1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dr. Hoeper's Journal- Looking for all inputs

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Gregory H Hoeper, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Gregory H Hoeper

Gregory H Hoeper New Member

I'll go on about my history... dissect away I am looking for any and all advice.

28 (almost 29) year old recovering func. medicine doctor working hard to convince those the way of the mitochodriac. Born cesarean section, my mother was on antibiotics while she breastfed me. When I was 2 I got a toenail fungus on both big toes in a tropical island. I still have it 26 years later. I started to get fat when I was about 8 or 9, was very fat until age 16 (S.A.D.) then lost weight and was very skinny (for 4 years, skinny from 16-19/20). I took all those garbage weightlifting supplements for a long time. Maybe into my 20's (mid 25 ish some of them). Video game player. Then got huge-fatass in college (up to about 280) drinking sometimes tons of video game binging really gross with energy drinks I hope I can attone for all of my sins and went paleo and lost it all by the time I was 22. I got fatter a few more times getting to around 220ish. I am fairly muscular and have had somewhat impresive lifts in the past. However now with joint aches and whatnot it gets hard (29 years old and joint aches). Anyway, I've always dug for answers and was in the world of diet arguing, so finally happy Dr. Kruse was finally able to make food easy (environment stupid).

Anyway, got into func. medicine, and working with patients. Helping people, but my problems seemed to not resolve. And actually when I think about it, I can't remember when my energy started getting so bad, but I remember in college and highschool and all of it being bad. And then I also manual labored for some time. So i was probably healthiest then. But when I think about how unhealthy I have been my whole life, I am surprised I am still alive. I get what would appear to white patches of skin with white hair that used to get irritated and red and itchy with alcohol. I have experimented with sooooo many supplements, super high doses etc etc. I got some blood work done april 2017, showed poor kidney function, low cholesterol (like 145 or someething?) highish liver enzymes, high bilirubin, low vitamin D, whacky electrolytes, and a bunch of other stuff. SO i tried really hard with supplements and the whole 9 yards. And then ended up going into zero carb towards august (end, and probably too early) and did that for some time. Got bloodwork in November, there was some good and bad. I attached it but if you're lazy Cholesterol 256 HDL 95 BUN/Creatinine 24 Reverse t3 22 bilirubin 1.3 MCV 94.

***MY LARGEST REGRET EVER: Using PEMF device on my head in the 8-10hz for a few weeks before I discovered Dr. Kruse." Deathly affraid currently I will get brain cancer yesterday. I have also made 3 transpolar flights, and did ground myself the third flight (all in the last 6 months)

Anyway, symptoms: I think I need coffee to use the bathroom, I usually have it after I eat breakfast now so I neve know. Brainfog, discoordination t feels like of my extremities and shoulder pain and leg pain. Freezing hands and stuff. It is super weird, but I can't figure out when I get it. So random all day. I have had bloating with vegetables in the past.

What I am doing currently:

I live in an apartment that has Wifi that I can't turn off completely The wifi band doesn't make it into my room all the time (1-2 bands) but sometimes I see neighbor wifi's. I try to get it off. Flux/orange glasses on pc. Block blue light indoors all day and have minute 1-2 minutes exposure max. Apartment is red and UV bulbs. Eat withing 30 minutes of waking. I Eat usually red meat, now incorporating more fish, and I make a shake with whey protein collagen, differnet things and coconut milk bee pollen etc etc some raw eggs. Also some raw unpasteurized honey. I finish eating by 6:30-7pm. I have 3 meals.

I take 2 showers a day and end every single one with cold water no less than one minute. Getting used to the cold is hard. I am usually in bed around 9 or 10 and up at 5:30-7:00. I ionic foot detox 5 days a week, and infrared sauna 4x a week.

The only supplements I take (which actually ehlp and make a difference) Hexaniacin 2,360mg a day, licorice extract with ashwaganda rehmannia and chinese yam, and a fish oil (Polar Power) which is cold-pressed whole sockeye salmon with the brains whch yield vitamins A,D, Omega 3, 6, 9. I Recently got the X3 Bar to do outdoor training. I have been getting sunlight but it is hard in Pittsburgh.

Attached Files:

WalterNL, Lahelada and Jan Christer like this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Welcome doc!
    You are managing the light you have pretty well already! :thumbsup:
    The light you do not have is sun. Could you consider a trip to the beach? Playa del Carmen?

From what you say about needing coffee and the BUN/Creatinine you are very possibly dehydrated. Are you drinking low fluoride water?
    Have you been following the story about deuterium and deuterium depleted water here? There may be mileage in that for you. We have also talked about here that supplements may contain a lot of deuterium so they may after all not be your best friend. You might want to look into the tests offered by Cignaturehealth to get an idea what your body's deuterium levels are.

