1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dr Kruse TedX talk to be streamed between 4 5pm today Sat Mar 31

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Dextery, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes the Paleo fx videos will be out soon I am told.......their AV guys were unreal.......

2. Valorie33

Valorie33 New Member

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

THANK YOU for your selflessness and for giving us the details here, too.

I'm not worried about repercussions on you for the experiment, though, but on you doing it with the diabetic guy. But I assume little of it was really non-standard - they use ice in surgeries, right? - so I'm hoping for the best.

It was a brilliant experiment, and those with ears to hear and eyes to see will reap the benefits.

4. Lexi

Lexi New Member

holy cow.... you weren't kidding when you said "bio hack".... just amazing. EPIC.

your poor wife... you showed up at home one day with 30 inches worth of incisions? OMG.

5. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Perhaps your husband can do some deep cold therapy for a month and avoid surgery altogether. Just a thought.

6. My husband posted the video on vimeo. If you'd like the link and password send me a private message on here.

7. Wow...I'm stunned. Many, many thanks!!

8. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

I cannot wait to show this to my daughter! She's been a slow convert to a better way of being, In the last 3 years, she's had 3 serious bouts with MRSA. Her baby was born with MRSA although he's never had an active infection (he likes cold ;) Maybe now she will get on board!

9. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Holy cow! I missed Dr. K's whole talk this evening. And I just read mamagrok's transcription. Then saw Dr. K's synopsis ...

This is like science fiction. Someone tell me this isn't some kind of a joke. It's just unreal.

I've been doing on again/off again CT for the past 3 weeks. Last week I had the distinct feeling of strength in my legs (normally I have very weak leg muscles). I thought it was my imagination. But maybe it's true??

10. janagram

janagram New Member

oh my....what does this mean? ct is a miracle treatment? (but what was JK on during the surgery? nothing???)

...I guess living in northern calif. near the coast is a good thing...I could see ocean swimming...but just can't see cold baths with ice....

I am as amazed as all of you, however, so ocean swimming, here I come!

11. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

Nope, its not just your imagination. I caught a bug this week. Usually I get pretty sick. This time the symptoms were so mild . . . more like an irritant than anything. I even went for a dip in my pool. Swimming underwater for the first time (in cold conditions) so yeah, you kind of feel like a mini super man/woman as an effect of this protocol.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

ditto from me!!

13. texasmom4

texasmom4 New Member

I totally agree! Sometimes the written word comes off a little harsh, but hearing you talking one-on-one with the woman in the blue shirt... well, wow. It's so obvious how much you truly care about what you are trying to teach people, and it comes from your heart. I got a whole new side of you from that tape - you're actually kind of a big sweetie! Thank you for what you are doing. You've changed my life, and I've only been on board since mid-February!

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

he has the operation done with narcotics but used hardly any......and that shocked the anesthesia folks and the nurses on the floor......and when he left the hospital in 2.5 days with that operation everyone's eyes were like wide open. He went to rehab for only 5 days and when there he felt so good he began to play banjo for the other patients........in ten days he came back to me with no back or leg pain with a ten inch incision that went all the way from skin to the dural nerve sac and handed me his pain meds back and told me he did not need them!!!!......His operation way more invasive than what I did or was willing to do on me........but If I did not do what I did to myself on Jan 9 2012.......I would have never even considered him for surgery..........that is what made Jan 9th more special. His response to surgery really confirmed what my last experiment showed. Every case I have done since then I am now employing CT with surgery.......and those results are nothing short of amazing. What is happening in my clinic is stunning now. The power of CT was shown threw in that last experiment and that is why I had to make sure everyone adds to the their routine in getting back to optimal........now I have to go soak.......I have sick pounds and two inches left to remove.....

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes send it to me.......Id like to see it.

16. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Was he not a candidate for surgery b/c of his poor health//condition? Or because you didn't think he needed or would be helped by the surgery?

Did you ice especially heavy in the months before the surgery? Do anything special immediately before that led to no pain there? Why did you have pain after (until the icing) but not during the surgery?

One theory about the lack of pain from icing would be that it's just shutting off pain, but that that isn't helpful, as not sensing pain can lead you to do dangerous things (you know, b/c pain is an important signal to keep us from burning fingers off, etc.). Another would be that the cold is actually preventing that damage from happening, not just preventing the pain from the damage. I assume the latter is the case, since not only the pain was less, but the overall recovery quicker?

How long is one normallly in the hospital with this surgery he had?

I ask a lot because ... my grandfather is 80, diabetic, and in a wheelchair.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

He was a NON SURGICAL Candidate for 18 months.......before my Jan 9th epic bio hack.......Normally he would have been in the hospital 7 -10 days with this on a PCA pump and rehab for a month.......total recovery in 3-4 months......and the likel complication rate very very high because of his medical co morbidites........

For me I did not CTing pre op while gaining weight......I was trying to get fat and trying lower my threshold for pain to make the surgery of Jan 9th MORE painful.......I even told the surgeon the day before surgery I wanted him to uber aggressive and boy was he......I looked terrible for 6 weeks......My wife still cant believe what I looked like but I went to work and did surgery without any discomfort......totally numb as I iced every single day when I came home.......

18. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Why, then, did you have no pain during the surgery? I'm missing that key. Was it icing *during* the surgery?

Thanks for the answers. This is so helpful. When you described the man, it just hit home. My grandfather was very active until about ten years ago, he started losing control of his legs. It's suspected it may go back to a cobalt treatment he had for (colon?) cancer 50 years ago, or some back thing that I can't remember that was a few decades ago, or maybe just 15-20 years ago?

He's not a paraplegic entirely, but cannot stand at all anymore, and almost has no use of his legs at all now. I don't know if I could ever convince my grandmother to do this for him (she's a trained nurse), but he loves the way I cook (tradtional, odd foods like rabbit, offal, broth, etc.) and I think he would be very open to it if only I could get past the gguard at the door, lol.

I wonder if he'd look at this if the whole experience with your patient was written up in a blog post by you or maybe by some other blogger or writer. A big newspaper would definitely help!

19. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

20. maggie

maggie New Member

Thanks, Trisha, just watched it. Amazing. I'm going to send it to a friend who is a physical therapist.