1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Drinking Salt Water - Jeepers - LIFE force is back again !!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Jackie Nelson, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

I follow most of Dr. Kruses suggestions and love them, but have been through loads of stress in past
    few months (losing my RN job because I told our breast feeding cleaning lady not to get the jab !) ... then being reported to the Nursing Council etc etc.

Anyways, have been feeling really tired and old (am 65) ... not normal, at all ... and can only describe my brain as feeling like it's literally SHRINKING ... very depressing. But I started drinking much more water and putting just a small amount of salt in it (and a dash of stevia ... I like the taste).

AND WOW WOW WOW ... feel like I have my energy and life back again ... went for a run this morning ... and brain doesn't have that horrid shrinking feeling anymore. It's only been a few days, and not sure what's happening but it's great! When sick we're told to drink warm chicken soup, which is basically salty water. Weird thing is that I did use a fair bit of salt on food before doing this. Like everything, I suppose it's all about balance.

And obviously, drinking seawater can be dangerous or deadly ... or drinking too much salty water must certainly be unwise too. So DON'T OVERDO ANYTHING! So far, I've only put less than half a teaspoon in a large mug of warm water. At present, it's helping.

Really appreciate anyone commenting on this. Does anyone else here do this?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    Richard Watson and Alex97232 like this.
  2. DLO

DLO StarFish

Uh thats why jack says go to the beach when the waves break your inhaling saline.
    I bet your bun/creatinine ratio sucks.

caroline likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

After 50 years of GERD and about 40 years of sleeping in hospital type of bed,
    I am finally able to sleep on the flat bet, no GERD.

Potassium bicarbonate

Jackie Nelson likes this.
  4. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Richard Watson likes this.
  5. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

I dont understand what makes the difference between salt on food or in water

caroline, Jackie Nelson and Dan2 like this.
  6. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

If I ingest any amount of salt regularly every day. It seems that it accumulates and makes me feel sick. The only way I have to remedy this is to drink shit ton of water to flush out the salt.

In the past not having any salt, my cognition would start declining dramatically after just 3 days.

Last week I was able to go 5 days without salt.

Now I am at 61 hours of fasting, only drinking spring water.
    And I haven't had any salt for at least 4 days, feeling completely fine without any salt, went weight lifting and performed just as well as I did after having salt.

Less than 3 years ago I had to use salt to enable me to fast for more than half a day. Now cutting the salt out leads to me fasting longer and more effortlessly than ever before.

For a year I reintroduced carbs to my diet, I was putting sugar in water and drinking it, carbs also made me more thirsty. I initially attributed the benefits I got to carbs. But when I cut down the carbs and increase my water intake I still get the same benefits.
    I started reducing my salt and making sure to drink enough water and also the benefits I thought were coming from salt are mostly there by just drinking water.

There are bunch of sources saying we need 1tps - 2tsp of salt each day. For me even 1/4tsp seems excessive taken daily. I can have 1/4th teaspoon but I won't be having any more for a few days after that.

Without salt for some reason sunlight feels a lot warmer on the skin.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We are conditioned to think about salt as of NaCl, and nothing else. Big health mismatch.

When @DrEttinger recommends "salt" there is about 30% of NaCl there.
    That "salt" is not about NaCl, it is mostly about everything else.
    Doctors should force/induce laboratories to develop very wide micronutrient testing.

Try Spectracell Micronutrient Analysis. (it should have at least 3x longer list of things they test).

(But that would cut sharply into a list of people wondering why they developed this or that.)

Freebird and John Schumacher like this.
  8. @Daulatwant -> A good read -> Dr. James DiNicolantonio PhD Pharmacy & Cardiovascular Research Scientist - http://thesaltfix.com/

Dr. DiNicolantonio has written hundreds of peer-reviewed medical and PubMed articles, example on magnesium -> https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29387426/

JanSz likes this.
  9. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

I am aware of The salt fix and James. I first found keto, failed at keto, then I found info relating to the salt fix and it allowed me to succeed in low carb and keto.

But now I find reducing salt intake to a minimum and drinking plenty of water enables me to progress towards further improvement. Digestion has become very consistent in a good way, I can eat plants without reacting too badly if I drink enough water, eczema on my palm is improving. I mostly attribute the improvements to water, the salt just seems to get in the way, it draws water out of my body via urination, sweat and bowel movements and makes me have to drink a lot more water to keep things running smoothly.

John Schumacher likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

serum magnesium
    intracellular magnesium
    @John Schumacher how do you feel about spectracell testing?
    They claim that they do functional testing that evaluates the status of measured levels over a 4-6 months period.

I am having a super success in regard to using potassium as @DrEttinger does for himself.
    But when I use magnesium (as he recommends) I am getting diarrhea.
    With my luck, it took me a while to note that my Spectracell test report indicates that I have plenty of magnesium.
    Unfortunately, Spectracell does not measure potassium.
    =======================================================================================================

What is sorely missing is a (worldwide) test that would (functionally) measure 100 or 200 important body micronutrients.

