1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dylan's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dylan Petkus, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Dylan Petkus

Dylan Petkus Quantum Clinician in Training

Thanks for the tips! Just ordered that charger. Hopefully that does the trick.

I'll be in West Palm Beach starting in June actually! Do you have any quantum health recommended places to live in that area? I was thinking of renting a house with my girlfriend along the key. That way we have really quick access to the beach and it's a relatively low population density area. Thoughts?

2. Dylan Petkus

Well, I'm back on the journal, been in a medical school hiatus. The education (indoctrination) continues. We're in summer classes right now so and I've had some time to return to this material.

It's been cloudy and rainy the past few days here in Key Biscayne (aka the shadow of Miami) so the girlfriend and I went to the beach at noon hoping that things would clear up.

It was like a beach day from God himself.

We listened to the Feb 2016 Webinar with Rubin, Jack and Anthony (the podcast host). The rise in dopamine I had while out there made me realize a few things

-My longstanding anemia is really longstanding poor redox/lack of UV. I've lived in poor UV areas and indoors pretty much my whole life. I used to work out a TON in the fashion that produces singlet oxygen (i.e. indoors). I've also always felt pretty stressed out for whatever reason and leaking unreal amounts of UV light. So I recognize that I really need to focus on upgrading my UV assimilating infrastructure and exposing myself to these environments more.

-My longstanding moderately high ferritin can be explained in a similar fashion as above. It's actually gone down over the years. I believe it has trended from 400 to 250 over a 4 year period. I blame it on the consistent CT.

I've been experimenting with intermittent fasting becuase I think my autophagy needs some help. I think I wrecked my autophagy over years of eating carbs too late in the evening and in the wrong season. Binge nighttime eating while in grad school also put nails in the autophagic coffin. So,
    I've been eating a BAB +/- lunch and doing a quick workout around 4/5 PM.

I haven't slept this great in years. I've been sleeping through the night consistently. I threw in one night of having dinner @5PM. My sleep was wrecked (got up multiple times to pee, random awakenings, etc.). So I think I found a really good hack for myself here.

On another note, I really need to change my picture, it doesn't really jive with anything...

3. Joyfun

Joyfun New Member

Hi Dylan,
    I read all your journal. Thank you for the tip of looking into your LED grow light at sunset. It's so interesting that people will spend over $100 for red light therapy devices when a $5 LED grow light from aliexpress will do. I get the 7 watt LED grow light with approximately 130 LED lights, about 10 are blue. I hope the blue LEDs won't make it bad to use. However, I healed sciatica about 7 years ago with my red/blue LED light from Amazon ($40 - at least it was inexpensive) before I discovered the grow lights work the same.
    Just yesterday I started blending half my vegetable salad as they got so big with all the good stuff I put in them. At lunch, I left the wild caught salmon and a few fermented vegetables out of the blender and put them in after. It makes a delicious green gaspatcho (sorry about the spelling) soup as I refrigerate it before eating. I don't eat tomatoes.
    This kind of soup would be a great place to blend the raw onions, garlic, turmeric, and ginger you wanted to add (July 31, 2017).
    Hang in there and you will be the healthiest doctor that has graduated yet with your knowledge.

4. Dylan Petkus

Joyfun,

Hope I didnt bore you with your ramblings! I would be careful with red led light gazing. Red light activated fibroblasts and can favor fibrosis:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27174640

Have you had the opportunity to listen ot Feb 2016 Webinar? Rubin Salinas talks a bit about how what you buy isn't always what you get in light products. Only way to know for sure is to perform light spectroscopy. Need yourself a cell phone, cardboard, and a CD. (google it! it's a great science project).

I wonder how blenders affect biophotons from food... I've gotten the impression that less processed (that includes chewing) foods are better for you. Have you read the Brain Gut series?

Being a healthy doctor requires a lot of work haha. Especially since I'm in Miami (EMFs for everybody!).

In fact, I've been starting to have some weird vascular and neuro symptoms. I've been having some general "tightness" in my right carotid, maxillary, brachial, and palmar arteries. More recently I've been having some sensations of light, diffuse pressure in my head. Things feel a bit "out of focus" at times too. I'm actually going to try to get an appointment with a neurologists. But I hope I will end up canceling that appointment once I'm out of class from 9-4 everyday. You would not believe the lighting in here. Also, there's 50 students with laptops and cell phones and wi-fi. I suspect I will be fine when I'm out of this classroom (sh*thole).

Ordering the best medicine on earth online right now. Oysters.

