1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

DRINKING WATER AND THIRST DRIVE ARE DISCONNECTED in 1G-5G environments.

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Using electron released from NADH and FADH2 produced in the TCA cycle, a proton gradient is generated across the mitochondrial inner membrane via the electron-transport chain, which results in the generation of mitochondrial membrane potential (ΔΨ). To assess the ΔΨ, researchers have quantified the ratio (red to green) of average mitochondrial fluorescence intensity of 5, 5′, 6, 6′-terachloro-1, 1′, 3, 3′-tetraethylbenzimidazolylcarbocyanine iodide (JC-1) per cells in Mrs2 KD HeLa cells. It turns out that the red-to-green ratio of JC-1 fluorescence, indicated the mitochondrial inner membrane potential, was lower than control cells. This result has suggested the mitochondrial Mg2+ uptake through MRS2 is crucial for maintaining the ΔΨ. Anything that slows the substrate cycling through the distal TCA intermediates also will slow Mg2+ flow through the cytosol into the matrix via the MRS2 Mg2+ transporter. Deuterium is just one thing capable of doing this. Dehydration of cytosolic water is another. Since Mg2+ mode of action is heavily dependant on being hydrophilic, drinking water can never be an unwise thing when matrix function is disrupted. Anyone who says otherwise is just not as wise as they should be.

Lowering Mg2+ changes coupling rates in the matrix via MRS2 FYI. Calcium efflux or influx controls this process.

I'm not married to any dogma......just to the science that reveals the truth to me about my world and my biology.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

DRINKING WATER AND THIRST DRIVE ARE DISCONNECTED
    If thirst and hydration are divorced how to gauge how much to drink?

osmolality ?? not really practical

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21089176
    Is specific gravity a good estimate of urine osmolality?

study demonstrated that USG obtained by both reagent strip and refractometry had a correlation of approximately 0.75 with urine osmolality.
    USG can be checked many times a day, quickly.

3. kris90

kris90 New Member

This is why I drink as much ice water as I possibly can everyday with lots of salt, irregardless of actual sense of thirst.

I feel the positive effects on my mitochondria: decreased hunger, increased fat burning and sense of wellbeing, internal cooling, energy etc.

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I get that water is good, salt is good and mg is good. I also understood that previously we said that water and salt were to be kept apart as salt in water limits charge separation. Have I missed a turn in the journey?

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Would love to get more information about @Benjamin Stone
    half liter a day kind of guy
    --------------------------------------------------------
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/aussies-and-the-donut-hole.8115/page-21#post-255816

======================================
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-free-water.20554/page-21#post-256605
    upload_2019-8-6_10-40-51.png

==================================================================
    ====================================================================
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-free-water.20554/page-18#post-255850

=========================================================================
    @Jack Kruse said:
    Water fasts increase total body water and deplete deuterium in the matrix to affect some key pathways in the cell, namely glutathione.......
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ool-from-the-eastern-block.12061/#post-238682
    =========================
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-free-water.20554/page-17#post-255823
    =========================

7. kris90

kris90 New Member

I don't have a solid answer for you, but I think that effect is miniscule if you using red light from the sun wisely.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-free-water.20554/page-17#post-255823

The water content of raw animal food may be underappreciated.

I started cooking Sous Vide pork bellies.
    There is a lot of water in the end.
    Nice sauce, but still water, possibly close to 10%.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I drink a lot of my cold acidic well water but have started adding a pinch of baking soda since I’m afraid it’s eroding my tooth enamel. Good idea?

I don’t like the taste but I’d prefer to keep my teeth.

drezy likes this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

Do you know the pH of your well water? Wondering why it would be acidic.

11. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I don’t remember exactly but it was tested about 6 years ago by a plumber who came to replace a copper pipe that had actually eroded through and was leaking. The pH was very low and he recommended a typical whole house water treatment system. I got bogged down in researching alternatives and then my health took a dive and it never got done. There are green copper stains in the sinks again so it’s probably a time bomb for the pipes leaking again. I’ll grab a test kit next time I’m out.

I was also sipping on apple cider vinegar water all day long back then, and probably should have added the baking soda to help neutralize.

I add lemon/lime occasionally now which of course just makes it more acidic.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

The shale and coal content of your ground will contribute to produce sulfides. I remember the soil there like it was yesterday.

