1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dutch test results input needed

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Jmack, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Jmack

Jmack Gold

Received my test results back and am looking for input on how to improve myself.

Dutch Test

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Jmack
    Statesboro latitude ... is 32.3835
    -------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    ==============================================

Ok, you are missing a lot.
    First, you are missing on cortisol.
    Human can live (for a while) without lots of stuff
    but not
    without cortisol
    body steals everything to just get little cortisol.
    Most likely that is why your
    DHEAs
    pregnenolone
    and
    progesterone are low

To say it as we say on this @Jack Kruse board
    Your CIRCADIAN RHYTHM stinks.
    You must be missing a lots on sunlight even when you have rather plenty of it just outside.

When you look at the top chart (on cortisol) from your report,
    think of the area under your actual cortisol levels,
    and
    the area you should have if your cortisol would follow the top line
    you would see that you are living on less than 1/3 of you should have for a good living.
    That is why your report says that you told them
    that you are fatigued afternoon and evening (but not morning)
    your cortisol stores are poor.
    Your sleeping habits likely need improvement, look at your low melatonin.

The best way to deal with this problem is to follow (sun=day) (no sun=night) cycle.
    You are living on decent latitude, have plenty of natural light available, use it.
    Avoid light powered by electricity.

I am not sure if it is a time to think of supplementation.
    But what comes to mind is
    some small amounts of DHEA pills
    and
    pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology.

DHEA dose would have to be modified so you would not create excessive E1, E2 or E3
    they are at relatively god levels now.

Pregnenolone dose would have to be modified so you would
    raise your low progesterone and improve cortisol
    depending on your response either progesterone or cortisol will limit your long term pregnenolone dose.
    (Your low progesterone is likely the reason that you are complaining of extrogen excess)
    Actually your current estrogens are reasonable but progesterone (and cortisol) are low.

At this time your Vit D levels are unknown.
    If you would follow and use your available sunlight
    you may gauge your compliance by not only following your resultant cortisol levels but also vit D levels.

vit D level goal is:
    Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)

------------
    Your TotalTestosterone is low
    your 5a-DHT is high
    5aR is working overtime relatively to 5bR
    you are reporting
    significant symptoms of androgen deficiency
    that is not specific
    With low testosterone I would expect you to have problems building muscles or exercising
    with high 5a-DHT I would expect you to have reasonable sex capabilities.
    Which is it?

It would be a good idea to figure out why your testosterone is low.
    Testosterone in men is made mostly in testicles.
    For testicles to work:
    they have to be in good shape
    and
    need LH hormone to tell them to produce testosterone
    and
    need FSH hormone to tell them to produce sperm
    Lack of ability to make testosterone is called primary reason
    Lack LH or FSH is called secondary.
    Lack of LH and or FSH may indicate pituitary problems.
    Pituitary problems may be due to adenomas (to figure this out pituitary MRI is used)
    but more commonly problems are due to pituitary damage (hit to the head, playing football, etc)

Other that changing your life in major way so you would follow
    Circadian Rhythm
    as nature intended
    you may want to do some additional testing.
    I do mine once or twice a year as shown on this thread:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199717
    and
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-5#post-210075
    note that I am highly fond of this line

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

It guides me on my eating habits and if I want to eat seafood.

also this may be used as (far from ideal) crutch
    Artificial lighting management for a human locked in small room.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Jmack likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy New Member

^^^ Talk about being put on the spot.

FWIW every time I walk away from a session my wife says "eh, reasonable..." so my 5a-DHT must be right in the middle of the bell curve Jan.

Jmack and JanSz like this.
  4. Jmack

Jmack Gold

@JanSz Thank you so much for your input. I'm new to all this I just knew I didn't feel right the past few months. My sleep is horrible for the past 8 months I have been living in town (although extremely small). The street lights are horrendous outside of house. I have to sleep with a mask on and also have to wear tru dark glasses during the dark. I workout outside nearly every morning to try and get am sunlight. All this will change in 5-6 months as we are building a house on 100 acre farm and are living in a between house for now. I work in an office nearly all day under horrible lights, I'm trying to figure out how best to hack this currently. You are correct my sex capabilities are 100% it's my exercise and muscle building where I'm really struggling. I developed slight gynecomastia about 3 years ago with a lump in my right breast. My sperm was checked about 3 years ago when my wife was trying to get pregnant and my sperm count was above average in all analysis. I've had some trauma to my testicles when I was younger from sports, martial arts, etc... I've had a few possible concussions but never been checked out. I thank you for your time again!

5. drezy

drezy New Member

My wife had sleep issues for as long as I've known her. It's hard to bring your best self to family interactions when you don't sleep. Worse yet during weekdays often you get home in the evening and are bringing a MORE tired version to the domestic scene. About 5 weeks into light hygiene and cold tubbing it my wife hit a tipping point where the number of bad sleep nights per week became less than good sleep nights until now once in maybe 2.5 weeks she'll have a bad night. Now she usually can trace those nights back to an environmental change or bad decision she made that day.

It sounds like you've got a grasp of some the factors. Did the horrible sleep start around the time of your move?

Since your home is partially finished you may want to find a good nnemf engineer.

