1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Dougie's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Douglas Freeman, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Douglas Freeman

Douglas Freeman New Member

I have been struggling with acne since puberty, I am now 37 and still struggle.

I met Josh Ferber almost 10 years ago in Sedona, AZ. Six months ago he started treating me with functional medicine and referred me to the Epi-Paleo 6 for a protocol to follow and have been doing that in baby steps to the best of my ability.

I have been doing the same with controlling my environment as far as blue light goes in as far as my occupation will allow.

I have been implementing CT as well and had to back pedal having jumped into it to quickly. I am back to head dunks and cold packs on me face back and torso as it was too much for my system to handle.

Prior to this life style the only thing that has cleared my skin has been "vision questing' (fasting with large amounts of desert sun basking) and intense intestinal cleaning coupled with raw vegan diet.

I am seeing progress followed by some set backs here and there and hope to continue to learn grow and get closer to my optimal with help from this community and Dr. Kruse.

Peace

Doug

2. Gulfgirl

Gulfgirl Gold

Doug, I too have struggled with acne / Rosacea since the birth of my third child 19 years ago. Jack talks about an issue with A/D ratios and I am still learning more. In the past I took vitamin A and it cleared. Now I'm trying to get underneath it and get the foundation right. Sun helps me as well, also being back home on the Gulf and eating super paleo / sea based clean. Once I'm back in my environ, I scale nicely and things level out. For me, physical location is a huge piece.

3. Douglas Freeman

I resonate with this too. In my younger years when the family would vacation at the shore/beach I always cleared up then too. And I eat what ever - i.e. a ton of ice cream. And normally, ice cream, sweets, cause a huge flare up. and i have a hard time avoiding them completely. i always break down at some point and eat sweets.

are you saying sea side or sea level? also, what post specifically are you referring to in regard to the A/D connection?

Thanks Gulf Girl

4. Gulfgirl

Gulfgirl Gold

For me, it's sea level. I'd have to research b/c I'm not recalling it right away.

5. Douglas Freeman

ok.

i will try too.

thanks again!

6. Gulfgirl

Gulfgirl Gold

7. Douglas Freeman

8. Gulfgirl

Gulfgirl Gold

Oh, I wouldn't say that! LOL One beggar showing another where to find a crumb maybe? ;)
    We can learn together.

Douglas Freeman likes this.
  9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Douglas! Where is Josh, anyway? Haven't heard from him in a coon's age.

caroline likes this.
  10. Douglas Freeman

Hey thanks.
    He is in Sedona AZ.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I miss Josh too! maybe he is hunting coon's???

Douglas Freeman and fitness@home like this.
  12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Ditto :)

13. Douglas Freeman

Ok. I've read this article and feel I am only getting pieces. My background is art. Most of What Dr. Kruse says goes over my head. Any way of dumbing this down to pragmatics? I have seen great advances in my health since following Dr. Kruse's advice, most of which has been filter through Josh in a way that I can understand. Feeling like I have plateaued, i still form painful cysts around waist, neck, and forehead. Also, I understand these things take time. I didn't end up this way over night.

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

AM UV light in your eye and on your skin will help the acne disappear. How hard is that? That is what Tensegrity 7 says

15. Douglas Freeman

Many Thanks Doctor! About what duration ~ 2 hours? and I presume outside, not filtered by a window?
    Cheers!

16. Douglas Freeman

Lastly, does the UV need to hit the infected area?

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Douglas, do not despair... it is all super easy :) My brain is about the size of a Hazelnut I guess... :rolleyes: but I still get it all... just be nude out in the sun anytime you can but AM is the most important time of all :)
    when the sun rises.. it is the most healing thing ever......... and stay or lay on wet grass if you can..... surrounded by greens.. it is my favorite way to do it :)

I mostly only can do 30 minutes before I have to leave for work.. if you can, do longer for sure, I would! Every minute counts :)

Maybe put some epsom-saltwater on your skin too... I have read it can help acne too... in combination with sunshine it should be awesome!

Glass/windows in between will give no effect. You need to be outside!

18. Inger

Inger Silver

and if you live in high EMF area you need to move, period. No amount of sunbathing will help you much if you get bombarded with nnEMF :(
    it is possible, many here have moved, me included :) it is a little PITA but after you will be more than thankful you did it :)

19. Douglas Freeman

Ok. Gott find a place where I can do this. Anysuggestions? Also, How do I know/ find out the nnEMF Of where I live? Lastly, Do you have a room for rent? :)

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Well, I have a bedroom free when the ex husband moves out :) you can always come and stay for a while if you want, no rent needed..lol but there will be 2-3 wifi signals in there... not full power but still.. from the neighbors
    I sleep in the horse barn where is no wifi signals but a tent in the woods would be awesome :) plenty of forest here!

You can check out on maps on internet about cellphone coverage/3G and 4G coverage.. and you can test with meters, like the trifield meter. But it is only good for magnetic/electric radiation, but still useful.
    The wifi signals will show up on your computer or smart phone if you have one...... and you can watch your surroundings for cellphone towers etc :)
    To live in a city is not to recommend these days, sadly
    and try to get a place close to the sea level, the higher up the worse it is because of the nnEMF that are everywhere today
    and always choose ground floor! Living upstairs in no good. Yopu need to be close to the earth... preferably touching it with your bare feet ;)