1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Doing CT in a Freezer

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by ozbuck, Dec 15, 2017.

1. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but instead of spending bucketloads of money for ice theres the method of keeping a deep freezer or chest freezer full of cold water to do CT. For example:

Michael Leger and seanb4 like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think someone else has done that ...........

3. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Yeah I also remember someone here using a freezer to CT.

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

The problem is the EMF it creates. If you can tuck it away somewhere and switch it off before you use it I can see it working for you. Water leaks may be an issue with time.

seanb4 likes this.
  5. ozbuck

ozbuck New Member

Yeh all the electricity would need to be turned off while it's in use.

I also think that the water would need to be emptied and refilled after a period of time to keep it from not going bad, unless there was a way to filter it.

But, to pick something like this alternative up (possibly second hand for $300) is a good proposition I think.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Some folks here have chillers .....fitness@home and Randy come to mind

QuantumRadical likes this.
  7. Brent Patrick

Brent Patrick New Member

Put a cap or two of Iodine in the water this is what I do to "keep" the water longer ,and I only CT after having a shower to remove anything on my skin. This works well and I have never had an issue

Michael Leger and caroline like this.
  8. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Put a little MB in there too. It's used in aquariums to keep bacteria from growing.

9. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

I think jack mentioned Luke Story was doing it in the CT talk.

caroline likes this.
  10. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

this is how i ct at home. i love it man! i change out the water every couple of weeks and dump a bottle of hydro-peroxide in and never have any issues with bacteria that i can tell. you can pick these guys up for 100 bucks on craigslist easily. i drop piece of copper in there that's connected to a grounding rod and a chunk of activated charcoal go into the cold!

i am rearranging the ct chest freezer and i was wondering if i would be risking electrocution by using an immersible pump while i'm inside. what do you guys think?

11. drezy

drezy Gold

If you have a Cornet or any other EM meter do yourself a favor and turn the pump on while holding the meter near it to see why I never run my pump and even have a shutoff for power to the whole circuit when I'm in my tub.

A cheap outlet timer will work well once you figure out about how much flow per day you need.

fitness@home likes this.
  12. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

you believe i would be risking electrocution with a submersible pump running while doing ct? i always be sure the freezer is unplugged before i go in.

13. drezy

drezy Gold

That's not what I said at all. As an electrical engineer I know that if you get a GFCI plug in your circuit and there will be zero chance you'll electrocute yourself.

My point is that if, for some reason, you like the idea of straddling your prostate up on top of a strong alternating magnetic field that would make a cornet meter max out then by all means go ahead if it's important to run your pump exactly while you're also in the tub. Otherwise just design around it.

PM me and we can talk. I love knowing others out there are coming up with different cool systems.

FWIW I circulate my water in between sessions and have rarely seen my tub temp increase 2 degrees during 45 minute use.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    fitness@home and Lahelada like this.
  14. drezy

drezy Gold

Benny and anyone designing a system check this out since a picture is worth a thousand words here is a snapshot with the meter 3-4" away from two different pumps I happen to have:

pumps.jpeg

Brent Patrick likes this.
  15. Benny Hammond

Benny Hammond New Member

perhaps a little confusion - i believe i'm asking if it's safe to jump in the tub with the sub pump on. i know that might appear to be an ignorant question in a sense. i put my arm in when its on and there is no problem. well, i guess if you don't hear from me - cardiac arrest in a ct tub heheh

16. drezy

drezy Gold

In the context of a forum, when I answer someone I am on the record for all future people with similar questions that find that answer.

If you concern yourself with increasing longer term colon and prostate cancer then you'll want to not be in a cooler with a pump running anywhere near your bottom.

If you care only about short term electrocution then you probably want to ask on an electrician forum. There will be many mothers worried about their pool pump electrocuting their kids that keep dipping in the landscaped koi pond.

Brent Patrick likes this.