Do you know of any similar test in existence (that is reliable)(and measures very basic items)?

https://www.spectracell.com/our-science
    upload_2021-8-27_16-28-50.png

11. DLO

DLO StarFish

9 min

Jackie Nelson likes this.
  12. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

Thanks for posting ... interesting. Pink Himalayan salt, however, is suppose to be high in fluoride (according to
    environmental scientist, Jason Bawden Smith). Black salt is also loaded with fluoride. I'm going to try this threesome he suggested (with sea salt) and see how it goes. Also like the reminder about weight lifting ... best thing as we get older.

Lastly ... think I missed the quantity of epsom salt and potassium ... perhaps the same 1/4 tsp he started
    with for the plain salt? Will listen again.

13. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Look at him he's built like a tank, he competes in strongman(and wins some). Maybe if you worked out as much as he does, you'd need to put salt into water.

He says in the video, we should be getting the minerals from food. At the end of the video he shows you what HE DOES, not necessarily what YOU should do.

Maybe your food is not so bad at providing you necessary minerals as he describes it in the video. Again are you carrying an extra 100lbs of muscle on your body and lifting 300lb logs over your head, to do as he does?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  14. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Take 3 liters of water. in 3 separate containers, each holding 1 liter.

Place regular salt in one, potassium in another and magnesium in the last.

Add 1/4(or less) of a teaspoon at a time until each of them tastes just right for YOU.

Them mix them all together.

Do it this way every time, try the separate solutions and adjust the concentration of each according to your taste.

Dan2 likes this.
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have you actually tried that? Did it work for you?

This is the same idea as recommended by BODYBIO.
    They sell a set of important minerals. And recommend testing the need for them the way you described.
    It did not work for me.
    I use a number of BodyBio products, but this testing idea does not work for me.

https://bodybio.com/collections/all-products/products/liquid-mineral-set-1-9-2oz-bottles

upload_2021-9-3_16-41-7.png

From the minerals above I had a big break thru with chromium.
    For a long time, I was low on chromium and had a problem, my Spectracel tests were complaining about my glucose-insulin interaction (due to low chromium). Other chromium supplements were not working for me. But definitely sounds logical and appealing.
    That eventually went away after I switched to BodyBio chromium.

=

John Schumacher likes this.
  16. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

No I just came up with this on the spot.

I used to mix several different predetermined ratios of Sodium, Potassium and Magnesium. But never found anything that I could drink regularly. I lost my taste for potassium entirely once I went carnivore and could not drink water with KCl anymore.

Only time I actually craved potassium chloride is when I ate nothing but fruit for an entire day.

For me salts are a remedy, not a need.

Salts can easily alter appetitel, palatabillity of food(enabling you to eat foods that you shouldn't eat), leave you dehydrated, deplete you of other minerals.

There are many who live without any kind of salt at all and are doing great. So perhaps by adding in salts we are throwing a wrench into the gears. And end up having to keep chasing the faults that follow.

When I cut out salt the first time I did not crave it at all. I was completely repulsed by it. It felt wrong to reintroduce it.

Jump to 11:00

12:33 "most compelling... he said that salt ruins your skin"

Does his skin look good to you?
    upload_2021-9-4_11-16-20.png

upload_2021-9-4_11-19-41.png
    Here is him 3 years earlier.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  17. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

Thanks for posting all that. I always believe that people just have to experiment for themselves ... whatever
    works to make YOU FEEL WELL AND ENERGETIC, over time, is probably right for you. If no salt works for you and for these others, great, go for it. But our body fluids ARE .9% salt, naturally, so no salt does not make much sense to me and drinking plain water was not working for me. My skin is great, no problems there. I've continued drinking a big warm mug of salt water and also added a small amount of potassium and magnesium.

I've also always had very low blood pressure, so maybe I just need more salt. Seems people with higher blood pressure may not do well with what I'm doing. Have to laugh though ... once worked as an RN on a cardiac floor and the fat nurses all took the salt away from patients and themselves ... seemed crazy back then and still seems crazy. Again ... just have to test it out for yourself.

Without going into detail, my digestive "pipes" are also working so much better now, since drinking this in am ... and I need NO caffeine to get me energized (I eat very little fibre - mainly eat meat - used to eat very high fibre diet - not good). I walk barefoot every morning and then sun nude for at least an hour. At present, it is working and I have my old energy back again ... and my motivation to get things done. If and when it stops working, then I'll again seek some other solutions ... all just a journey of learning and changing ... until the very end. :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  18. Daulatwant

Daulatwant Kipras

Supposedly most people get about 3400mg of sodium, perhaps they seek it out via eating salted foods without even knowing how much they take in.

Could be that lowest mortality rates is at about 11g of salt per day.

So the proponents of 8-12g of salt per day say that you should be salting to taste, and that's how you get the proper salt intake.

But I would have never been eating anywhere close to 8-12g of salt if I was just using salt to taste on my food, and perhaps eventually I would just loose taste for it and not want any salt in my food.
    I had to put salt in water to take in such ammounts.

How do people get in 3400mg of sodium?
    By eating processed store bought food? Eating SAD diet?
    Would they take in as much sodium if they ate a low carb diet and cooked at home from whole foods?