5. Joyfun

Joyfun New Member

Hi Dylan,
    How kind of you to reply to me especially with your busy schedule and life to warn me about red light gazing. Good thing I waited to try it as I get out in the sun at 7am in summer, 8am in winter for 10 minutes; 9am for breakfast outside for 30 minutes, noon for 10 minutes with seasonal fruit, 2pm with lunch for 30 minutes. That is my last meal. All meals eaten in the sun except in Winter on a rainy days.

I read the government report on fibrosis on skin that you included. All I know is that I have been using my little red LED grow light on my face and neck to produce
    collagin for 7 years and my youthful skin is the proof. I also use it for any pain or problem I might experience with healing results.

I am curious to know if the effects of blenders on food could be indicated with a GDV camera as compared to unblended food. I just started blending parts of my breakfast and lunch to make a soup with my veg omelet and fermented vegetables floating in it for breakfast, and fresh wild Norwegian salmon and fermented vegetables for lunch floating in the veg soup for lunch. My speculation says it is OK, buy hey, I could be wrong. Only some kind of testing will tell.

Have you looked into sleeping on a Magnetico? Maybe that might help with the strange symptoms you have been experiencing. I sleep on a grounding pad, but my grounding outlet in not connected to the grid giving you "dirty" electricity like in the States. One good feature for living in Israel. That's one reason I am here as it was an EMF hell hole in Fort Collins, CO in the house I lived in.

Eat your oysters in the sun. :):):)

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Dylan Petkus
    Why oysters are the best medicine?

Wonder if you would agree?
    Oysters are bunched with other seafood and I think that may not be good idea.
    Oysters should be studied as a separate category.
    Seafood, normally have lots and lots of EPA and little DHA.
    DHA takes attention and EPA (does the dirty work when in excess) suppresses AA that is also very important to health.

Oysters are the only food (that I know of) that have lots of DHA and little EPA.
    Additionally
    they have lots of (membranes building) phospholipids.

Exploitable Lipids and Fatty Acids in the Invasive Oyster Crassostrea gigas on the French Atlantic Coast

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4926063/

[​IMG]

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. Dylan Petkus

I think the story that you're burying (obscuring with high-lighting an underlining; emphasizing) is that EPA and DHA levels vary dramatically based on where they are harvest and the season. This study is from Europe and I'm in Florida. Not sure how they're different, but I'll bet that the direct implications of this article don't point to the same truth within my context.

Anyway, my fatty acid metabolism is rusty. I just want to check understanding. Are you saying that:

1) EPA suppresses AA metabolism? What do you mean by that? Does it suppress phospholipase A2 that releases AA from the cell membrane and allowing it to enter COX and 5 lipoxygenase pathways? Or does EPA suppress the creation of AA?

I really want your insight on that. Feel free to post a paper or website if unable to type me back

2) EPA is permissive to DHA incorporation into membranes and all downstream effects? How exactly does it accomplish this?

Another discussion is the importance of balanced fatty acids in our membranes. Honestly, without testing, I cannot determine this objectively. I am not willing to do so due to costs. So will the benefits of eating oysters outweigh the risks? I'm convinced that they are.

What would you group oysters with? Is this large DHA:EPA ratio exclusive to oysters? Or all shellfish?

Joyfun likes this.
  9. Dylan Petkus

All to build a community!

I'm sleeping on 20 gauss right now (2 magnetico pads)

An interesting thing I noted is that my urine output at night is much greater than when I sleep without a magnetico... I wonder why...

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

my fatty acid metabolism is rusty
    EPA suppresses AA metabolism? What do you mean by that?

EPA and DHA and some other are Omega3 fatty acids
    AA and other are Omega6 fatty acids

We need each one of them (in the right amount)
    Omega3 as a group is smaller within healthy body.
    Omega6 is larger.

Even small excess of O3 suppresses O6
    O6 does not suppress O3.

That is easy to figure by (proper) testing.

Omega3 have been hijacked and commercialized to the point that some laboratories have standardized (and skewed) advice.

On this board there is discussion about neolithic disease (that happened in force after invention of electricity).
    Many, if not all neolithic diseases present with high excess of Omega3 being present in afflicted peoples.

It would be nice if couple of doctors or future doctors would spend time trying to figure this out.
    =============================

I am testing my fatty acids long long before I have joined this group.
    Always having too much EPA.

This person (for example) have Multiple sclerosis.
    This person do not need more EPA or DHA.
    She already have way too much.

upload_2018-5-30_12-9-59.png

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

LabCorp or Mayo Clinic can do this test (correctly)

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

---------------
    Stay away from any "Indexes" or similar cheats.

---------------

Kennedy/Krieger does even better testing

12. Dylan Petkus

Thanks for the info Janz!

