1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Does Leaky Gut Include Kidney Issues?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by MaggieC, Jun 9, 2012.

1. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

My other half is a type 2 diabetic, and his urine albumen levels are still rising. The lab's reference range for normal is below either 23 or 30, and his is 145 this time around. We got his A1C down to 7 fro something above 9, sometimes lower, and I'm not seeing an improvement in THIS number, it seems to be getting worse. Also, the reference level for creatinine is .6 - 1.4 mg/dL, and his level is 147

What can we do about it? The doctors don't seem to care, but I do. I want him to have working kidneys thank you very much. Just because he's over 60, doesn't mean life's over for crying out loud!

Does this qualify as leaky gut?

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi MaggieC. Sounds like your hubby is cutting way back on sugars, based on his A1C progress. Is he also cutting back on wheat and corn? Don't worry about the fact that he is over 60, he can beat this. The doctors just want to manage his illness(es).

When I cut out eating sugars, I would still occasionally get cloudy urine. When I cut out wheat, that stopped entirely. I think I still might have a leaky gut, though perhaps it is a bit less leaky. Hope this helps.

4. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

Thank you for the information! I'm already doing a ketogenic diet, and he sees how little I'm suffering. He only eats carbs/starches one meal per week now, which always includes dessert.

5. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

6. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

Having done more research, I am furious. According to dh's urine albumin and creatinine levels, he is in stage 3 kidney disease, and just hasn't started exhibiting symptoms. What I'm mad about is that I go to his doctor's appointments, and NONE of his doctors has mentioned how important this is. Because he has heart issues, and is diabetic, that's all that's important. Yes, they said his kidneys aren't filtering stuff as well as they should, and that's it. I was reading literature last night, that claimed it wasn't reversible. Just do your best to keep it from getting worse. AT LEAST 3 doctors aren't raising an alarm that THIS IS IMPORTANT. I wonder how they would feel about having to be on dialysis for the rest of THEIR lives. The brochures say "moderate" carbs to protect kidneys. Sigh. I'm sorry, I'm preaching to the choir here. I'm just furious. Yeah, I have health problems too, and I'm working on them. DH is 13 years older than I am and I want him around as long as possible, and the medical profession (present company excluded, thank heavens) isn't helping a bit.

Dear Jack,

I would love for you to do a blog on kidneys. I'm guessing I'm not the only person dealing with this issue! Also, does it count as leaky gut, or is it a separate issue?

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

my kidney function has been down the last few years and nobody takes issue with it.... b/c it's not bad enough to do medicate it....yet. Effed up world. Makes me just as furious.

8. chocolate

chocolate Silver

souldanzer, that 's where the vitamin d receptors are. Also an issue with my cupcake.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

receptors as in uptake/making vit D or receptors as in unable using the vit D that's already there?

I guess what I'm asking is would that make my D level drop or my body just can't use it?

Always touches my heart talking to a parent :(

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, MaggieC, sorry to hear about that. It would make me furious also. That must be why he is slow to respond to his lowered carbs. One carby meal per week sounds very good, considering. I wonder if cold (CT) might help his kidneys. I'd definitely throw out all the ibuprophen in the house.

11. MaggieC

MaggieC New Member

I can't throw out the ibuprophen, I can choose not to use it though. My best and only option is to lead by example, and we've made it to here so far. I need to show major changes in my health before my family will come along too.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

In his situation, cutting out ALL carbs would be best, of course. But until then, perhaps he could try substituting krill oil for the ibuprophen. It takes effect in a little less than an hour, like ibuprophen, and seems to last about 4 hours. Even my parents agree that it works remarkably well, for muscle/joint pain as well as headaches. I've also recently found that bromelain also works quite well, at least for muscles, but it has to be taken on an empty stomach.

He's lucky to have you on his side. :)