1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dylan's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Dylan J, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Dylan J

Dylan J New Member

Hello all! I am a 26 yr new to the whole Optimal and hoping for some guidance on where to jump in

I got tested a few months back before discovering the whole Dr. Kruse world. (Labs attached)

My understanding from looking at my body, cravings, etc. is I'm currently Leptin Sensitive but I'm not 100% sure. I have been eating a Bulletproof Diet for about 24 months before these labs (Attached). But that whole time included the "safe starch" theory on some nights.

A few notes from the labs/life:
    -The high LDL jumps out at me as a possible infection/leaky gut? (My functional med doc recommended Mag O7 and saccharomyces boulardii which has seemed to help a bit).
    -I still have pretty big reactions to eggs (acne/stomach aches)...autoimmune/leaky gut?
    -I felt terrible when I had 5 or so oysters for the first time last week...autoimmune/leaky gut?
    -These labs were taken about 4 months after moving from Maine(near a power line) to a Washington DC highrise so may have traded one poor EMF for another. Less ppl in maine though and cleaner water.
    -I still have acne
    -I am radically effected in a positive way if I supplement with Gaba and 5-HTP. Anxiety decreases and Mood increases...making me think maybe not as leptin sensitive as I think.

My question is what prescription to tackle first?

As of writing this, I am moving back to maine in a week or so and looking to take my first steps towards optimal.

Thank you!

-Dylan

Attached Files: