1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dry Mouth

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by seanb4, Dec 28, 2015.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

This problem has plagued me for years, I assumed if my health / gastroparesis got better, so would it, however this hasn't been the case.

It doesn't get better with fluid intake but actually maybe worse making me think possible electrolyte issue. It means I have to speak in short sentences and avoid the letter "s" at most times. It also gets worse with CT (ADH issue?) and is present high carb and low carb...

I have recently started taking a total of 1.5 tbsp of Low Salt per day with meals to see if the increased potassium helps (roughly 3g elemental potassium and 1g sodium) and will keep this thread updated. Anyone know roughly how long it would take to get potassium back up? I know it's absorbed easy but it's how well it can get into cells...

Maybe my body is just not hydrating well. I have noticed great improvements in all areas since adding IR / UV except this one. What could be causing it?

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Sean, are you on any prescription meds that may have dry mouth as a side effect?

Many moons ago I got dry mouth from Paxil and it was at a very low dosage.

Just a thought... If you are on anything prescription look up the side effects.

seanb4 likes this.
  3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

No meds. I've looked at the causes of dry mouth as well, others are
    Non of these are me. I know diabetics have hydration problems so that's my only link here...

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Tagging on that I have aversion to salt as well. I put this down to too much salt in foods and not enough k+ but I have only just now looked into it and it appears aversion to salt could indicate salt is too low...

5. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

Have you been tested for Sjogren's?

Might consider adding antibodies SSA and SSB to your next blood panel, just for fun.

6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hey, Grace.

No I have not. I have recently purchased a lotta lights so can't afford blood tests.

It could be antibodies have developed since I got ill (as dry mouth was not a problem before) but I should think as the rest of my health (immunity) gets better, that should get bettter yet this has not been the case...

7. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

Another thought--does your mouth open when you sleep?

Took me a while to figure out that this was contributing to dry mouth.

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I'm not sure but I don't think so. I'm considering that the ADH is responsible. I have to pee at night and I always have dry mouth next morning. My hair is also very dry but slightly improves in hydration/quality as the day progresses.

When I CT I pee a lot after and my dry mouth is notably worse. CT affects ADH but I thought this only happens for a short while due to rewiring.

To fix ADH I would need good water, iodine, dha, and UV in the eye. I get all these things yet it hasnt got any better...

Supplementing with low salt (potassium) over the last week has helped very slighty. Maybe it is the salt in it that is helping. I could be low on salt as I have aversion to salt and that is one of the symptoms, anyway I'm going to have a lot of salt today and see...

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Supplementing with salt / potassium has not worked. I have to think of something else...

Will try carb loading with UV tomorrow, see if that helps...

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Carb loading hasn't seemed to work.

Here is what I shall look into next:
    -Increased Metabolism. Could be using up certain things in saliva? CT increases metabolism...
    -Calcium. Too much calcium seems to cause dry mouth, calcium is in my magnesium supp but not a lot from diet, calcium efflux a problem?
    -Parathyroid. Similar to above.
    -Oral Thrush. It's caused by dry mouth but could it also cause it?
    -Autoimmune. Sjorgens? Would seem to only be affecting mouth and not eyes (although eyes do get blood shot easy...)

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

dry mouth is from a lack of parasympathetic drive........low UV and no dopamine.

seanb4 likes this.
  12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Excellent. Thanks!