1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dyspraxia

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Sajid Mahmood, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Hi Jack,

My 6 year old son has been diagnosed with Dyspraxia, a Development Coordination Disorder. He seems to have poor balance and falls over a lot and bumps into other people or kids quite a lot. He can only stand on one leg for 5 or 6 seconds. The doctor said for his age he should be able to stand on one leg for 20 seconds.

Is Dyspraxia curable?

Will increasing seafood help cure the problem?

Thank You

wildperoxin likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Is it curable......I believe so, but will it be easy at a high latitude with dark skin? No, it won't. It requires redox from UV light to expand the growth of the neo-cortex of the brain. This may be your greatest reason as a parent to get the message to migrate.

wildperoxin likes this.
  3. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Planning on moving to Spain. Will increasing seafood help with the problem?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Look at a map and look at the latitude and then look at your skin and haplotype............you can guess your own answer. You might not like what you find

5. drezy

drezy New Member

FWIW @Sajid Mahmood

I grew up at 41ºN (Madrid is 40.4ºN)

Most of my life I was so light that your great grandmother would have just considered me a reflective surface. If she needed more light in a room she could have just told me to stand by the window.

I'm around 29.9ºN now and I've been observing my mitochondrial cohort of 18 individuals including generational peers and offspring of the females who currently still live around 41ºN.

They have many issues, but the alarming part is the issues starting to pop up in the latest generation.

No one could pay me any amount of money to live near that latitude again.

wildperoxin and Sajid Mahmood like this.