1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dry-eyes upon waking...due to Lasik?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Joeakim, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Joeakim

Joeakim Learn-Grow-Share!

Hey folks,

Shortly after my Lasik surgery 10 years ago(?), I started waking up with very dry eyes.
    When complained during follow ups, they gave me very little info but advised me to use eye drops.
    So for years and even currently I use Refresh upon waking. For a while, I thought it was
    the ceiling fan in the bedroom but my dry eyes persisted when the ceiling fan was off.

Two questions: 1. Due to my lasik, am I not getting the full spectrum UVA/UVB rays?

2. Any advise on what or how to better my dry eyes? At some point I thought it
    was a hormonal issue.

Thanks

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

3. Joeakim

Joeakim Learn-Grow-Share!

Thanks Lahelada!

I've read that before, and after reading for another time, I am still confused or not totally understand the damage it may have caused for light absorption.

I still have corks in my tear ducts to prevent tears from draining. Still, dry eyes continue.

Luckily, unlike some of the friends who did Lasik in same period who now wears glasses again due to regression, I still have 20/20.

I do wear readers now. It's annoying as heck. Can't fight mother nature! Or is it something that I can do?