Other things I wish I'd done from the beginning in my house:
    Ethernet cables instead of wifi
    Metal roof
    Electrical shut off switch in my bedroom
    outlets NOT at each side of the head of the bed
    A little sun room for my cold tub (which combined with good light fixed my wife's decades long sleeping disorder)

@Scompy 's post here is instructive.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/scompys-journal.16641/page-43#post-209263
    In fact If I were you I'd click on scompy's profile image and hit follow here and now.

related link
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/seasonal-decline-in-health.8582/

Do you have access to a decent tri-meter so you can view your environment better? Would you be interested in borrowing one? My meter is currently in Bucks County PA and can as easily be shipped to you instead of coming home to Texas.

BTW 100 Acre property Nice!

Jmack likes this.
  6. Jmack

Jmack Gold

@drezy I've suffered from sleep issues forever it seems like off and on. Since moving though I wake up earlier and have trouble falling back to sleep. I did deep CT last year but since moving I don't have a proper set up. I'm going ethernet fully wired house, I will have wifi for guests, planning on cutoffs in bedrooms, and financially a metal roof is out for now. Provisions are being made for an outdoor CT tub. I don't have a tri-meter and would greatly appreciate borrowing one, I do have greenwave filters installed in house and my office.

7. drezy

drezy New Member

Blue blockers?

Naked or tan through whole body sun exposure much?

Jmack likes this.
  8. Jmack

Jmack Gold

9. drezy

drezy New Member

Nice.

With 100 acres in your future it should be easy peasy to get your junk in the sun. Also during sun maybe consider a coconut oil + lugols infusion that my son and I call "Lugols on Balls" in my household.

Jmack likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The street lights are horrendous outside of house. I have to sleep with a mask on and also have to wear tru dark glasses during the dark.
    ------------------------------------

You should have a tight window curtains that would stop 100% of street lights.
    Sleep mask works on eyes only.
    Our skin is also light sensitive.

==================================

@drezy

@Jmack
    was tested and found to have low melatonin.
    I do not remember @Jack Kruse discussions that I could recommend here for raising melatonin,
    other that heavy duty and timely light exposure.
    Do you?

And we are not supposed to supplement melatonin.

///

Melatonin, also known as N-acetyl-5-methoxy tryptamine, is a hormone that is produced by the pineal gland in animals and regulates sleep and wakefulness

11. drezy

drezy New Member

12. drezy

drezy New Member

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Nice one thanks.
    @drezy
    Not sure if it would fit into this thread, but I will ask you anyway.
    Have you came across discussions with @Jack Kruse on case like this:

How heavy sun user who was born with type #1 diabetes
    can improve his/her compliance with Jack's teachings?

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@drezy
    one more
    that podcast above that you posted
    made me realize that in mine:
    Artificial lighting management for a human locked in small room.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4
    one light should be added
    to allow for gradual increase in light intensity
    Before ExoTerra Solar Glow 160W is turned on
    some kind similar light of similar composition but lower intensity should be added.
    This is when Jack talks about gradual increase from about 1500 K to over 5000k sunlight intensity at around 20:00 time

Any idea for that kind of light:
    I am thinking of low brightness old fashion incandescent light bulbs.
    They could be put on for a 5-10 minutes as the very first light after end of sleeping.
    In addition turning on Red Sperti for a 5 minutes and being at the distance from it, going on about one's daily routine may also be added. (UVa & UVb turns off melatonin production, time 21:0).

Jack have a K haplotype (34:00)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  15. drezy

drezy New Member

JanSz likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy New Member

My disclaimer upfront: After absorbing more and more of the science Jack points out, I've become really humble out all this. I think each time you attempt to emulate what otherwise could be true coupling in a system you inevitably will create a different uncoupling.

All that said, I'll imagine some prisoner locked in a room against his will. Few meet that qualification. If I were that person I'd request an incandescent light or 3 and a rheostat (aka no PWM) dimmer. What uncoupling would I still be hammering myself with? Flicker from the AC line....

Doc Wunsch mentions low power DC lamps. If they had rheostat (resistive/passive) dimmers that would be better. Nobody wants to use rheostats/resistive dimmers because they literally "waste" energy to dim your light and we're all eco-warriors now. Bad news, this system if plugged in and running on an AC to DC transformer would still have something called ripple voltage. Better than flicker but still like baby flicker.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

About flicker effect.
    Fluorescent lamps are known for their flicker effect.
    Incandescent lamps, hot wire gives off light, no flicker.
    2 Questions
    Mercury lamps, like ExoTerra Solar Glow 160W does it flicker??
    Can it be dimmed?

---------
    Practically, when thinking about gradual increase of light intensity
    personally, I think I have it covered, at least during warm half of the year
    when I get up at 6am, open curtains, there is already daylight to look at,
    so when I go outside, barefoot for my 5 minutes, I see unadulterated light.
    Not so in winter time.

18. drezy

drezy New Member

Better than other lights? Sure.
    I beg to differ though on the flicker statement.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Incandescent lamps are allowed by Jack, IIRC, but apparently not as good as I thought.

Now, what about
    Mercury lamps, like ExoTerra Solar Glow 160W does it flicker??
    Can it be dimmed?

drezy likes this.
  20. drezy

drezy New Member

Jan, I'm just trying to set the record straight not trying to pick knits. Just want you to know that.

My own understanding:
    Are mercury light dimmable?
    Technically yes, but most of the ways to dim them damage them.