1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dr. Alexander Wunsch: No need to wear blue blockers around incandescent light bulbs.

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Hilde, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Very interesting interview with Alexander Wunsch.
    According to Alexander Wunsch there is not need to wear blue blocking glasses when you use incandenscent light bulbs and good indoor light hygiene, because they have just a so little blue in them and lots of red and nir light.

In the German language which I speak and understand quite well.
    Excerpt here:

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I will listen to it tonight .

3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

A good little spectrometer would verify his conclusions in a cinch.

4. drezy

drezy New Member

The darker "previous capture"(darker graph) is an incandescent 40w globe the current measurement is of a 60w clear bulb both from 3' away.

60wclear_40wglobe.png

Outdoor same time (noon) thin clouds:
    outdoors.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Of course regular incandescents are ok during the day if you can't get sunlight through windows. Only red incandescents after sunset though!

Christine_L, Michael CULLEN and drezy like this.
  6. drezy

drezy New Member

If you find good quality red incandescents let me know. I have a couple, but the red coating does not stand up to the heat of the bulb and eventually will flake off in parts. It seems like that should have been a pretty basic design requirement that somehow gets overlooked.

MisterT, Michael CULLEN and Cuffy like this.
  7. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I'd be interested in a good red light bulb source, too. The bulbs I've purchased seem to be made of red glass (no peeling) but they are so dim I can't read by them, so I ended up putting clear (regular) incandescent bulbs back and wear my blue blockers.

I do find it interesting that I see zero change to light temperature when looking toward a red incandescent with the naked eye vs behind BBs.

Christine_L and Michael CULLEN like this.
  8. drezy

drezy New Member

Cuffy likes this.
  9. ElectricUniverse

Thx Drezy for taking guesswork out of that question-- that was a good call by Dr Wunsch. Both graphs look similar to me (but of course not identical). What values are on the Y axis?

The Edison bulbs look grand, don't they?

10. drezy

drezy New Member

The Edison bulbs are dim, but sure do look swanky.

No problem. I purposely left out the Y axis labels because it will vary based on distance anyway so the relative spectrum is more meaningful. The units would be in uw/cm².

11. @drezy have you seen Therabulbs? They are NIR bulbs.

drezy likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

IF you live a life under any bulb you will suspend how life works in mitochondria.

Wunsch's ideas are myopic, in my view, on this topic. He just does not understand the submolecular layer well. He has a focus on light and not much else. This is why he wears an iWatch and tells people that he thinks its OK........even when we showed him what the watch was emitting this summer in Germany. Cognitive bias is strong in humans.

Here is why:

Unbalance light in any format causes melanopsin damage and mitochondrial damage. What does this look like at the submolecular layer?

Do you know the purpose of the unusual construction of the mitochondrial membranes? Did you know that the inner mitochondrial membrane is the ONLY membrane in humans that is DEVOID of DHA? Do you know why the membranes in the mitochondria are built by Nature to be extremely hydrophobic? Do you know that these membranes can carry voltages close to 30 million volts because of this build-out? Do you know that one of these membranes actually makes water from food? Did you know that the atomic construction of this water also has to be specifically depleted of a certain isotope? Do you know why all these things exist in your mitochondria? The answer might shock you. Uncle Jack is going to tell you that all these things occurred 650 million years ago to suspend the laws of physics to allow nature to do things not even gods could fathom. Nature figured out how to use nanoscale spaces to suspend physics to build the possibility of life.

Did you know when a thin layer of water is squeezed between two hydrophobic surfaces, the laws of classical physics break down? Well, I have been teaching my members this since my epic April 2016 webinar on what life really is up too. Now you have more data I am on the right track and the paradigm and all my critics remain myopic.

The take home is this: PHYSICS IS THE SCIENCE OF PROBABILITIES. BIOLOGY IS THE STORY OF THE IMPROBABLE AND BIOLOGY CAN ONLY MAKE SENSE FROM THE PERSPECTIVE THAT THE LIVING STATE IS ONLY PROBABLE USING REACTIONS WHICH ARE STATISTICALLY IMPROBABLE.

So Nature built cells to have the ability to suspend what we should expect to give us the most improbable answer why life really exists and happens. She figured out how to suspend her own laws using things she built. How is that for counterintuitive?

https://scitechdaily.com/quantum-de...andwich-laws-of-classical-physics-break-down/

13. ElectricUniverse

So, it follows if we forego artificial electric lighting of any kind, full stop, to achieve optimal mitochondrial fitness (isn't that the prize?) then that assures we must wake at sunrise and go to bed at sundown, unless a fireplace or candlelight is permissible. Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here?

Christine_L and Paleodocteur like this.
  14. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Wow, that's not just bias. That's full on complete ignorance or self destruction. Pray he's making his own decisions, although I question if any of us really are.

Thought we all knew this was ideal. Incandescents are walk in the park though compared to the 5G light weapons we have to dodge everywhere now.

Christine_L likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy New Member

I have one in my home.

Christine_L likes this.
  16. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

I've been watching this fellow on youtube discussing field theory etc. I know there's a deep connection between what he talks about and what you talk about as far as light/magnetism - he's quite a character (adorably brilliant). Hope you find time to watch.

Tripvan likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-12-8_11-14-34.png

Statistics are useless when trying to understand life.
    We need better ideas.
    @Jack Kruse please lead the ways, (must be more than one).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conflict of paradigms.
    The question of what is the truth is premature.
    No paradigm is certain.
    Certainty is illusory.

To figure it all out one needs lots of cats (and chickens and toothpicks).
    An argument from commonality is fallacious (but not necessarily wrong, just uncertain).
    Conflicts of paradigms. (Electric or gravitic)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Johan Lindstrøm likes this.
  18. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi @Jack Kruse

In your reply on Dr. Wunsch's excerpt you wrote "Unbalance light in any format causes melanopsin damage and mitochondrial damage."
    What is "unbalance light" according to you?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

anything that does not have the spectrum of the sun.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

People who take NSAIDs and aspirin lack sunlight. Sunlight provides 42% red light all day no matter how cloudy it is or where you are on the planet. The red light in the sun heals cells because of evolutionary design. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/31170016/