One thing that will help immensely is to do a history of the maternal side of your family. What was your mother and grandmother like,what did they suffer from if anything ?

Finally, as you said your only 29... You can lick this !

Jude likes this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

4. Gregory H Hoeper

I get as much sunlight as I can, unfortunately during thr day and my climate exposure is poor. On Sundays I can get about 6 hours of sunlight during the day and try to. It is my only day off but I am getting better at getting it during the week. I suck as getting seafood. Maybe only eat 2x per week. Is canned ok? All my water is bottled spring, and delivered. I will read CT stuff more. I will take any and all suggestions, can't afford to get to a beach for a while but do lay out in the sun and foot detox everyday.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Read the water analysis. Spring is great but as with anything read the fine print.In my country we have a very much hyped mineral water form pristine springs in the middle of a nature reserve , taken care of by vestal Virgins( the latter is my exaggeration to describe the tone of advertising) and I was horrified to find that they have the highest fluoride content. Why? Their water has none so they decided to add it...I was worried about concussion with all the facepalms I gave myself reading that.

If you have your own consulting room ,maybe you can change the lighting to full spectrum lighting? Still not good but better.

Canned seafood is okay but is never ok when the real deal is there but just not convenient. However you are talking to the mother of all "seafood avoiders" ;). It is possible and would help so much especially as you are in the run up to summer now. Your results depend on how much seafood and good water you get now.

Great that you are taking most of your sun opportunities.

6. Gregory H Hoeper

Just spent 3 hours in the woods grounded no shirt about 3-4C or 38-41ish here. I can get frozen, I will eat it more. right now i just turn on one small light and leave window open to let in sun. I'll switch some bulbs to full spectrum.

LieselK and Lahelada like this.
  7. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

You're in Pittsburgh so you can shop at the Strip at Wholey's for seafood! Lucky you! I'm from Pgh and was just there visiting family. It was cold but we had some lovely sunny mornings where I could sit out first thing. Get up for that sun when you have it. Have you read the blogs on your redox potential and read the Epi-Paleo Rx. I started with that, also needed the Leptin Reset for a short time, and it's been an amazing transformation. Grounding is so good! You got this!

Lahelada likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi and welcome .....Have you listened to both of Jack's Vermont talks? Jack and Jeremy's youtube event before Christmas? These are really, really important.

Have your read Jack's book? The Epi Paleo RX ....It is the first few years of his blog.

9. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Your history sounds very comparable to mine. Just keep incorporating more and more of the protocols. Change doesn't happen overnight. In my experience it's incremental, and every day adds up in either the right way or wrong way. Eventually you will have built a solid base and your life turns into the right direction naturally because every decision gets slightly better.

I'd drop all supplements and focus only on sun, water & magnetism. Epi-paleo helps, but at the least make all your food unprocessed. Supplements have a way of messing everything up by disturbing all the intricate feedback loops of our biology. And most of them are ultra-processed and high in deuterium. I still keep some mitochondrial optimizers at hand, but find I don't bother with them unless I go down the wrong way again. Of course this is my n=1.

Lahelada likes this.
  10. Gregory H Hoeper

I am far ahead as far as dropping processed foods. Very rarely do I eat out, and I was 0 carb for the majority of the winter. Been incorporating epi-paleo RX, leptin rx as best as I can, reducing nnEMF where I can, only carbs I get now from macadamia, some kombucha, etc.

I try to use supplements from whole-food companies like Standard Process, North American Herbs and Spices, PR Labs, Metagenics, and Orthom anolecular. Usually only the herbals. Of course I try to get everyone to eat healthier and implement the same strategies that I am implementing who are my patients.

11. Gregory H Hoeper

Yes I read his book, I have read about 1/4 of his blog, watched both Vermont talks, and am working through 2012 online content. I devote about 5 hours a day to his content, so trying to shift my entire practice to be like Jack's has been difficult, and trying to educate patients on all of this information has been difficult!

caroline likes this.
  12. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Wow 5 hours! I would jump to 2016 though and then back if necessary . As you have the necessary background you can dive in that much higher I think.
    It will make a lot more sense then as to why supplements herbal or not have to be evaluated on different levels. ETC/ROS /Proton gradient being keywords. If you have not read them Nick Lane "The vital question" and Jim Al Khalili "Life on the edge" are great for shifting perspective to a submolecular level.

drezy likes this.
  13. Billybats

Billybats New Member

What do you consider mitochondrial supplements.

14. Gregory H Hoeper

Currently I am taking some quercitin, oregano oil, CBD oil, DHEA. Quercitin and oregano every time I get some accidental exposure to lactose/casein or gliadins as I am somewhat sensitive and this happened recently.