What are the standards for the lipid compositions?

Like a fasting blood glucose less than 100 is our standard because as one exceeds that insulin sensitivity drops off and glycation of hemoglobin accelerates.

So what are the end points of too high or too low fatty acids?

Wouldn't you desire "high" DHA in a low UV yield environment (and vice versa)? I'm just wondering because there are few times when red blood cell membrane lipid composition gets mentioned in medical school besides things like spherocytosis, hemolytic anemia, and other RBC pathologies....

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You ask:
    Wouldn't you desire "high" DHA
    ----------------------------------------------
    Answer:
    sick person often already have too much DHA.
    -------------------------------------------------------------

High would be over high on laboratory range.

In food, high DHA always means even higher EPA.

Even assuming that you are able to separately have high DHA
    it comes at the cost.
    That cost is low AA.

We need not only DHA but also AA.
    ------------------------------------------------------

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To hide fact that person have a high DHA
    laboratories hide it
    by not providing upper range.
    ---
    look at Genova Diagnostics.
    My results 8 years ago
    upload_2018-6-3_11-27-1.png

15. Dylan Petkus

Just finished reading Time 20 and was forced to rethink my situation from above (ferritin too high).

High ferritin + anemia = lack of sunlight. Which sounds about right for my personal history.

The girlfriend and I have been shoveling oysters the past few days. I've also substantially reduced my tech use over the past week and move the bed to a lower RF spot in the house we're staying at. Last thing I've added is a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda at morning and night.

Results? Cognition is much better, I'm a lot calmer. Sleeping through the night.

The best finding so far is the fact that I've only taken in 800 kcal at breakfast (the only meal), but, I'm still improving in workouts and experience very little hunger. It's a new reality for me really. When counting calories and weighing food down to .1 gram to lose weight, I always experience a ton of hunger and fatigue. Now, by maximizing outdoor time, I feel like I'm much more "free" from food than I was before. This is a huge change in thought and physiology for me. Light, cell cycle, metabolism. In that order.

Sheddie likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When listening to June 2018 webinar
    stop at
    50:15
    look at the first pictures I posted on your thread and think why @Jack Kruse said that, then tell me why

person with MS who have 5x over the limit EPA, and 1.5 over the limit DHA, and AA very low,

should eat food with high EPA and DHA content.

////
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  17. Dylan Petkus

Homework accepted. I will get back to you on Sunday... moving and finishing up the semester the next few days.

JanSz likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It is good idea if you could get this DETOXX BOOK
    I was trying to give you link to it, but it is no longer sold from place where I got it.
    Which was this:
    http://www.bodybio.com/Books-s/100.htm
    But I guess it is still being sold but only to registered professionals which I am not:
    https://www.bodybio.com/The-Detoxx-Book-p/rl0250.htm

Wonder what kind changes are made.
    Mu book is 2009 Edition and have four names listed on the bottom.
    The one below have Edward Kane missing.
    Also words: PK PROTOCOL are missing

[​IMG]

https://www.google.com/search?q=DETOXX+BOOK+site:www.bodybio.com&safe=active&client=firefox-b-1-ab&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=FCnIpIrJLnB5NM%3A%2ChfF67JRsuVPTIM%2C_&usg=__5xu2CPz4PPZJAGal8AduA01Jauw=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT4cbBwcbbAhXQtlkKHWoxDQEQ9QEITjAD#imgrc=FCnIpIrJLnB5NM:

--------------------------

upload_2018-6-9_8-6-51.png

------------------------

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  20. Dylan Petkus

Good news. I've learned much more about essential fatty acids/cell membranes/antennae.
    Bad news, I cannot answer your question or add much more to the discussion.

Life has been busy. On a more positive note, we own an aluminum canoe. Absolutely blissful to be out in the middle of the bay. I assume there is less RF radiation on the water. Not willing to bring my meter on a canoe however.

Settling into a new environment is always a time to re-assess your knowledge of environments and how to mitigate them. Right now, I'm settled into an environment that I would give a C (it's a condo complex). I'm settling for this environment because of cost (we live on loans, every dollar spent now is 2+ in 4 years) and medical school (2 more years of school then intern year). Luckily, we've gone from Miami to Palm Beach. So less EMF soup.

Anything we do just increases or slows down time. Luckily my 5 year plan is to finish medical school, participate in residency in a way that doesn't shave a decade off my life, and start an online based revenue stream. Over those 5 years we'll move from Palm Beach to rural Lousiana. The aim in 10 years is equatorial.

Anyway, time for a beach walk in between thunderstorms...

drezy and JanSz like this.