I love your humor and how discipined you are with the journal. I know If I wrote everything down I would have a better idea about how much I am really eating and what my symptoms are really doing. I was using coconut oil a ton too, but then I read Dr. Kruse saying something about not using it, at least at this time of the year. I guess it stalls weight loss? Maybe someone else can elaborate better?

3. Hotmail

Hotmail New Member

Exactly, this is what I like to do as well. Need an accurate honest journal to document the journey, reflect on it and hopefully learn from my mistakes :)

4. quelsen

quelsen New Member

your breakfasts sound light, can you check the total protein in them and not just the weight of the protein source.

5. hi, i like your journal, you're a funny gal! tomorrow will be better, keep going!

6. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

You go, tomorrow will be good! I did a wheat binge 2 days ago too. Making my BAB even bigger made the next day easy.

7. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Here is what happens when I have a shrimp craving:

[​IMG]

It. was. so. good. Like, tip the plate up to your mouth to get the last of the sauce good. I seriously ate an obscene amount of shrimp tonight, but sweet monkey overlords, it was so awesome. Shrimpgasm FTW.

8. janagram

janagram New Member

Hi, ealachan! Keep up the good work.

Dr. K. says coconut oil anytime of year to fight obesity, but the nonobese should use it seasonally (summer) ....I believe.

9. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Yeah for a purple stick and for being able to walk better with the dog. That's awesome!

10. Lanie

Lanie Silver

You're doing great! I'm enjoying your journal :) I think Dr. K. said cravings for dairy may be your body's way of calling out for vitamin K. Good luck with your journey!

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I had that a week ago! I was puking and running for 5 hrs but that was not all. The following two days, I was stuck in bed with muscle pain, kidney pain and nauseousness beyond belief! Then, it got slowly better but it took me a week to feel normal again!

I hope you feel better soon!

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I did clear broth for two days. Also a lot of herbal tea ...peppermint, chamomile, etc.

13. AmyJ

AmyJ Silver

Wow, so sorry you've been so sick! Seems there has been a lot of that going around the last month or two. I had a co-worker end up in the hospital for dehydration, so be careful. You probably do need a little sugar for your electrolyte balance.

Glad you're feeling better.

14. PaleoSue

PaleoSue New Member

Yikes -- sounds like you've really had a ton of challenges lately. It seems like you've made so many smart choices, that -- I really admire that and your perseverance to get through this illness.

15. quelsen

quelsen New Member

one could say the same about a lot of things.....

Just let it happen

16. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You are not getting enough protein at breakfast. Try using fit day.com as it will help you calculate how much protein you're actually getting.

My BAB (which is about 50g) is usually 5-6oz of grass fed ground chuck, 3 eggs with coconut milk (from the carton, not the can), and a couple of slices of nitrate free bacon.

Bullet proof coffee is great ... an excuse to add more dietary fat is always welcome :) so why are you ditching it? cook your eggs in CO. Now you have both.

OK I'm done with the "lecture." ;P

17. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

According to the good doc you should (there's that nasty word again) be eating between 50-70 g of protein for breakfast. I'd say 50 is minimum. I've seen some amazing changes in the last few months from eating lots of protein. Have you read andy of the Eade's books on protein? Their last one, The 6 week cure for the middle aged middle, really has some good info in it.

And glad you didn't take offense at my lecturing!

I know I tend to come across as tho' everything I say is engraved in stone. It isn't. I'm just highly opinionated. :p

18. quelsen

quelsen New Member

too low

go for 120% fat

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Eat. More. Protein.

Get a bottle of bile acid factors. I had my gall bladder out 17? years ago. First 2 or 3 years were a nightmare. If I ate ANY fat I had better be near a bathroom.

nachos are not on any paleo diet list. cut it out. It's hard to give up the tasty grain stuff but you'll never get where you want to go if you don't.

and I repeat.

Eat. More. Protein.

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

I hear ya! So cut back a little on the fat and eat. more. protein. :)