Cindy Domitrovits and Phosphene like this.
  13. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

I’m curious about the mineral (and whatever else) content as well. Glassware and faucets are clear so it’s not particularly ‘hard’ water. Tastes, smells and feels fantastic.

Is there a recommended home test kit for deeper analysis?

14. kris90

kris90 New Member

I had my well water tested locally. I think I paid less than $100. Not sure of any DIY kits but I'm sure you could find some for a basic analysis, not sure about a more in-depth one though.

15. If you take a bottle of water from your tap to a hot tub/spa store, they can test it free to give you chemical treatment recommendations. Should give mineral content.

I am sceptical about changing body ph with drinking water. I can take a five gallon bucket of water and change the ph from acid to basic and back to acid with a few drops of acid or base. If i pour that bucket of acidic or alkaline water into a container of soil, it will have little effect on soil ph because all the minerals in the soil buffer ph change. If i want to change the ph of the soil, im better off adjusting calcium,magnesium, sulfur,potassium, sodium, colliods and other minerals in the soil.

16. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Alex97232 likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here is a test of your experts........why is it that human can die if they do not have water to drink in three days but there are some out there telling the public not to drink any water?

Might it support their business model best?

New summer blog out: Do you know about all the anomalies in water? Do you know water has the remarkable property of being more compressible in winter than in summer? Did you know this is tied to a deuterium effect that we can use to measure and see deuterium effects in the matrix of mitochondria? These are things people do not talk about much less understand. This is the path the Black Swan follows.
    As (supercooled) cold liquid water is heated individual molecules shrink, bulk water shrinks and becomes less easy to compress, its refractive index increases, the speed of sound within it increases, gases become less soluble and it is easier to heat and conducts heat better. In contrast, as hot liquid water is heated it expands, it becomes easier to compress, its' refractive index reduces, the speed of sound within it decreases, gases become more soluble, it is harder to heat, and it is a poorer conductor of heat. With increasing pressure, individual molecules expand, cold water molecules move faster but hot water molecules move slower. Hot water freezes faster than cold water and ice melts when compressed except at high pressures when liquid water freezes when compressed. Did any of your deuterium experts know this?
    If not, why not?
    Who are you letting pack your parachute folks?
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/28399864
    [​IMG]

Brent Patrick likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

there was no any
    there was 250cc/day
    --------------------------------------
    How about inviting him to Playa del Carmen (or Farm)
    put him outside (under umbrella)
    give him
    250cc water/day (DDW or RO from Costco)
    and
    all the lard and olive oil
    and watch him closely for a week or two.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Water ionizes easily and allows easy proton exchange between molecules, so contributing to the richness of the ionic interactions in biology. It easily picks up positive charge when brushing against all materials tested except for air where it picks up a negative charge. Do your water experts know this? How does deuterium affect these results? do you experts know this?
    A remarkable property of pure water is that it dissociates to form hydrogen ions (H3O+) and hydroxide (OH-) ions.
    Heavy water, D2O, self-ionizes LESS than normal water, H2O.
    This is attributed to oxygen forming a slightly stronger bond to deuterium because of the larger mass of deuterium results in lower zero-point energy, a quantum mechanical effect analogous to the kinetic isotope effect of the isotope but it is not direct as the water biochemists would have like you to believe.
    For example: Water dissociation occurs endothermically due to electric field fluctuations between neighboring molecules. Dipole librations, resulting from thermal effects and favorable localized hydrogen bonding, together with nuclear quantum effects, cause these fluctuations. The process may be facilitated by exciting the O-H stretch overtone vibration. Do you think your water experts know all about these quantum effects?
    Nuclear quantum effects concern the different energies of the vibrational states. The bonds involving the deuterium atom (being about twice as heavy as the protium atom) vibrate with less amplitude and frequency. Nuclear quantum effects are seen particularly in differences in their zero-point energy; the vibrational energy that remains at close to absolute zero.

Did you know that deuterium content of water affects its pH? The effect is small = non-linear effect in the living state. Where the solution contains significant amounts of heavy water (D2O) the measured pH will differ slightly from that expected from the sum of the amounts of the protonated species H3O^+ + H2DO^+ + HD2O^+ + D3O^+
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030438861630002XT.

JanSz, Antonis and Brent Patrick like this.