1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dulse seaweed tossed with smoked bacon

Discussion in 'Winter Paleo Recipes' started by Sun Disciple, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Damn this was simple yet sinister. Fry up some smoked bacon and toss it in a bowl with celtic sea salt Fresh chewy dulse seaweed and all the grease in the pan. Tasted like smoked bacon potato chips.

2. drezy

drezy Gold

MMMmmmmmmm

3. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I am embarrassingly unschooled on seaweed. Where’s the best place to start? I always order dishes with it when available, but in Central PA it’s a rarity outside of the two mediocre sushi joints.

Does dried retain the benefits? How long does fresh last?

I’m thinking of placing an order here. Decent value?

https://theseaweedman.com/

More Epi-Paleo recipes welcomed, please. :glasses:

4. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Its a little bit more expensive than what I get in canada as far as dulse but it is top qaulity. I would get it from this source if I didnt get dinged with border charges to canada.

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Michalis

Michalis New Member

I find that the easiest way to consume seaweed is in bone broth..Hijiki+Kelp+Dulse+ Arame.. Just sprinkle then in... It has become a staple and locked in every morning.. Boiled fish (10/15 mins) in broth + seaweeds + lime + cillantro + dill + onion + good fats. Cook a massive batch of broth and use it through the week. Preparation time in the morning less than 20 mins.

Phosphene, Antonis and WalterNL like this.