1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dr Lustig on 60 Minutes Is Sugar Toxic

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jim, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim New Member

I saw a commercial for this segment on 60 Minutes tonight. I hope Dr Lustig is portrayed positively so the message will get out. I can't help thinking about what Dr. Oz did to Gary Taubes. I'd like to think Dr Gupta is less of a showman and will therefore stick to the facts.

I also wonder if they will bring up anything about "complex carbohydrates" simply being another form of sugar, or anything about grains. One can only hope. I guess it will be a start.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_162-57407128/is-sugar-toxic/

2. Jim

Jim New Member

That was a great show. Dr Gupta did a great job. I wonder when he will talk with Dr K?

3. lynn@ellijay.com

lynn@ellijay.com New Member

A great segment. Nice to hear the right message getting out. Would love to hear other shows expanding on the topic - and yes, Dr. K could weigh in too!

4. Baba

Baba New Member