1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dry wrinkly hands

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Nrelax11, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

So I usually get dry during the winter and I already get dandruff in places like my eyebrows and sideburns, but this winter I seem to be extra dry and wrinkly in my hands. I have never had this before and moisturizing hasn't been helping it completely. I've been trying to stay hydrated as possible, but i am a very stressed out person do to my OCD, and all that stress cannot be good for me and I feel like its finally taking a toll on me. Any ideas on helping with the wrinkly hands? Thank you!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Maybe lots of seafood? A high animal fat diet? Eggyolks, enough of all the vit B? That might help if you are not already doing it.
    Is the air inside your living and sleeping space very dry? Might also add to the issue.

I get that sometimes too.. Maybe because of work, but I feel not only that. I am not really sure why yet.. I have not been paying too much attention...
    To help it I use a scrub/peeling of mineral salt mix and honey, and add in some H2O2 and scrub and massage my hands with it for a while, rinse with water and put on coconut or olive oil. At least makes hands smooth for a while again ;)
    but if you work a lot with your hands, and also outside in cold weather.. it might dry hands out and they get wrinkly.

3. I had this like crazy this winter - I think mine just got chapped whilst standing in cold fields waiting for the sun. Try using some olive oil as a moisturiser

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Have you guys checked your ferritine levels? I recently learned that too much iron in the body can accumulate in the skin and oxidizes there with sun and you get way more wrinkly :eek:
    Now I know the reason, in my case...... :oops:
    Just get some ferritine bloodtest if you do not have it. A great thing to rule out at least.

Olive oil might indeed be great! At least taken as food, it helps not assimilate too much iron from the diet....
    I have used coconut oil on my skin lately but now, since learning I have too much iron, changed to olive oil inside and outside ;) :)

Matt Fowler likes this.
  5. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Winter conditions can be really hard on skin, even if you don't have to be outside in the elements much. Some of this skin effect is due to very low air humidity in cold climes. Sometimes it feels like the plump moistness is literally sucked out of our skin.

Crepey skin (tiny flat wrinkles on loose skin that resemble crepe paper-- which may or may not be what you are experiencing) is often associated with aging, but that is not always the case.

Check out this little article from Cleveland Clinic (which points the finger again at sun exposure breaking down elastin in skin):

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/whats-causing-your-crepey-skin-and-how-can-you-fix-it/

JanSz and Matt Fowler like this.
  6. Oh, wow, thats interesting. I didnt know ferritin levels could have that effect - I'll look into getting a test because Ive had really dry skin from the age of about 20 :rolleyes:

I like coconut oil too, I use it on my hair once a month, its great :)

My hands were so dry a couple of weeks ago they were starting to crack and bleed, I looked like I had some serious eczema going on. Then I used olive oil twice to moisturise and they were healed within a week. Amazing stuff :)

7. Saichi

Saichi New Member

My hands used to crack and bleed and my lips severely chapped in wintertime 10% humidity for many years. This was the first winter not only did I not have to use any shea butter nor chapstick, my hands and lips stay perfectly moist in 20 deg faren 10% humidity. This was the first winter I've mitigated RF.

Pretty much all of my health issues were solved by mitigating RF and BL.

Tara.P and Matt Fowler like this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

@Saichi, nnEMF dehydrates, that is for sure :)

@Matt Fowler,
    if your genes are nordic it would be really good to have a ferritin/transferrin test. I am doing some hacks with it and following up with bloodtest. It is really interesting...quitea rabbit hole to go down huh! I have learned so much new stuff. I guess no one wants to have too much iron accumulated in the nnEMF soup we are bathing in ;)
    Good if you can escape it, but if you have to work, it will be hard. So we need to do our best on every level :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Matt Fowler likes this.
  9. How did you mitigate RF? Can you give us a run-down? I cant see any way to do it bar moving to a wilderness

10. I do have some nordic genes - my father's, father's family have been traced back to Norway. I also have lots of celtic but I have 1/16th Cantonese too which probably confuses things at a biological level. Im deffo gonna get a blood test for ferritin. Im sure I have had them in the past, but NHS Dr.s rarely tell you the actual results - they just say they were within the normal range or low/high.

Im not working at the moment because of my condition but I was a tattooist for yen years working in a highly bluelit environment with lots of wifi. Not gooooood :tears:

Hows the nnEMF where you are? are you rural? or corralled in a city-zoo they call paradise? :D

11. Saichi

Saichi New Member

ElectricUniverse posted a Mercola interview that explains.

I'm a life long academic and I had the privilege of growing up without a cell phone but when you and other young posters come to this forum and ask basic questions without studying some of the content already posted here, it comes across as if you really don't care about your health. Or worse that someone else is going to spoon feed you your health.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Matt Fowler likes this.
  12. Ill try and find it, thank you :thumbsup:

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Wow , so great that you changed work environment :) :)

I live in a small town with 400 people, celltowers are 2 km away. So pretty good here :). I live in a apartment in a house so here are 3 families so I do get some wifi from my neighbors, but my meter show all green so I guess I am pretty lucky :)
    I do feel good here and sleep great :) And I have a horse barn I can sleep in if I start to feel bad ;) and the woods close by where I can sleep too if I need some extra healing :)

My workplace is a restaurant by the shore/oyster beach, no other houses around, very remote. I love that. I am waitressing a lot outside in the summer months :)

Matt Fowler likes this.
  14. Sounds like you're in a perfect location what with the horse barn and woods :) Do you really sleep out there sometimes? I used to sleep in the woods as a teenager - no tent, just a massive fire. Problem is nowadays, if you light a fire at night here (even though its not illegal) the authorities come out and hover around in a helicopter - happened to me last year :eek::eek:

Which meter do you have? I have a cornet plus but Im in the market for something more reliable :)

The oyster beach sounds very Idyllic :)

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Some of this skin effect is due to very low air humidity in cold climes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recommended humidity is (35-55)%
    -------------
    Heated houses have very low humidity, much below the above numbers.
    When I was replacing my AC/heat system I asked for the best humidifier available.
    Turns out it was a joke.
    To get the desired humidity in my house I need to add 10-15 gallons of water daily.

I am still looking for a suitable humidifier to run on my ducted heating system.
    I decided that I would put the RO water system in front of it to keep it clean.

Any ideas?

Matt Fowler and ElectricUniverse like this.
  16. Saichi

Saichi New Member

False!

Matt Fowler likes this.