1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does mere foot grounding/thermogenesis sustain full body health?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Glenn A, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Glenn A

Glenn A New Member

To paraphrase Jack, "Humans are the only species bright enough to invent foot coverings, and stupid enough to live in them."

So the animal kingdom, from the Arctic to the Tropics is nearly full-time grounded, though primarily via it's feet. And to a large degree, the same creatures in the Arctic and very often in the Temperate zone, experience less than 50 F degrees in the feet.

While it is interesting to know the value full-body cold thermogenesis has on recovery from surgery or injury, I find I'm more interested in what value this mostly foot grounding and cold thermogenesis has on health and longevity.

Is full body cold thermogenesis necessary to accomplish something that mere foot thermogenesis can do effectively if used daily?

It would be nice to discover a study that shows considerable health benefits from mere foot exposure to cold, as I've already found many studies that show that foot grounding is sufficient to restore aspects of health that are lost by complete insulation from the Earth's magnetic field.

Does anyone have a study that shows how humans benefit from continual exposure of just the feet to ground current and temperature? Or conversely, what damage is done to a wild animal by removing these electrical and temperature conditions? I haven't been able to find anything on this yet!

I did however find a study showing that grounding positively alters immune system parameters and reduces sensitivity to pain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/

So what if cold thermogenesis had been added as another factor to the test protocol? Would the benefits of grounding have been inreased? Reduced? And what if wild animals had also been tested? Would just foot grounding and cold have had the same immune benefits as those shown by having humans experience supine grounding during sleep (though foot sole grounding was used alone during active hours)?

There seems to be a lot of questions opened up here after Jack's experiments on thermogenesis. I spend time every morning for the last month foot grounded, regardless of sub freezing temperatures. I have nothing but positive resuls, including a body that feels warmer while it's feet are grounded and cold. So now I'm wondering if the quantum mechanics involved in cold-grounding somehow helps an animals body remain actually warmer (as in better circulation, or ATP generation), or is the body warmth just a sensational illusion I'm experiencing.

If it's no illusion, then for the animal kingdom it brings up another question: How much of an animals resistance to the cold is provided by it's fur or feathers, and how much is that resistance augmented by effects of what we consider an "elevated" electron flow but is really a "normal" and "adequate e-flow. Compared to this "normal", grounded state for animals, I'm just thinking that humans are almost always measured in a "low" e-flow condition as they are measured in an ungrounded, warm-footed state. We consider the resultant human measurements "normal", but is it healthy?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    recoen likes this.
  2. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Each morning I get up I stand in my now cold pool up to my shins.... I stand there facing the sunrise direction and do some controlled breathing, body movement and review my purpose in life...... I usually do this nude and then walk on my grass for a bit with some extra movement, breathing and general positive motivational, (pump me up) thoughts...... Kicks my start for the day AND FEELS AMAZING. Shortly after I usually do a cold plunge and cold outside shower around sunrise or just after......... But the cold feet, air and water really kicks starts everything.

Just my experience.

3. Inna

Inna Platinum

4. Glenn A

Glenn A New Member

Yeah, I agree with the "FEELS AMAZING" and have a similar morning routine, often returning an hour later to catch the sun a bit higher in the sky than on my first grounded encounter.

Do you think you experience less chill in the remainder of your body (than in your feet) from being grounded only via the feet than you would experience if you had done the same exercise while insulated from the earth contact?

5. Glenn A

Glenn A New Member

Thanks. Great article. Lots of conjecture regarding man's evolution, but interesting about the sweating (and water absorption) uniqueness of man. To me it still leaves open the question of whether man achieves the same benefits from grounding as do 4 footed mammals, or achieves more/less benefit. I'm specifically interested in the subject of cold tolerance. So in the case of man: cold tolerance of poorly clothed (or naked) bodies that are routinely grounded compared to bodies that are not grounded at all.

Jack definitely demonstrates he feels the foot-provided water-cycling is one key to enhanced brain energy and body heat generation. Though there's dozens of holes in the theory of how man got developed this ability, the fact that this is man's condition is not hard to accept, along with the benefits to his survival, trading mobility for brain power.

6. recoen

recoen New Member

@Danco3636 do you find doing the CT first with only your lower legs has any effect (positive or negative) on your cold adaption when you do your cold plunge and shower later?

7. Bob Stirling

Bob Stirling New Member

That's an interesting question! I would say that much of the animals resistance to the cold is maintained by an "adequate normal e-flow". Assuming that, the fur is protecting a naturally "warm" body so doesn't have to do as much work. The undercoat is the soft insulator and the overcoat is a windbreak and seal. Humans can't survive long in those conditions without support.